Yacht/Beach Club Marina Reception question

DisGirl23

Is it time to go to Disney World yet?!
Is anyone familiar with the YC/BC Marina reception area? I understand it's out in the open (which is what I like) but, I'm starting to wonder about non guests. Will other people be able to just meander through or around the reception? Or is it, for the most part, separated from basic public areas?
I'm okay with noise and passers by, I just don't want to feel like I decided to have my reception out on the sidewalk.
Thanks!

Ok, here is a link for Disney wedding reception's. I clicked on Reception search , outdoor, "Specialty Venue" and YC/BC came up

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/vsi

I just came back from Food and Wine festival staying at the Beach Club, and there was a reception one of the nights, assuming you chose the surf-and-sand motif

Here is a map of where they had the tables set up

red circle is the tables, BC is on the right, YC left side

beach.jpg
[/IMG]

You will hardly notice the people walking by on the sidewalk headed too and from Epcot/Boardwalk

Oh... when is the reception I might have to crash it :lmao: :rotfl2:

Congrat's

Hope this helps

Shipwreck Beach is next to the path—no path cuts through it, so there would be no reason for anyone to wander into your event. Here are some pictures:

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Carrie, I was actually referring to this area...
ybcmarina.gif

Do you know much about this area? Thanks!:goodvibes

Oooh, yeah... that area is totally out on the sidewalk. Interesting that they're calling that a venue.

Picture2.png

You can see how they might confine your tables to two of the four sections of boardwalk, so they are kinda set back, but—having traversed that particular section of sidewalk numerous times over the last few weeks—I can say that it really is directly in the path that people walk from the Yacht Club to the Swolphin/Atlantic Dance Hall. Even if you put up a plant wall, you'd still have people passing right by your tables. There's another more meandering path through the grass there, but I never saw anyone take it.

Ok, now I'm a little bummed...
I'll check it out in January. And I'll look at Shipwreck Beach. It does look very pretty, I'm just considering grandma and her walker...

Thanks again!

Oh no, I didn't mean to bum you out! :scared: You know, people won't be walking *through* your event, just next to it. And depending on the time of day, maybe there won't be that many people out and about. It's great that you are so considerate of your grandma, and it does seem like the marina would be more walker-friendly than the beach.

Have you considered the Grand Floridian Marina? It's a little more out-of-the-way, although you do get people going in and out of Gasparilla Grill. But, again, they can't go through your event.

I guess it's best if you check it out for yourself! :thumbsup2

No worries, I'll check it out and ask about it in January. The pics I've seen look perfect for what I'm looking for. I'm sure they wouldn't let people roam freely through my reception.
We're looking to have a SBP ceremony and an Illuminations Dessert Party so, keeping it nice and close seems the way to go but, I don't want the reception in a banquet hall. I'd love Ariel's but, that doesn't appear to be an option?
Grandma's pretty much a "planter" she finds a place to sit and just stays there until it's time to go. Everyone always comes to her because she's the cool chick! So, even if we decide to to Shipwreck Beach, we'd just have to get her to her table... ;)

I am also having a SBP wedding followed by Illuminations DP. We are having an outdoorsy reception on the patio of the St James room. That would give you access for your grandma give you the outdoor feel and means no one will walk past your reception.

Just a suggestion

Thanks for that! I've been researching St. James a little. I think I'll add that to my site visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter