• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Y'all have to earn it

Zooshoveller

WAR EAGLE
DH and I recently returned from an exciting, relaxing, magical, adults only trip. It was our late anniversary trip filled with food and drinks. As soon as we returned home, the kids started begging to go back, so we made a deal. They have to earn it!

I have b/g twins that are almost 10. They are doing great in school, and everyone tells me they are sweet and funny and kind and thoughtful... Um, my kids? Are you sure we're talking about the same two?

Lately we have been having behavioral problems. Nothing major, no disciplinary actions needed. But just constant bickering, not listening, back talking, etc. Lots of little things all day that have caused me to have even more gray hairs. I now understand why animals eat their young. God help us when they became teens. The snarky bad attitudes stop NOW!

So here's the plan - I went to Hobby Lobby and bought two big jars and some small Pom Pom balls. They each have a jar. Do good, get a ball. Do bad, lose a ball. Jars must be filled to go to Disney. Simple. And DH has no problem canceling if they don't truly adjust those attitudes.

And so far... It's working!!! Time will tell if it lasts.

The Disney plans - a short trip over Spring Break. Staying at All Star Music. Planning on eating at QS for most meals. I have under 5 months. That's exciting and scary!

DH and I decided that we have to Earn It also. We have a weight loss goal. If we hit our goal by the time we leave, we will get a surprise. We just need to now decide on the surprise! Or at least the monetary amount. I would love a guilt-free gift card. I never buy what I want, even at home it's hard for me to spend money on myself.

On our last trip, all I wanted was to make my own charm bracelet, but I just kept making excuses. I didn't get one and regret it now. Oh, but our last visit to WDW was fabulous!

Well looks like we may not be going to WDW next year. I'm so bummed. The house really needs some repairs and just freshening up in general. <sigh>

DH and I have started back eating healthy and exercising now that holidays are over. Hopefully we will feel and see results soon!

The kids' overall behaviors have made a positive turn around. The snarkiness is at an all time low! LOL Most importantly they are respecting themselves, each other, and us. They love watching their jars get more and more full, but the end reward will probably now be a weekend at UO for their 11th birthday.

For Christmas the kids gave me a Mickey waffle maker! Yesterday DH and the kids set up a small breakfast buffet complete with (plush) characters. The kids wore their Mickey ears and we wore our magic bands. It was magical! <3

I adore that idea!
We have our kids earning money for Disney, they are on a can-collecting mission right now and also want to sell lemonaid!

I think I want to do something similar to your pom idea too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter