XPass

I forget where I read it, but it said it will be replacing the fastpass system...so that there will only be the XPASS

I forget where I read it, but it said it will be replacing the fastpass system...so that there will only be the XPASS

Just so you know, just because you've read it, doesn't make it true. :)

Disney has said very little about XPass...and I mean VERY little.

We also don't know exactly how Disney will charge guests for the option.

Disney's Magical Express is marketed as "free" but every resort guest pays for the service bundled into their room rates. WDW transportation (buses, boats, monorails) is "free" but guests pay for it via their ticket purchases.

Disney has been looking for a way to wean resort guests off of 20-25% discounts and "free dining" since the economy tanked in 2008. I can think of no better way than offering enhanced FASTPASS features for "free" to resort guests, while gradually charging higher rates to those staying in the rooms.

A lot of it may depend upon how much guest usage the FP system can support.

But all pricing discussion--including my own comments above--is purely speculative at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter