• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Steakhouse for reception

lt90

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used the Yachtsman steakhouse for their reception after the wedding? did you use the semi private area? Did you decorate tables? Cut your cake there? Was the manager accommodating?
We want to use the semi private area for lunch after our Escape wedding and just wanted to hear about other peoples opinions.
TIA!

If you use it for lunch, you have to rent out the restaurant and be out by 3pm I believe. The catch is, it maybe the same "type" of food from Yachtsman Steakhouse, but because it is rented outside of the restaurant hours, it will be Disney Catering cooking it--not the Yachtsman Chefs.

Does that make sense??

We had our dinner reception at YSH back in 2004. It is only open for dinner and depending on how many you need to have the first reservation at 5:30 pm. We had a table for 12 in the back of the restaurant. I had Disney Floral do a carriage centerpiece and we had full menu's (minus the lobster) without prices on it so our guests could get whatever they wanted.

We had our cake cutting at our SBP ceremony (3:30 pm ceremony). YSH did a great job taking care of us. A server did spill lamb juice on my Mom's suit :eek: he was horrified that he did that. Disney cleaned the suit and couldn't get the stain out so the paid for my Mom's suit.

We were at the restaurant for over 2 hours, never felt rushed and the food was excellent! It was nice having restaurant guests congratulating us and we never felt like we were in the middle of a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter