X-mas gift idea including Disney recipes

3pletprincesses

DIS Veteran
My mom visited Disney for the first time this year. we had a all girl trip which included my mom, my sister, my cousin and my DDs. We had such a blast including perfer meals as we were on the Deluxe plan and did lots of signatures. My mom has since spoken soo much about the food and is planning on going back with all of us August 2013 as I am due next May and she wants to bring the baby when he/she is around a year old.

I thought the perfer gift for her would be to do a Disney recipe binder with all the meals we had plus a few more. She loves to cook and it would be the perfer gift. What is your favorite Disney recipe? I know many recipes listed are no longer available at restaurants and thought it would be a nice touch to add the best ones.

Thank for your help!

My mom visited Disney for the first time this year. we had a all girl trip which included my mom, my sister, my cousin and my DDs. We had such a blast including perfer meals as we were on the Deluxe plan and did lots of signatures. My mom has since spoken soo much about the food and is planning on going back with all of us August 2013 as I am due next May and she wants to bring the baby when he/she is around a year old.

I thought the perfer gift for her would be to do a Disney recipe binder with all the meals we had plus a few more. She loves to cook and it would be the perfer gift. What is your favorite Disney recipe? I know many recipes listed are no longer available at restaurants and thought it would be a nice touch to add the best ones.

Thank for your help!

Have you been to our recipe thread? There are so many great one posted!

I loved the cured pork loin from Boma, the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier, the little nutty salad from the Whispering Canyon cafe, the biscuits and sausage gravy from the WCC's all you care to eat breakfast skillet, and so many more I can't even begin to tell you!

thanks for the suggestions. Yes I have been to the thread but most of them are things from the past that I have no idea if they are any good LOl That's one of the reasons I was hoping for suggestions

thanks for the suggestions. Yes I have been to the thread but most of them are things from the past that I have no idea if they are any good LOl That's one of the reasons I was hoping for suggestions

What were her favorites? Maybe we can get the recipes for you

thanks for the offer!
I started doing the recipe book yesterday afternoon and one ofthe recipes I noticed which is not posted is the Warm Chocolate Banana Torte from Citricos

I don't have that one, but you can email guest services and request it; if you do and receive the recipe please post & share.

This is an older recipe from Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in Disneyland, but it's something we eat on a fairly regular basis. I don't know if they still serve it, but the recipe is good anyway.

Count Down Chicken Fusilli

5 ounces Alfredo sauce mix (dry mix, such as Knorr)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup low fat milk (I use regular milk, I don't buy low fat milk)
1 cup water
2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 ounce sun-dried tomato crumbles, reconstituted
3 ounces Pesto sauce (prepared Pesto)
2 pounds dry fusilli pasta (we use fetucine)
1 pound sliced smoked chicken breast (better with this, but we rarely add it)

Prepare the Alfredo sauce according to package directions using the cream, milk, and water in place of any liquid the mix calls for. Mix in pesto sauce. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain well. Place in serving bowl, top with chicken, sauce, grated cheese and tomatoes. Mix and serve. Serves 4-6 people.

Another we have enjoyed is Shrimp and Asparagus Penne Alfredo from 1900 Park Faire, Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian.

1/2 pound asparagus spears, cut into 2" pieces
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 quart heavy cream
1 pound shrimp
1/4 pound Parmesan cheese, grated
1 pinch nutmeg, to taste
1 pinch ground white pepper, to taste
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 pound penne pasta, cooked and drained

Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and chill in cold water. In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the olive oil until aroma develops. Add the heavy cream and reduce to about 2 1/2 cups. Add the shrimp and allow them to cook through (about 3 minutes). Add the blanched asparagus to the pan and allow to heat through. Add the Parmesan cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, and pepper to the pan. Stir to melt the cheese. Toss the pasta with the sauce. Season to taste with nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Serve hot with additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side.

VickiV

Have you been to our recipe thread? There are so many great one posted!

I loved the cured pork loin from Boma, the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier, the little nutty salad from the Whispering Canyon cafe, the biscuits and sausage gravy from the WCC's all you care to eat breakfast skillet, and so many more I can't even begin to tell you!

:scared1: What recipe thread??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter