Yacht Club or Wilderness Lodge?

With your park plans the WL is definitely the way to go. The buses to the Magic Kingdom are usually the best and quickest option. We are rope droppers and we would always take the bus to the MK in the morning. For our return to the WL or afternoon trips to the MK we would always take the boat. The pools are fine, the slide is pretty meh. It's definitely not Stormalong Bay but the atmosphere at the WL pool area is pretty nice being surrounded by the Geyser, the Lodge, trees and Bay Lake.

I love the Epcot crescent lake resorts; however, given your itinerary, I'd pick WL. 1) Closer to your park activities and 2) a new resort to try. Save Yacht Club for the next time you'll spend more time at Epcot or HS. On your resort/relax day, I'd recommend boating to Ft Wilderness Campground for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. :)

Do the WL boats run on a schedule? If so, is there somewhere I can see the schedule? Thank you!

Do the WL boats run on a schedule? If so, is there somewhere I can see the schedule? Thank you!
The WL boats try to run 20 minutes apart, but there isn't a fixed schedule. The boat to MK begins running 30 minutes before park opening and the last MK boat is one hour after park close. The resort boats that travel between WL, CR and FW try to travel 20 minutes apart, too. There are signs on the dock with the boat start times.

Thanks again everyone! We’ve decided on WL! Seems to be a popular choice - excited to stay somewhere new!

With kids 2 & 6, we’ll do MK & AK for sure. Would you all recommend Epcot or HS as the third resort, or a second day at MK? We did do MK in November- never have done the other resorts with the kids.

Are you getting the Park Hopper? I found when my kids were all under 8 years old, we didn't need a full day at Epcot. You could do Epcot & then take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. Even now my kids would want more time at MK over Epcot.

The WL boats try to run 20 minutes apart, but there isn't a fixed schedule. The boat to MK begins running 30 minutes before park opening and the last MK boat is one hour after park close. The resort boats that travel between WL, CR and FW try to travel 20 minutes apart, too. There are signs on the dock with the boat start times.
Thank you so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter