Xmas 2017.

alibeau

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

It's been a REALLY long time since I've been on here! Hope everyone is well....

We are hoping to be in Kissimmee this December and it will be the first time that we have been there on Xmas day. We have two girls (14 & 11). Our 14 YO is happy to be away at Xmas and looking forward to spending her birthday and Xmas cash in the Nike stores!!!! Our 11 YO is not quite at that point yet (although she starts high school in Sept and so I am aware that a lot can change in 6 months) and she is worried that she will somehow miss out on Xmas if we are away.

We will be staying in a villa and will definitely not be visiting a park on Xmas day and so I was looking for suggestions for things we could do on Xmas Day? Are off site restaurants open? I had intended to stay 'home' all day but am now wondering if there are any alternatives for Xmas day that would be memorable for her?

We are unsure at the moment how many (if any) of the parks we intend to visit on this trip and so I am also looking for suggestions of places to go and things to see to get us into the Xmas spirit?

Look forward to your replies :)

Thanks.

Ali.

Last edited:
i would go to one of the disney resorts for a meal, if you can snag an ADR...

my favorite resort, the grand floridian, is absolutely charming for xmas...

try getting an ADR there...

others that are especially nice: the wilderness lodge and the beach club resort...

We were there last Christmas and went to the WC at the Wilderness Lodge for our Christmas meal, it was a "holiday menu" and we all enjoyed it. We even saw a bit of the firework display from the boat dock. In the day we had played mini golf on the Fantasia course and walked across to beaches and cream for an ice cream.

Other years we have dined at the California Grill and seen the fireworks and also Citricos.

Thanks for your replies. The Wilderness Lodge looks like our type of thing as we wanted something quite casual! Was the 'holiday menu' completely different from the usual menu? I only ask as I would eat anything, anywhere but unfortunately my DH and offspring are rather more fussy and so I would need to have an idea of the food on offer prior to making a decision!!

Thanks again :-)

The meal at WCC is served family style, if I remember it was a salad starter, and then this:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - lunch and dinner (family style - turkey, ham, beef strip loin, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cornbread and cranberry sauce)

There was also a trio of desserts for sharing. We enjoyed it and had a wander round the resort afterwards and walked down to the boat dock. There was mulled wine for sale in the lobby or you could go to the bar. I would go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!