Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shula's ???

momwithdream

Earning My Ears
My DH and I will be having a quiet evening out together (no kids!) and were wondering which is the better choice. It will be an anniversary (11 years) and birthday (?? years) celebration. I would love to hear opinions. I think our biggest concerns are food quality and the overall experience.

Thanks!

Well, I think most would say Shula's and we did have reservations there, but I switched over to Yachtsmen. The menu just sounds better and I think the dress code is a little more casual and I just have a feeling we will be happier there. Their deserts on the menu look good-We'll see. I haven't been to either, but it does seem it depends on peoples individual experiences, rather than one restaurant being better than the other.

I'll be able to tell you in 3 1/2 weeks, cuz I have PS at both.:p

I think most people will say Shula's. That is the one I'm looking forward to more than any other PS I have.

All the reviews have been great.

Definitely the Yachtsman! The food is every bit as good and the service and surroundings are better!

I don't think I am the only Yachtsman fan out there - but I might just be the most vocal. I never miss an opportunity to weigh-in on the Yachtsman vs. Shula's questions. I would most definitely suggest that you have dinner at the Yachtsman!!

I'll just tell you that I have found the food & service to be head-and-shoulders above Shula's. It is not that I don't like Shula's- I have eaten at the original Shula's in Miami Lakes on a number of occasions as well as the location at the PGA resort in West Palm Beach. I simply find the Shula's at teh Swan to be lacking in atmosphere (it is way too dark for my liking), in service (they seem to be very interested in getting you out of there - unless you are with a large group - who might drop a big tip and in my experience there I would say the attitude bordered on rude), and in food quality (med rare doesn't mean crispy on the outside and bleeding on the inside).

Now, how about the Yachtsman? Never had a bad meal there (in almost 11 years, 3-4 visits per year), it is a must do on every trip! the food has always been very good to superb. The service has (in the past) been somewhat lacking at times - but never to the point of us deciding "we will never eat ther again". I would also say that in our last three or four visits the service has been outstanding, particularly our most recent visit in July. Our server was fantastic and the food was superb. I like to call the filet- "knife optional steak eating". We are looking forward to our visit in October - we will surely have a fantastic dinner there!

Hope this helps, I'm sure you will enjoy Yachtsman!!!!

If you are comparing, imho, Yachtsman is the minor leagues. It has declined greatly over the last few years. Their prices have increased. Our last two experiences there were horrible.

Shula's is not romantic. It is by far the best beef on property. When you do all the math it may be more expensive then YSH but the portions are much larger.

pnelson make reference to dress code. It's no different then YSH. You will see all styles.

We have been on a number of occasions and have had nothing but the outstanding service.

Again, imho, Shula's ranks with Morton's and the like. YSH is on the line of Bonanza.

"Again, imho, Shula's ranks with Morton's and the like. YSH is on the line of Bonanza."

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion - but perhaps overstating your opinions and exaggerating your comparisons is not helpful to those who are asking for assistance in making a decision - unless of course, you really believe the statement. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that compare YSH to a Bonanza.

Originally posted by uncle al
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion - but perhaps overstating your opinions and exaggerating your comparisons is not helpful to those who are asking for assistance in making a decision - unless of course, you really believe the statement. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that compare YSH to a Bonanza.

I may be hard pressed, I may not be. The loyal YSH supporters on this board are dwindling for whatever reason. I think I'd prefer Bonanza to the last meals we had at YSH.

I also think honest opinions help to make decisions. My is an honest opinion. One that I have posted on this topic on a number occasions.

Go look at most of the YSH v Shula's or any steak thread and you'll see.

We couldn't decide between Shulas or the YSH ~ so we decided to go to both.

We have eaten at the YSH every trip since they opened. It is the one place we tell everyone we know going to WDW to try.

Like Bonanza? Isn't that one of those places you stand in line with a tray? Nope, nothing like YSH. The atmosphere is elegant but not too fancy. Linen tablecloths, excellant service, great wine list.. we have never been disappointed.

I wanted to thank everyone for responding to my inquiry!! It seems that there are some divergent opinions! My DH is leaning towards the Yachtsman, I think mainly for the atmosphere. However, trying both sounds like a good idea!! If we can't get them both in this trip maybe we will try Shula's next time. It will give us ANOTHER reason to go back!!

Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter