Yard Work..House Chores...Never Ends...Are They Your Hobby?

I loathe yard work and I get sick of the doing the same routine when it comes to cleaning house.

But I LOVE a clean house.

Summer time is fun time. We have 3 older teens, they're all home on summer vacation. On the days they don't work there is chore chart on the fridge, and they take care of keeping my house clean while I'm on summer break:teeth:.

I'm going to miss them when they're gone:sad1:.

I consider my vegetable garden and flower garden my hobby. They really don't take long to weed and I only do it once every 2 weeks. I have noticed that this year, it's more of a chore - I guess that's because I'm older and have a hard time getting on the ground.

The house - well lets just say cleaning isn't my strong suit. I need to dust and vacuum and clean bathrooms again and I'm so not looking forward to it.
I need to get back on a schedule but I always seem to work on fun stuff instead like sewing or jewelry making when I have time rather than cleaning.

Plus my daughter is refinishing a desk in my office/craft space so that room will need to be thoroughly cleaned when she's done. I peeked in there today and all the dust from sanding. Ugh. She will be helping with that clean up for sure.

I don't really enjoy mowing the lawn, but it's a job that needs to be done. I do it if DH is too busy, but he does 75% of it.

We trim bushes once a year, in July, and do the job together.
I felt the same way until I discovered Ryobi's cordless mower and hedge trimmer. No gas, no electrical cord. Work is done in minutes!

I felt the same way until I discovered Ryobi's cordless mower and hedge trimmer. No gas, no electrical cord. Work is done in minutes!

We have a big yard to mow, takes 2 hours on a riding mower, 3 if we mow around the outbuildings and the air strip too.

It almost seems to be for me... that stuff is never ending. I don't really do yard work, but there is always something to do around the house. Laundry seems to be the big one.

is it my hobby? Nope.
Is it my responsibility? Yep.
Do I have funds to allocate to giving that responsibility to someone else? Nope
I just really, REALLY dislike the short summer we get, say, 10 weekends~ being sucked up by the work and not by play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter