*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

So we only made a small change with the opening of Rise of The Resistance and the fact Runaway Railway will be open (no idea if that's the right name!).

So plan on arrival day was to get there early afternoon (hopefully) and just maybe hit Disney Springs and eat dinner at Toledo during the evening.
We've now changed our reservation for Toledo from Wednesday to Friday. After we arrive and get settled our new plan is to just go on over to DHS and do whatever we can!
If there are still no fast passes for the newer rides, will jump in lines. Or maybe crowds will be better and we can get a boarding pass for RoTR if that's still happening.
At the very least we will be able to see everything at night!

Then for our scheduled DHS day will see what people's plans of attack have been before we arrive and see what's working. Obviously will try for fast passes if they have them for the rides.

I just booked my trip for mid May with my sister! We’re still going between late March and mid May but I’m thinking the crowds in mid May will be lighter than spring break crowds.
We usually travel in the fall, so this will be our first time seeing Flower and Garden Festival!
I have a couple of character breakfasts booked, as well as Beaches and Cream! I’m looking into Animal Kingdom After Hours event.
I’m excited to really start planning!

Are most people starting to book their flights or have them already booked? On our last few trips, we've flown Frontier and I was hoping to do that again here but at this point, they still aren't releasing fares past April 22nd. Between that and the things I've read the last week or two about their service recently (um, letting people board the WRONG plane, what?! :eek:) I think I might just give up on them and book another airline this week.

Are most people starting to book their flights or have them already booked? On our last few trips, we've flown Frontier and I was hoping to do that again here but at this point, they still aren't releasing fares past April 22nd. Between that and the things I've read the last week or two about their service recently (um, letting people board the WRONG plane, what?! :eek:) I think I might just give up on them and book another airline this week.

We have everything for our trip besides plane tickets and fastpasses. We are waiting to see if plane tickets go down in price after the beginning of the year, but we plan to buy our plane tickets in January most likely.

My hubby and I are going mid May and we already have our flights booked (Southwest) We are in the DC area and are spoiled for choice with 3 airports and multiple airlines to choose from. We always prefer the first flight of the day, in this case 6am so the price is usually lower.

We booked (Jet Blue) once the new fares came out a while back to cover through our dates. Prices seemed great and instead of obsessively monitoring them for months like I had planned, we just booked them and didn't worry about it anymore. We are in NY though, and have plenty of options for flights to MCO on a daily basis.

I booked our flights a couple of weeks ago on Southwest, our "go to"airline when heading to Orlando. We usually wait and watch prices but I panicked a bit and probably spent more than we should. Didn't feel like obsessing over them. Waiting on park tickets until after the Christmas bills are paid, LOL.

You guys, I'm shocked at how much dining is still available for my May dates. The only restaurant that wasn't available was 'Ohana and that was only not available for a couple days.

If nothing else, so far we all have plenty of places to eat available to us! :)

You guys, I'm shocked at how much dining is still available for my May dates. The only restaurant that wasn't available was 'Ohana and that was only not available for a couple days.

I’m really surprised! The last couple of trips I struggled to get the reservations I wanted at 180+10. I just booked some of my May dining with plenty of options!

I'm kind of surprised too. I've been debating back and forth on where to eat. My travel companions are not being helpful at all. They keep saying it's my birthday trip so I get to choose. Sometimes I just want some input. 🤪

Refurbishments are starting to pop up for next year and May has one biggie so far -

Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed from 5/4-5/21.
Oh carp! That is my daughter's favorite and we get there on the 4th.

Refurbishments are starting to pop up for next year and May has one biggie so far -

Thanks for letting us know. I always like to know in advance which attractions will be down. I will be there during this time but luckily this doesn’t affect my plans because I didn’t plan on riding this. I have chronic neck and shoulder issues so this is not one that I ride. I will be interested to see if any other attractions are down during May, I’m waiting to hear about the other parks as well. Thanks again!

Thanks for letting us know. I always like to know in advance which attractions will be down. I will be there during this time but luckily this doesn’t affect my plans because I didn’t plan on riding this. I have chronic neck and shoulder issues so this is not one that I ride. I will be interested to see if any other attractions are down during May, I’m waiting to hear about the other parks as well. Thanks again!

Sure! As soon as I find out about a refurb I add it to the section on the front page titled Refurbishment. So far only 2 - Thunder Mountain and Swiss Family Treehouse (only closed first 3 day of May).

I expect to add Spaceship Earth, but still unconfirmed. And then maybe something from AK and DHS, but I hope not!

Thanks. I saw this yesterday but didn’t have a chance to post. This is unfortunate timing, as it’s my son’s favorite ride and we were hoping to ride it a bunch during DAH on 5/5. However, we arrive on 5/2 and are going to MK that afternoon, so we can squeeze in a ride or two before it goes down

Thanks. I saw this yesterday but didn’t have a chance to post. This is unfortunate timing, as it’s my son’s favorite ride and we were hoping to ride it a bunch during DAH on 5/5. However, we arrive on 5/2 and are going to MK that afternoon, so we can squeeze in a ride or two before it goes down

We arrive 5/6!!! Splash was closed on us last time, so if that's open, I'm okay with this. But you never know, maybe they will push the start date back. :)

I was really bummed to read about BTMR today! We arrive on the 5th, go figure. Also @Farro Can you please change my dates to 5-10? We finally booked airfare and with a better flight on arrival day than we expected, we decided to make that a park day. I'm guessing MK won't have too many other rides down. I'm fairly certain the railroad will be closed. Also, I think it's probably pretty safe to assume Spaceship Earth will be closed by that point unfortunately.

Who else is holding their breath for possible discounts to release next week?

Big Thunder has me really bummed out because it’s my favorite MK coaster and I planned on riding it a bunch during VAH (gf can’t do coasters for health reasons). But we did plan on 5/3 as an MK day so at least I’ll get to do it then. This has me torn about our arrival day on 5/2 though...our flight gets in super early and we booked a pool patio to hang out at until our room is ready at the Poly, intending on a super chill day capped with Spirit of Aloha. This is making me debate cutting it short for Big Thunder time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter