• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman steakhouse

FutureMrsF

Mouseketeer
Hi

After looking at pretty much all the different Disney menu's the Yachtsman seems to be perfect for us.

Does anyone know if they have a private area and what the requirements are?

Has anyone used it for a post escape ceremony dinner that could let me know what it was like?

Thank you
Andrea x

We enjoyed our first visit to Yachtsman in Dec. 2011.

It is an intimate setting that does involve a dress code.

The service and the atmosphere are great. Not a lot of children.

We enjoyed our first visit to Yachtsman in Dec. 2011.

It is an intimate setting that does involve a dress code.

The service and the atmosphere are great. Not a lot of children.

We were just there on the 14th and the 17th of this month and I couldn't disagree more with the above poster. Perhaps we were there on 'off' nights, but while there is a dress code, it wasn't enforced -- there were people there in jeans, sweats, and cover-ups. Also it was very loud on both occasions, which was fine for us, but I wouldn't have wanted that after our wedding on the 18th.

I would agree that the service was outstanding and it was a nice atmosphere, there didn't appear to be any private areas where you could have a peaceful meal following your ceremony. Perhaps the last poster was there on a slower day, but having had the same experience on 2 separate nights I would probably say that what we experienced is more common.

Hope that helps!

There is no private room at Yachtsman, but there is a semi-private section that seats up to 16. You can see it in the third photo, here: http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/yachtsman.htm

If you work directly with the manager of the restaurant, you can talk to him about moving tables together and see which area of the room he recommends. They don't always seat large parties in the area pictured above, but maybe you could request it. They can also do personalized menus, and if you want to have the Disney Florist deliver arrangements, they can work together. The do require large parties to order off a group menu, which starts at around $60/person.

Wow these posts are really helpful especially the pics thank you

We will have quite a few kids with our wedding party so the noise doesn't bother us as we will probably be noisy too

I will look at some other options because there may be 19 of us and we wanted it a bit more private

We are having our meal at the Yacht Club after the wedding, however there are only 3 of us! We are staying at the Yacht Club so I will be speaking to the manager before our special day to ensure that we have a window seat with a nice view out over the pool - I'm not anticipating a problem as we have booked for 5.30pm.

We are having our meal at the Yacht Club after the wedding, however there are only 3 of us! We are staying at the Yacht Club so I will be speaking to the manager before our special day to ensure that we have a window seat with a nice view out over the pool - I'm not anticipating a problem as we have booked for 5.30pm.

If there are only 3 of you and you're going early then you should be fine! Honestly, the restaurant is fab and I would go back there again -- just thought it was fair to give an honest report of our experiences.

FYI -- One thing they didn't tell us the first time is you can swap any potato/starch for your meal which would've come in handy the first night! The sweet potato bengiets (not sure how you spell them I just eat them!) are out of this world!

I love the Yaughtsmans it has always been quiet when i hve been there and the service and meal have all been outstanding but I normally pick a later seatings.

Wow these posts are really helpful especially the pics thank you

We will have quite a few kids with our wedding party so the noise doesn't bother us as we will probably be noisy too

I will look at some other options because there may be 19 of us and we wanted it a bit more private

Just remember sweetie, that wanting to be a bit more private will limit your options quite a bit. There are only a few restaurants which have a private room, and some can only be booked as a catered event (eg Napa Room). Others are small - we thought we wanted to use the Chef's Domaine at Citrico's but it only held twelve (as it happened we were more than happy with sitting in the main restaurant in the end). I know that Jiko at AKL has a private room, but I am unsure of the F & B minimums or guest capacity, as it was not a place we considered.
You may like to consider a restaurant which is somewhat 'off the beaten track'. We had our Welcome Dinner at 'Turf Club Grill' at Saratoga Springs. We were sat on the beautiful balcony/terrace and I think there was only one other party in there all the time we were there. The food was lovely and the service excellent. I think it is one of the lesser used restaurants at WDW and it suited us perfectly!!!
Good luck with your decision!!

The Yachtsman was one of the choices that we considered for our dinner after our Escape VR recently. We had a group of 12. We were staying at the Beach Club so it would have been very convenient. I asked our wedding coordinator if we would be able to be seated together. She said they couldn't guarantee that a large party could be seated together but if we booked a reservation at 5:30 (our VR was at 2:30) it would probably be possible to at least get tables close to each other. So I guess my tip is to book it early and try an early reservation if you want to try to sit together. I didn't want to take a chance and ended up we did a dinner at an off-site restaurant with a private room.

Thank you again for the advice I am a complete panicker, I'm already getting stressed about this and we are not looking to do it until may 2013.

I wish we could have a wishes wedding as we started planning but we are struggling too much to get the money together.

It is more important to me that we all sit together so I think we will relax our need to be in a private room.

We don't like fish dishes and df doesn't like Italian which is making a restaurant quite hard. We do all love steak though

Thanks again ladies

We had our reception dinner at YSH 8 years ago this month. 11 of us, our planner had me contact YSH directly. You do need the first seating of the night for a large party so they can sit you a one large table. We had Disney floral do a carriage with flowers as a centerpiece with chocolates for the favors. Menu's were personalized with no prices and we eliminated a few items that way guests could order whatever they wanted and had no idea of the cost. Was about a 2 - 2 1/2 hour dinner. Service was excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter