Xmas Week Hours

McKelly

DIS Veteran
I was hoping for some 7:00am openings at MK the week between Xmas and NY. Still only 8:00am. Do you think there is still hope?

I keep waiting too and assume it will change since it usually is a 7:00 opening.
I’ve done it many times over Christmas week.
I don’t know what they are waiting for since it’s the busiest time of the year and has been 7am for a long time.

Oh yes..... there will be 7am openings every day at MK. We've been a couple of times Christmas week and there were 7am Mk openings daily. The first trip was before MDE and the opening times changed at the very last minute- we checked in the lobby on the way to our room nightly for the following day- they would post a sign daily with the next day's park times. But the last trip- the 7ams were announced earlier- I can't remember how early- but I'd imagine you'll know well before your trip. I am pretty sure the 7am is for resort guests only- so that could be why they aren't posted online? I can't remember exactly how they posted it last time- but I have no doubt MK will be open for resort guests daily at 7am. Some of the other parks will on certain days as well.
Also keep an eye on the other parks- get to them all early because some mornings they would let you into the park to a certain point way earlier than normal. And yes, getting to each park early was a HUGE part of riding the rides you want to ride and avoiding the crowds.

Have fun, pack your patience, and soak up every minute! You will have a blast!! I love Disney during Christmas week!

So is it 7am EMH every morning or 7am regular hours? They wouldn’t do a 7am regular open with 6am EMH, would they?

So is it 7am EMH every morning or 7am regular hours? They wouldn’t do a 7am regular open with 6am EMH, would they?

It was EMH at 7am on our trips and regular park hours started at 8am. We got so much done between 7- 10ish each day- that first hour was priceless and so worth it!

I believe that I've also seen it reported that EMH guests were let into MK between 6:30-6:45am for the 7:00am published EMH.

Has anyone experienced this during Christmas/New Year's?

So help me out here as we have not done EMH before. Do you just pick either Tomorrowland or Fantasyland and hit up as many rides as you can during the EMH hour (7-8) and then is there a 2nd rope drop for Adventure and Frontier lands? Do you have to go stand in that RD line also along with the later arrival crowds?

Looks like the MK changed the hours Xmas week to 8:00am opening, which means 7:00am EMH. Yeah!! They even have a 6:00am opening on Xmas Day - that seems new?

Finally
I just changed my FP to start at 8am for Mine Train on Christmas morning

6am is going to be really early!!!

So help me out here as we have not done EMH before. Do you just pick either Tomorrowland or Fantasyland and hit up as many rides as you can during the EMH hour (7-8) and then is there a 2nd rope drop for Adventure and Frontier lands? Do you have to go stand in that RD line also along with the later arrival crowds?

They will do the opening show at 7:55 on the steps of the castle. You could go back to the hub and watch the show or wait at one of the other ropes OR you could stay behind the castle and wait there to get into Liberty Square.

Whether we do Tomorrowland or Fantasyland depends on what FP+ we have for later. That 7 am EMH would be a good time to do 7DMT if you don't have a FP+ or you want to do it multiple times. You also don't have to choose one or the other. You can move between the two lands to do what you want to get done.

Looks like the MK changed the hours Xmas week to 8:00am opening, which means 7:00am EMH. Yeah!! They even have a 6:00am opening on Xmas Day - that seems new?

Finally
I just changed my FP to start at 8am for Mine Train on Christmas morning

6am is going to be really early!!!

Whoa! 6am is really early! I'm assuming they'll have buses At resorts beginning at 5am or 5:30am?

Whoa! 6am is really early! I'm assuming they'll have buses At resorts beginning at 5am or 5:30am?
I would guess by 5am at least, maybe even 4:30am. Don't they say they start buses 90 minutes before park opening? Or maybe that's only if dining opens at 8:00am. I'm sure there will be no dining open that early!

I would guess by 5am at least, maybe even 4:30am. Don't they say they start buses 90 minutes before park opening? Or maybe that's only if dining opens at 8:00am. I'm sure there will be no dining open that early!

That is correct. Transportation starts 90 minutes before park opening and it is bound to park hours. Therefore it will most likely start at 4:30 am that day.

Dining (except probably Starbucks or maybe other counter locations) will probably start at 8 am.

Will they have photopass photographers out at 6am on Christmas Day.

It will be our first full day so jet lag will have us awake at crazy o’clock and we are staying at the contemporary. So I think I’d like to walk to Mk just for photos before heading to HS for opening later.

It is possible that if the park is open, the Photopass Photographers will be there. Maybe not a lot, but think a few will probably there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter