(X) LC--Steph's Yummy Chicken Stuff

inky dinky doo

<font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the
If you're looking for something super simple, oh-so-tasty, and even fit for serving company . . . here's another one from lowcarbfriends.com. It is sooooo good! I discovered it about a week and a half ago, and I've already made it twice. It's that good! I haven't tried the Mexican version, yet, but I'm sure it's just as good. Enjoy!

Steph's Yummy Chicken Stuff

When this went into the family recipe book (my Mom published one for the reunion this summer), we called this Steph's Smothered Chicken. But around our house, it's just "Yummy chicken stuff." Creative, aren't we?

2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. mayo
1/2 packet dry hidden valley dressing mix
1-2 T. heavy cream (optional)
3-4 cans of sliced mushrooms, or fresh
1/4 c. (or more) grated parmesan cheese

Place thawed (a little frozen yet still works) chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish. Spread mushrooms over the chicken, trying to keep them on the chicken. Mix together sour cream, mayo, dressing mix, and cream until blended. Place large dollups of the mixture on each breast, then spread it out so that it covers all meat and mushrooms. Sprinkle grated cheese on top until covered (the more cheese, the more "crusty" it gets). Bake at 375 until top is starting to get orange-brown and crusty - about 45-60 minutes.

Using a metal spatula, serve onto a plate, trying to keep the yummy stuff on top of each breast intact. The chicken will be very juicy and the stuff on top is very yummy, hence our name for it!

Things not to do:

I (Steph) once tried to make this into a casserole by dicing up the chicken first. I ended up with tough little pieces of chicken that were not very juicy. The shredded (fancy) parmesan cheese, instead of the grated, turns to little hard shards when browned that stab you as you try to eat it, or if not as browned, are still too "crunchy."

This is without a doubt the most popular recipe on the PP site! I've never heard of anyone who doesn't love it. This is one I've had requests for, too, again by non-LCers! There are lots of variations, including a Mexican one!

Steph's Yummy Chicken Stuff - Mexican Version

6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1 t. cumin powder
3 T. Tabasco green pepper sauce
2 T. heavy cream
3 cans mushroom stems and pieces -- drained
4 oz. green chiles
1/4 c. shredded Colby-Jack cheese

Place chicken breasts in a single layer baking dish. Spread mushrooms and chiles over the chicken, trying to keep them on the chicken. Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin, tabasco sauce and cream until blended. Place large dollops of the mixture on each breast, then spread it out so that it covers all meat and mushrooms. Sprinkle cheese on top until covered. Bake at 375 until the top is starting to get brown and crusty, about 45-60 minutes.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 256 Calories; 14g Fat (50.4% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 324mg Sodium

This sounds great! Looks like a crossover for WW's too. All they have to do is use reduced or fat free sour cream and mayo.

I'm going to try this, sometimes yummy chicken stuff is yearned for around here :)

i made this tonight and it is SCRUMPTIOUS! it actually tastes similar to Longhorn Steakhouse's Parmesan Crusted Chicken. And that's a VERY good thing!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!