XP: "Fold Down" beds at Port Orleans Riverside?

Bethany Jensen

Queenie23
Hi! First post/thread, also posted in "resorts." Making plans for April 2019 and have two children, male (will be 8) female (will be 12). Both are 99th% height and weight, and need separate sleeping arrangements. Anyone have actual experience with fold down bed at Port Orleans? WDW staff said there is no weight restriction on bed but looking for someones real life experience. Is my linebacker sized son going to fit? He sleeps very nicely in a twin bed at home. There is NO rolling bed/cot option.
Thanks! :)

If he is linebacker size, no. The fold downs at POR are slightly larger than crib sized. I would bring along or ship down a twin blow up mattress.

He is about the size of an average 10 year old at the age of 7. I didn't even think to bring or ship a blow up mattress!!! Great idea!

Those beds definitely aren't very big---think small daybed/toddler bed. He might fit, but if he spreads out or tosses and turns, he is not likely to have a great night of sleep. We were going to have my 2.5 year old use it last time we were there and I was worried he would fall out due to the small size.

I saw on a disney vloggers (blanking on which one) a probably 5'5 woman able to lie down on them. She was thin but she DID fit on it (if you were a super sound sleeper who didn't flop around much). Granted, her head was at the very top and her feet were at the very bottom, but I want to say it was at Boardwalk or Beach Club.

I guess you could probably do Art of Animation suites? I feel like the videos I've seen from there have an adult bed, a pull out couch AND a murphy/fold down bed?

We stayed in POR years ago and put the murphy bed to good use....but with younger/smaller children. I really don't remember if the POR rooms were big enough for a twin air mattress or rollaway bed. Just in case you start to worry about the room size, we just returned from Coronado Springs- our regular room had two queen beds and room for a rollaway (no extra charge! but only available first come first serve...we arrived with a twin air mattress just in case) ANYWAY, what I wanted to get to is that there was easily enough room for the rollaway to be out, we never folded it up.

I think that either one of them would be fine on it. My 10-year-old slept on it and was perfectly comfortable. I googled it and the actual size of the bed is 63" x 30" if that helps you out a little bit more.

IMG_0966.jpg IMG_0965.jpg IMG_0964.jpg My son loved it when we stayed there. He was 9.5 I'm not sure if height and weight but he was always over 90th percentile for height and 75ish for weight. Also shown is my tall daughter who was 12, she didn't sleep there, but would have if we let her. My son never fell out or complained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter