• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Steakhouse & The Wave

Sarah84

DIS Veteran
If anybody has had their reception at the Yachtsman would you mind kindly sharing some photos?
Did you work with the restaurant to have any decor on tables? was their a choice of how the tables could be layed out? and just any other details you could tell me?

Also The Wave at the Contemporary, has anyone used it or visited? could you share some info about it? prices? how they would seat a large party (about 15) hows the food? private room etc? oh and any pics would be great

My husband and I had dinner at the Wave on our last trip (Jan).

My steak was excellent. His pasta was so-so. I didn't see the private room, so I have no idea, but the restaurant is very dark, and I didn't see a single window. The restaurant itself was very open, so not super cozy. The prices were much lower than yachtsmans.

The private room at the Wave is at the back of the restaurant and has no exterior windows (well, the whole restaurant has no exterior windows). It runs the length of the restaurant and can be divided in half for smaller parties.

For a private meal there, you would need to order off a group menu, but it can be customized - they just need to know ahead of time what everyone wants to eat.

The food and beverage minimums for half the room (up to 35ish people) are

Breakfast: $200.00

Lunch: $400.00

Dinner: $1,500.00

Minimums double if you want to use the entire room (for up to 50 people), except at dinner, when it's $2,000.

DSC09672.jpg

DSC09671.jpg

DSC09673.jpg

The private room is behind the windows at the back of this shot - sorry I didn't have the presence of mind to shoot inside it, but it looks pretty much like the rest of the restaurant:

DSC09677.jpg

Thats brilliant thank you, i don't suppose you have a copy of the menus we'd have to pick from? and know what time the 'lunch' option runs from and what time we'd have to be out by?

I actually *do* have the menus - I feel so prepared! :teeth: PM me your email address and I'll send them over.

Breakfast: 7:30am-11am

Lunch: noon-2pm

Dinner: 5:30pm-10:00pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter