x

joining in - thanks for the Batsignal! Welcome to the world of trip reporting - it can be somewhat addictive

Love the old photos! BTW - it was the podcast about Disneyland and the 60th anniversary that really convinced me to book our trip to Disneyland as well

Thanks for the heads up. I tend to be really bad about checking the TR forum for new TR's very often.

Before I begin I wanted to make note that I am terrible at all things spelling soooo I apologize in advance for spellings errors and for the fact that some of my typing make me sound like a caveman (an example that I forget to add “s” to things lol).
Well, you've read my crap, so I think you'll be fine.

Well January 2016 rolled around and it wasn’t looking like we were going on any family trips BUT I had the “I really want to go on a Disney vacation” itch – I am sure most of you are familiar with this.
I have no idea what on Earth you're talking about. :rolleyes1

But how / why did I decide to go to Disney World for the weekend?
Because, why not????

I love the last minute trip! That's pretty exciting, and I'm glad that you were finally convinced to go through with it!

But what was really happening was my sister was puking (sorry for that visual) in the bathroom.
Uh oh... And you have a Disneyland trip coming up.

This has happened to her 3 different time in the past, the kids get sick the week before Disney and then she gets sick in Disney. Poor thing.
Oh no... that's some crappy luck.

We headed to the bus stop! And this is where I remembered you gotta take the boat to Hollywood Studios.
Come on! You know better than that!

So when you are at DHS at rope drop what do you do??
RnRC!!!!!

... or Toy Story

After meeting the two snazzy ducks, we walked on the great movie ride. I enjoy this ride, I do think it be cool if they updated it for some newer movies though.
::yes::

They claimed the snake was not poisonous and not to worry. Easier said than done, snakes are creepy.
Yep... poisonous or not, I don't want it anywhere near me.

We got seats and this is when I noticed that only the girls were with me and no boys. Not sure if they said they weren’t coming or if we lost them on the way but we didn’t see them for the rest of the evening
Um... your sister sends you to DHS with her kids and you lose the boys???? :rolleyes1

Fantasmic was great per usual, this is probably my favorite night time show. This and wishes, I can’t never decide what I like more.
Wishes! Can't go wrong with either one though.

After the show, Jess was still itching to ride RRC but they had star wars fireworks. We decided to stand near RRC and watch the fireworks so we didn’t have to walk back to RRC again. I enjoyed these fireworks, but I didn’t get the full experience.
I'm glad you got to see them, but yeah, definitely missing out on a lot of it. The soundtrack really makes it work.

Once the fireworks were over, we made our way to RRC, there was a pretty long line outside the queue. Turns out the ride was down due to technical difficulties.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm following along! Congratulations on getting out of lurking status to start your first trip report! I too was a long time lurker until recently.
I can't wait to read about both your WDW and DL trip!
That snake would have terrified me too, I would have been screaming while running in the opposition direction as fast as possible.
Those zebra domes look great! Those are on my list to try next time I'm at the world.

I'm glad you got to see them, but yeah, definitely missing out on a lot of it. The soundtrack really makes it work.

I'm following along! Congratulations on getting out of lurking status to start your first trip report! I too was a long time lurker until recently.
I can't wait to read about both your WDW and DL trip!
That snake would have terrified me too, I would have been screaming while running in the opposition direction as fast as possible.
Those zebra domes look great! Those are on my list to try next time I'm at the

Last edited:
So glad you got to join your sister and family for a couple of days! Would love to stay at the Beach Club next trip - we always have stayed at the Boardwalk renting points and love the Boardwalk view we get of the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. I have a question (and I'm pretty good at abbreviations) but what does "Dat view doe" mean on your pic you posted of your view? (awesome view btw!) Hope your sister got to feeling better and that you didn't catch the bug!

So glad you got to join your sister and family for a couple of days! Would love to stay at the Beach Club next trip - we always have stayed at the Boardwalk renting points and love the Boardwalk view we get of the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. I have a question (and I'm pretty good at abbreviations) but what does "Dat view doe" mean on your pic you posted of your view? (awesome view btw!) Hope your sister got to feeling better and that you didn't catch the bug!

Thanks for reading! I love the beach club, it was the first deluxe resort I ever stayed. I really do love the whole boardwalk area though and i would love to stay at the actual boardwalk! lol "dat view doe" is short term talk for me basically saying "look at that view though" (dat = that, doe=though)

Welp, my last Disney day arrived as quickly as my first Disney day did!
Boo! I guess that's part of getting a bonus last second weekend trip. 2 days are better than none.

Our plan of action was to head towards mine train to see what the wait look liked. But first we stopped for some castle selfies.
WHAT???? There's no time for selfies! That line gets longer by the second! :rolleyes1

During the time, I deiced to see if my sister and Johnny were any better at Disney heads up. They were not, they might have even been worse lol
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I told them we could take the train to Frontierland and everyone said “what train”. How do they come here every year and don’t know about the WDW Railroad?!
Well, no wonder they're so bad at Disney Heads Up.

Next up my sister had fast passes for something I can’t remember, but I had a fast pass for Haunted Mansion so I split from the group. After my visit with the hitchhiking ghosts I headed to one of my favorite shows in all of Disney, Mickey’s Philharmagic , I love this show. 1. It's is great cool down if you are hot 2. It basically all my favorite Disney movies and songs in one little video – I just love it!:lovestruc
:thumbsup2 2 great attractions.

I really like that shirt.

Sadly, the Carousel of Progress would be my last ride for the day since I had to catch and uber to go home.
NO!!!! Oh well, it looks like you got to experience some classics and have a nice couple of days in WDW. Nothing to complain about there!

Next up Disneyland! But do I catch the sickness my sister had?!
Oh gosh... I sure hope not! :eek:

WHAT???? There's no time for selfies! That line gets longer by the second! :rolleyes1

I know, I know amateur move

Well, no wonder they're so bad at Disney Heads Up.

Guess it goes to show that not everyone is a Disney Nerd like myself! haha

:thumbsup2 2 great attractions.

Agreed

I really like that shirt.

Thanks! I think I found it on redbubble for like 20 dollars, I got some compliments too so money well spent!

NO!!!! Oh well, it looks like you got to experience some classics and have a nice couple of days in WDW. Nothing to complain about there!

For a last minute, pretty inexpensive trip, it couldn't of gone better! (minus the sickness part lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter