• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman's steakhouse - intimate dinner?

disneyjenny

Disney Bride '07
I am planning on having a meal after my intimate wedding at 5:30 PM, has anyone ever eaten here for their wedding? They have a pretty nice bar, so I thought it would be nice during that period of time where there is nothing to do..

We had our wedding dinner there after our intimate setting. There was 11 of us and it was excellent. We had special menu's done and chocolate favors on the table.

Hi Jenny,

We have booked the Yachtsman for our intimate dinner there will be 13 of us and have booked this also for 5:30. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

Nicci

I thought the food was great....now i did it back in 97.....but i still recall how great it was

We had the place to ourselves cause it was a little early for dinner ,,,,so we got lots of great service & when we were done..it was packed & all these little girls thought I was cinderella & people were taking pictures....it was really cool
If you LOVE steak, you'll be very happy...its was so yummy:rotfl:

Thanks for your replies.. what do you mean by "special menus?" Is it possible just to order off of the regular menu?

DD had her Intimate Wedding dinner at Yachtsman 12/06/05. I spoke with the manager Paul Ernandez (I think there are 2 Pauls). He was wonderful. I called him about 6 months before the wedding to get the ball rolling. He e-mailed me the current menu, Melissa simpley crossed off the things she didn't want offered (the super expensive stuff) & told him how she wanted the rest laid out on the menu (ie: appetizer, soup, entree, dessert). When it got close to the time, he sent us any changes on the available menu (There are minor seasonal changes). Then he had personalized menus printed up with no prices & "Congratulations Melissa & Joe 12/6/05". He even made up a kids menu to look like the adult ones, at Melissa's request. I met with him the day before the wedding & he showed me the menus & the room he had for us to use. We had a group of 12 people, so he put us in a room off to the side. It wasn't completely private, but it kept us away from the general traffic in the restaurant. If we had had more than 12 people, it wouldn't have worked too well in that room, but for the size of our group, it was perfect. I know that somewhat larger groups have had there dinners at Yachtsman, but I'm not sure exactly where. Paul ended up being out sick the night of the wedding, but called our waiter to make sure that everything was perfect. It was. By the way, our waiter was Bill Martin & he was incredible.
Hope your wedding is as perfect as DD's was. Disney CMs went out of their way to make it so, every step of the way.
Eve

That sounds awesome!
I have been in touch with the restaraunt - the manager's name now his Mark something. I asked about personalizing our menu and he said our group is too large to do that. We have 20 people. He suggested the group menu for $70 a person, which I really do not want to do. I don't believe that people will order 3 courses to pay that much. So, I am hoping we are just allowed to order off of the regular menu. It would be nice to use the Disney Dining Experience too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter