Yacht Club Renovations

Tinkerbelle14

DIS Veteran
I was just reading other postings about the Yacht Club going through renovations. I know my wedding is a while away, but I was wondering if anyone knew how long these renovations will be going on for and if they will not be booking weddings at the Gazebo for any reason. Thanks!

Hi there! My wedding is next July and we were originally going to have our reception at the Yacht Club but on our 1 year-out anniversary, our sales manager called to let us know that renovations would be starting around then and no one knew how long they'd take. She asked me if we had a second choice, like the Boardwalk or the GF. She offered the GF at the YC price, so I'll give you two guesses as to which we're going for! Hope that helped! :hyper:

Urghh imagine this we book the YC Gazebo because we love it sooo much and the YC is the first hotel we vacationed at together so it always held a special meaning for us so we never considered anywhere else.

We had our engagement photos taken there and we were so looking forward to some of the YC shots that we would have on our wedding day.

So back in May, the week before the wedding, I head over to YC to show my SIL the Gazebo and OMG there was boarding up on one side of the hotel in direct photo view and by the Gazebo - I was gutted I had no idea at all, but there was nothing that I could do about it so I knew I'd just have to suck it up !

But I handled it well I joked with my EM about it I knew there was nothing that could be done but I did say to him jokingly, "So I take it that all the boarding will be coming down for the wedding day ?!"

I was fine with it on the day and it didn't really get in the way BUT the really cool thing was that all the workers had to down tools from when the wedding guests started to seat and until the wedding was over - I felt sooooo important and was touched by the Pixie Dust.

I was just there last week and they had scaffolding up on the side of the building that is to the left of the Gazeebo. They were also replacing the boards on the main walkway to the resort .
Maybe by the time you get there the whole backside of the resort will be refurbished and you won't be bothered by any of the remodeling going on. I'm sure if they know you are having a wedding there that they won't let anything interfere with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter