Yachtsman Steakhouse and dress

Anne2

Mouseketeer
What do most people dress in for dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse? When I called dining they said 'smart casual'. Do people dress in shorts / jeans, or do they dress up a bit?

Thanks!

We were dressed up a bit, nice slacks and shirts. I don't remember seeing anyone in shorts.
My next visit will be in a wedding dress :D

Guest do arrive in resort attire. We usually wear nice pants, khakis or a skirt & top. Nothing real dressy.

No one was dressed like they just walked out of a theme park.
It's a very, very nice place.
I'd dress up just a tad.

So are you saying if my DH and I show up in clean jeans and nice sweatshirts that we will be really out of place. We are eating here prior to our Illuminations Crusie and really don't want to wear good clothes since it will be cool on the water and we won't have time to go back to AKL to change before the cruise?

Clean jeans, nice sweatshirts are good.

I just wouldn't go in shorts and a t-shirt.
Enjoy that cruise, and your dinner.

I had the steak marinated in Jack Daniels bourbon....it was great!

I was just there at the beginning of October. We had called for the dress code & were told "smart casual" which meant nice pants or shorts & a collared shirt. No bathing attire or tanks we were told.

We wore dress shorts, sandals & nice shirts. Some guests were more dressed up than us & others were less dressy. I wouldn't wear sneakers but my opinion is that shorts are fine.

We'll be back their next Saturday, Nov. 8 with our kids & we'll all be wearing nice shorts or sun dresses.

P.S. Don't miss going to this restaurant. I am not a big red meat eater, but DH & I enjoyed it so much we ate their 2X in 4 days. :teeth:

Thanks Kfisher I was begining to think I had made a mistake with this PS. We are both looking forward to our first crusie and meal here.:tongue:

Thank you for all the replies!! My husband and I will be there the first week of December, and will be switching resorts several times. I wouldn't mind dressing up, but was trying to limit how much I had to pack. I don't want to miss the restaurant, so I'll have to think through some solutions!!

Anne, you'll be fine in whatever you wear but I do find it easy to wear a fresh pair of Khakis or linen pants to dinner and then wear that same pair to the parks the next day. Cuts down on the packing and yet I feel "neat and pretty" on my way to dinner.

Hi padisneylover!

DH and I ate there last Dec.15 after seeing the Osbourne lights, and wore jeans and sweatshirts! We saw different styles of dress, but no shorts, but it was on cool side that night!

Shopgirl:earsgirl:

The Yachtsman Steakhouse is aour favorite place to eat at WDW. We have eaten there on every trip since it opened. The service is wonderful and half the wait staff knows us now! We love the crab cake appitizer.

You will be just fine in your jeans and sweatshirts. There may be a party or two of conventioneers in suits, but most folks are casual.

Sounds like a wonderful evening! Have fun!:wave2:

Done YSH a# of times and always in theme park casual--shorts, Disney T's and tennis shoes. Never felt the least bit out of place and always others dressed in similar fashion. Truth is, no one will notice or care how you are dressed, as long as it isn't a bathing suit and a tank top on men.

Thanks again for all the help!! We have never been the boardwalk area :o, so looking forward to the evening!

Thanks for all the worderful reasurance's about the jeans. Hmmm, me in a bathing suit for dinner would certainly clear the restruant :tongue: :hyper: :teeth: :earseek:

We ate there this summer after leaving the park, and we ate in our shorts, t-shirts and sneakers. No one said one word, and there were all types of outfits there.

Christa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter