Xmas Decor - Gingerbread House???

malibustacey

Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pr
Hello

We have been thinking about the photo opps for the wedding, and we think the xmas decor would be great around disney to have in the backdrops!

Now... im sure i have seen a hugeee gingerbread house somewhere in Disney.... is this true, where is it & what time of year is this up?

Does anyone have any photos?!

We were married last November 10th in Disney and spent November 12th at the GF. They were setting the Gingerbread House up then. I would think it take at least 4 days or so to do this.

Linda

Re-exposureofDCFC0042.jpg

The Gingerbread house over at the GF is actually a really cool thing that Disney does around the holidays. they even have hidden mikeys added in. This is a picture Steph and I took back in 2007, not sure why we didnt take one last year. Wish we could get a picture in front of it for our wedding, but it usually comes down right after New Years Eve.

i love that picture!!!:love: i don't remember why we didn't take a picture either honey. i really really hope it might possibly still be up for our wedding...in any event, i will take some pics for you stace. yea it is up in november so hopefully it should be there for your wedding being it is in the middle of november. they also have a shop where you can buy gingerbread cookies and stuff in the actual gingerbread house! :goodvibes

you so have to claire!!! it will DEF be there on your wedding day.

No no... please do~!! :goodvibes

I might try and get a photo by it on our wedding day! something unusual!

you totally should. it will be a fun picture to take. i would totally be cheesy in the pic!! :lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl:

Each resort has a different/unique gingerbread house set up in the lobby too I believe. It's always fun to check them all out around Christmas time with the hotel lights on :)

I am having my pictures taken in front of it for my wedding this dec 14th! It's one of my favorite things to see at Xmastime in Disney and I wouldn't miss the chance to take my wedding pics in front of it!

I am having my pictures taken in front of it for my wedding this dec 14th! It's one of my favorite things to see at Xmastime in Disney and I wouldn't miss the chance to take my wedding pics in front of it!
you are so lucky!!! i am getting married 1/3/10 and they will probably be taking it down or it will be down by then :(

you are so lucky!!! i am getting married 1/3/10 and they will probably be taking it down or it will be down by then :(

You know I would double check with your planner because I thought they started taking things down the 2nd week in January not right after New Year's. I might be wrong though...
e14574.gif

You know I would double check with your planner because I thought they started taking things down the 2nd week in January not right after New Year's. I might be wrong though...
e14574.gif
we have gone the past 2 years for New Years and the day after new years they start to take the gingerbread house down. i am hoping since it is a weekend, they will maybe wait until monday (the day after my wedding) to take it down. oh well i guess i will see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter