*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I've learned that Dapper Days will be the very first weekend of May. Unfortunately we'll just miss it by a day or two. Is anyone planning on participating? I love looking at everyone's attire!

Thanks - added to the alerts section on first page - except it looks like it's only DHS and Epcot, no MK? that's weird.

Thanks - added to the alerts section on first page - except it looks like it's only DHS and Epcot, no MK? that's weird.
Oh, you're right! I agree that's strange. I'm fairly certain that last year the Spring Dapper Days were in MK and Epcot. Maybe the thought process was that it fits the theming of DHS more and they also wanted to include Flower and Garden.

I'll be honest, I had never heard of Dapper Day until it was posted in this thread. Does it affect crowds at all? We will be at Epcot on that Sunday, 5/3.

I completely forgot about Jedi training- my DS will just be turning 4.. I think he would love it.. do you know how long it is????

And GE has me at such a loss I dont know what to do lol
I'm a newbie, but what I've learned so far is that you have to sign up first thing in the morning. The training takes about 20 to 25 minutes, but all together it will probably take about an hour. I think because of getting there before the show and the setup and stuff. But that info is just from my research but not actually doing it. :teeth:

I booked a bounceback for Mother’s Day weekend and I’ll be taking my mom. We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge 5/8-5/12. Anyone have any recommendations for Mother’s Day itself? I’ll have to act fast!

CG mother's day brunch is up! Grab them while you can ;)
Did you find a menu for this anywhere? I tried but could only find menus for other locations, like Swan and Dolphin and some Disney Springs locations.

I revealed our surprise trip to DH at our anniversary dinner last night! :bitelip: I had to tell him sooner rather than later so that I could be sure he could get the time off of work. I can tell he was really impressed with my secret planning. :blush:

Why don't I just go ahead and make this official. ;)

Welcome May 2020 Adventurers!!! :flower1: :rose::flower::butterfly:daisy:

So I'm Farro (Drea) and that's Micky with me in my avatar and we are headed back to Disney in May 2020! I did the official October thread for our trip in 2017 and it was such a fun way to pass the time! I know these threads don't get the action they used to, but I love them anyways! :p

Please feel free to use this thread anyway you see fit! Talk, plan, gossip, laugh, cry (don't cry) and have fun! If you can think of anything else that would be useful in the first post, feel free to let me know and I can add it.

Flower and Garden Festival!!!

March 1 - June 1 2020
New for this year will be Remy topiary featured in the NEW Ratatouille Garden at the France Pavilion. According to Disney, “this delicious new garden will be planted with veggies used in a ratatouille recipe.”

I think this website is great for festival planning: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...cot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

Disney After Hours May Dates! Extra hours after close (at cost)
Will add date and prices as they become available

DHS:

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Disney After Hours Dates/Price (regular Disney After Hours)
5/5, 5/11, 518 and 5/25
$129 per person (advance purchase)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/magic-kingdom-after-hours/

Villains After Hours Dates/Price (note, this is the Villains After Hours not the regular Disney After Hours)
5/1, 5/8, 5/14, 5/22 and 5/29
$145 per person (advance sale)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-villains-after-hours/

ANIMAL KINGDOM:
Disney After Hours Dates/Price

5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/19, 5/26
$129 per person (advance sale)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-after-hours/

Pre-Trip Reports!

Here is a section where I will link to our May Adventurer's pre-trip reports from the Pre-Trip Reports and Plans board! If you would like yours linked, just let me know!

acciobrain - How in the world am I going to keep this to myself?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-to-myself-ptr-may-2020-updated-2-26.3733140/

CoffeeKitten - First Trip May 2020: POFQ and Lots of Character Meals https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-trip-may-2020-pofq-and-lots-of-character-meals.3779271/

DMGeurts -Sew, off we go - on another mother-daughter adventure! May 2020? https://www.disboards.com/threads/sew-off-we-go-–-on-another-mother-daughter-adventure.3779388/#post-61270723

Here are some great planning threads from these very boards! These contain TONS of useful information:

From the Disney Rumors and News Board, rteetz has a great thread (among many) about all the construction projects currently happening right now at the World - completions, expected completion and lots of commentary from other posters

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...orldwide-read-post-1-updated-2-23-19.3475627/

These next two are from the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Board.
Robo's thread on everything you ever wanted to know about tickets. Lot's of great questions/answers.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

And mesaboy2's thread discussing everything fastpass +! Again, great information and you can ask questions! https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

******ALERTS******:

Dapper Days at WDW - May 1-3 (May 2 DHS, May 3 Epcot)
Animal Kingdom will be closing at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, 5/6

***************************************************************************************************************

And here it is, The May Adventurers Trip List! Just post in the thread your dates and where you are staying (if you'd like) and I will add you to the list.

So, it's early but I'll kick off the list with...our trip!

MAY ADVENTURERS! :beach:

k8Davies - 4/24 - 5/4 Yacht Club

jphilhower - 4/28-5/7 Shades of Green
Wishfuiiy - 4/29-5/4 Pop Century
spanishbilly - 4/29-5/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Penny McMouse - 4/30-5/7
NeeseyL - 5/1-5/9
SJMajor67 - 5/2-5/8 Beach Club Villas
Roscoe18 - 5/2-5/8 Polynesian Village DVC
kylenne - 5/2-5/11 Polynesian Village
kiddywhompus - 5/2-5/9 Polynesian Village DVC
SMRT-1 - 5/2-5/12 Swan
shairpdrh - 5/3-5/8 Copper Creek Villas
Sargeant Tibbs - 5/3-5/8
lobolabo - 5/3-5/9 Pop Century
J-Dog - 5/3-5/12
CoffeeKitten - 5/3-5/15 Port Orleans French Quarter
tharoberti - 5/4-5/9 Pop Century
tzeitel - 5/4-5/13 Dolphin
acciobrain - 5/5-5/11 Art of Animation
Bethipooh4 - 5/5-5/12
Farro - 5/6-5/15 Gran Destino Tower, Coronado Springs
Lb2018 - 5/7-5/10 Boardwalk Villas
bsmnt - 5/9-5/16 Villa Grand Floridian
Tessaf - 5/9-5/17 Grand Floridian
WyoLars - 5/9-5/17 Copper Creek Villas
micky916 - 5/9-5/17 Port Orleans French Quarter
Greg36 - 5/9-5/23 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sam33 - 5/10-5/16 Beach Club
Bowen Family - 5/10-5/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
LilMrsTee - 5/11-5/18 Pop Century
smallworldnh - 5/11-5/22 All Star Movies
BambiAndThumper - 5/11-5/22 Port Orleans French Quarter
HausofDisney - 5/13-5/17 Pop Century
hsmamainva - 5/15-5/24 Off-site
sixcats - 5/15-5/24 Boardwalk Villas
Mmouse1588 - 5/16-5/24 Port Orleans Riverside
sapphirerose915 - 5/17-5/22
Helvetica - 5/17-5/22 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
MrsTurnerLovesDisney - 5/17-5/24
BaxterSaysMeoww - 5/20-5/26 Pop Century
Karl66 - 5/23-5/31 Old Key West
meeshy79 - 5/25-6/9 POP/Animal Kingdom Lodge
Magic2000 - 5/26-6/5 All Star Movies
hbentleyIII - 5/30-6/6 Caribbean Beach Resort
ArielSRL - 5/30
Riviera
tinkerbelletreasure - 5/31-6/4 All Star Music
fely1st - 5/31-6/4 Beach Club
DMGeurts - TBD Shades of Green

I'll be hanging around, passing the time...:fish:
We are going 5/22-5/31. Staying at Wyndham Garden Disney Springs.

If anyone gets updated resi news about Space 220, we would love to go when we are there in May.

There's been some talk that it's going to open in February, based on listings for employment ads. No official word yet, and no idea how and when they would open the ADR's for it.

I want to go slightly off topic for a minute. Today marks the one year anniversary of our first trip to WDW with the kids. It was truly an incredible experience, and probably the best vacation of any kind I’ve ever been on (I guess this has something to do with why we’re going back in May!). My wife and I were big WDW fans from our limited trips over the years (as children, after high school, and a couple of trips together as adults pre-kids). I had been a little concerned that I wouldn’t get “that feeling” when we went back last year, after not having been for a number of years. I find that as I get older, things that I used to have a great emotional connection to don’t resonate with me anymore (see: the new Star Wars movies) so I didn’t know how I’d react.

But that turned out to be a non-factor, because the minute we were on property, I remembered why I loved it. I guess you CAN go home again in some cases. I was also a little unsure of how my kids would like it (they don’t always react the way I expect them to) but I shouldn’t have worried about that either because they LOVED it and have talked almost non-stop about going back again. Plus they were troopers and park warriors, as we drove them hard and they lived off of that energy. As I said, it was wonderful.

As soon as we got back, I started to think about the next trip, but two months after we returned, my son was hospitalized with appendicitis. He was in the hospital for a week with either my wife or I by his side the whole time. He recovered and is completely fine now (I won’t say “normal” because we all have our quirks!). Soon after that, I fell and broke fractured my elbow, so 2019 didn’t start off so great for us after a wonderful end to 2018.

In any case, my point was only that I had a moment talking to my wife in all of this that life is short and they’re only young for a little while so of course we should go back to WDW as soon as we were able. And I’ve reflected a lot on that as we try to make our kids appreciate the fact that we CAN go back. We certainly don’t go as often as many of the people on this board, but some people can’t go at all, let alone a second time in a year and a half, so I guess I’m counting my blessings that we are able to do so. As I look back at the pictures from last year’s trip (social media memories are the best for things like this), I just got to thinking about how lucky we are, even when we wish we had more.

Sorry this is so long – I just had to get it out somewhere and I figured this place would understand.

Did you find a menu for this anywhere? I tried but could only find menus for other locations, like Swan and Dolphin and some Disney Springs locations.

I revealed our surprise trip to DH at our anniversary dinner last night! :bitelip: I had to tell him sooner rather than later so that I could be sure he could get the time off of work. I can tell he was really impressed with my secret planning. :blush:
I have not seen the menu, but the ADR does say "Mother's Day Brunch". I just checked and there are still times available for that date. Had read that it is such a hard ADR to get and especially on Mother's day I thought for sure it would be an impossible ADR.

Hubs & I will be out to celebrate our silver wedding 👰🤵2️⃣5️⃣ at beginning of June. So happy it just overlaps with F&G Festival, as one of my fave times of year (although bit sad Epcot will be in full construction mode by then) 😃🌸🌺🌼

My quick weekend getaway is behind me so I can focus 100% on May! I have now reached the stage of obsessively watching resort tour videos again and watching dining vlogs to second guess our ADRs every five minutes.

Gotta say I’m a bit puzzled by all the folks skipping Epcot solely because of the construction though. I spent a lot of time there over Vets Day weekend because this was a F&W focused trip and I stayed at Beach Club. And the Epcot construction isn’t nearly as horrible as DHS was in terms of disruption—it’s a much bigger park after all. Construction in guest areas is entirely confined to Future World and it hasn’t shut any major attractions down, just made it slightly longer to navigate. Depending on when Spaceship Earth goes down for its update, that’s not going to significantly change next May, and we’ll already have some of the new additions (the new films, new QS in America and TS in Space). Not trying to tell people they’re wrong, just that construction really isn’t a reason to fear Epcot. I’m looking forward to greater convenience as a monorail guest too. It was so much smoother hopping from Epcot to visit MK now that the new entrance is within the security perimeter. No more having to do security twice! That’s the one thing I hated about going there from Poly last year.

At the very least, try to make time for Epcot Forever. That’s an incredible show, and I say that as an Illuminations diehard. I loved it so much I made sure to go back a second time on my last night to see it again. I’m an 80s kid and it got me right in the nostalgia. The Epcot Experience preview is also really cool, more than it looks online. It’s definitely worth checking out once.

@kylenne I'm actually very excited to go see the Epcot experience preview! Our next trip will be sometime in 2023, so I'm very excited to see what's in store! We still have Epcot spread over 3 days - a morning and then later afternoon/nights.

My quick weekend getaway is behind me so I can focus 100% on May! I have now reached the stage of obsessively watching resort tour videos again and watching dining vlogs to second guess our ADRs every five minutes.

Gotta say I’m a bit puzzled by all the folks skipping Epcot solely because of the construction though. I spent a lot of time there over Vets Day weekend because this was a F&W focused trip and I stayed at Beach Club. And the Epcot construction isn’t nearly as horrible as DHS was in terms of disruption—it’s a much bigger park after all. Construction in guest areas is entirely confined to Future World and it hasn’t shut any major attractions down, just made it slightly longer to navigate. Depending on when Spaceship Earth goes down for its update, that’s not going to significantly change next May, and we’ll already have some of the new additions (the new films, new QS in America and TS in Space). Not trying to tell people they’re wrong, just that construction really isn’t a reason to fear Epcot. I’m looking forward to greater convenience as a monorail guest too. It was so much smoother hopping from Epcot to visit MK now that the new entrance is within the security perimeter. No more having to do security twice! That’s the one thing I hated about going there from Poly last year.

At the very least, try to make time for Epcot Forever. That’s an incredible show, and I say that as an Illuminations diehard. I loved it so much I made sure to go back a second time on my last night to see it again. I’m an 80s kid and it got me right in the nostalgia. The Epcot Experience preview is also really cool, more than it looks online. It’s definitely worth checking out once.

I'm happy to hear all this. Even with the construction, I love Epcot too much to skip it. I will be sad when Spaceship Earth inevitably goes down for renovation, but there's enough other stuff there that I'm still interested in.

Also, I'm most notably happy to hear about Epcot Forever. When it premiered, I watched the YouTube video the next day (something I almost never do before I see a show in person) and I wasn't blown away. But I'm reserving judgment until I actually see it live and I'm glad you were happy with it.

Joining the fun!! We'll be going May 3-9, staying at Riviera with our DVC points. Our focus is Galaxy's Edge, probably 2 days at HS, since wife is a HUGE Star Wars fan. Reservations made for Ogas Cantina and 50's PTC, and our Magic Bands arrived today.
Can't wait!

I don't think I could go to WDW and skip any parks unless I was only there for a day or something. I'll be sad if Spaceship Earth is down when we go, but that's not going to stop me from hanging out in Epcot. I'm super excited to see Epcot Forever. I cried when I watched the live stream.

Just booked a 1st anniversary trip for me and my wife! She's never been. May 9-15, Pop Century Shades of Green. We're getting there late the 9th and starting Sunday the 10th at MK with CRT! I haven't been in about 5 years, and I'm super excited for all the new stuff. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!