• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Steakhouse for Reception?

TexasCourt

DIS Veteran
I have a question....I am starting to think about what kind of reception I want after my intimate wedding, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse came to mind. I have a question though....can you wear your wedding attire into the Yachtsman Steakhouse? What is the rule on this? What about into the California Grill? That is also an option for me. I have tried calling Disney, but I have been getting mixed information. :confused3

Thanks!

Yes there have been brides on here that have worn their wedding dresses to both places. I am having my reception at the Yachtsman Steakhouse in April! Hope this helps. :goodvibes

Laura :bride:

Laura,

Thanks so much....a few questions...how many people are you having at your reception? Are y'all having a private room? Are you having anyone taking photos of your reception? How far in advance were you able to book it? Are there set menus, or just the normal menu that is there all the time?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate all of your help! pixiedust:

My reception was 12 people with Randy, so yes we had it photoed. We did get placed in a private room at Yachtsman, but any more people and we wouldn't have fit. They set us up at a HUGE square table with 3 people on each side. We set it up with the manager at 6 months out (when the PS window was 90 days, don't know how it would work now). He then made sure we were booked at 90 days. He made us special menus without the prices, and with the items off the regular menu that we wanted. We set it up with 3 courses, and then wedding cake (we had a second one at the dinner). We did 2 appetizer courses, then the main course. They also gave us a seperate kids meal even though we only had one child.

Hope this helps.

Melissa

Paul, the manager at Yachtsman was really helpful in planning DD, melmel's wedding dinner.He fax'd me the current menu. We just crossed off the things we didn't want & he made personalized menus with Melissa & Joe's name & the wedding date. The menus had no prices listed so people could order what they wanted. I assumed that I would be charged for the most expensive meal x12. Actually, they billed only for what was actually ordered. Our waiter, Bill Martin was wonderful. He was our server when we went down last year & we liked him so much that we requested him again. He was able to trade with someone so he would be at our table.
Also, if you have the Disney Dining Experience card, you get 20% off on food & alcohol for up to 10 people. It saved me about $130 on the dinner.
HTH
Eve

Absolutely not. They will not allow anyone to dress down for their restaurant. Imagine,someone wants to eat there dressed in that attire. That's kookytalk!!!

goalie5hole said:
Absolutely not. They will not allow anyone to dress down for their restaurant. Imagine,someone wants to eat there dressed in that attire. That's kookytalk!!!

Huh??? :confused3 Am I the only one confused by this post?

The Disney Dining Experience (DDE) is available only to Florida residents & any annual pass holder. I have an annual pass (AP). With the pass the DDE is $60/yr. I debated getting the AP, but I'm glad now that I did, I didn't get much park time on this last trip because of the wedding, so since I have an AP, I'll just have to go back before the end of the year. Ha, Ha. With the DDE, you get 20% off on all food & drinks including alcohol at most sit down restaurants on WDW property. It saved us a lot of money, since we used it several times that week. What I saved in that one week covered the cost of both the AP & the DDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter