*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

We are going May 12-20 for a late graduation trip for my son. He graduated last year and I couldn't quite swing it. He graciously agreed to postpone it. I'm a little sad he won't get 2019 grad ears, but he is excited to see SWGE and visit Savi's. Currently, we are booked at All Star Movies, unless our travelling companions (my daughter and a friend) change it again. Originally, they had us booked at All Star Music.

Just FYI if this hasn't been posted here yet - according to TP, May 6th, which was one of the days that AK was oddly closing at 6:00pm with no ROL, has now been extended until closing at 8:30pm. Still no mention of ROL yet that night, though.

Funny, because I modified my plans due to the 6:00 closing (I was originally planning on AK on 5/6) and now it turns out I didn't have to. But of course, I have ADR's that I can't move around now. I'm not upset, but this is a downside to booking 180 days for these things.

Funny, because I modified my plans due to the 6:00 closing (I was originally planning on AK on 5/6) and now it turns out I didn't have to. But of course, I have ADR's that I can't move around now. I'm not upset, but this is a downside to booking 180 days for these things.

I’m banking on you not being the only one who did and hoping for a light day that day. That’s our last park day and we fly out pretty early Thursday so DH and I agreed it’d be best to go to the park that was closing early. That way we’d be forced to go back to the hotel and pack. Now we might be packing later at night or early in the morning. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

I’m joining in! Just a quick stop for a few days before heading to the Keys. We will be at CBR May 23-26 and planning to celebrate DS hitting double digits! (Actual bday is May 3) only doing 2 park days as we will have another trip in September. First time being there in May

Yeah, I did the same thing. I'm almost thinking about switching my ADR's around, because like Penny McMouse said, I'm betting it will be relatively light at AK that day.

We are going May 12-20 for a late graduation trip for my son. He graduated last year and I couldn't quite swing it. He graciously agreed to postpone it. I'm a little sad he won't get 2019 grad ears, but he is excited to see SWGE and visit Savi's. Currently, we are booked at All Star Movies, unless our travelling companions (my daughter and a friend) change it again. Originally, they had us booked at All Star Music.
I think I have an extra set of class of 2019 ears, if so you can have them.

Be sure to pick up a celebration button at check in. A few years ago we took my little cousin when she graduated middle school and got her a button. Cast were so sweet to her and she even got hi fives from other guests.

Be sure to pick up a celebration button at check in. A few years ago we took my little cousin when she graduated middle school and got her a button. Cast were so sweet to her and she even got hi fives from other guests.
I'm sure his sister will make sure gets a button and wears it. When we celebrated his 16th birthday at Universal Hollywood she made sure to get him a button. We had got him one at DL too, but she wasn't there for that part of the trip to force the wearing of it.

Is anyone planning on going to the DAH events at MK? We're trying to decide between the regular and the villains.
I’ll be at the DAH on May 5th. I’ve done both, and imo DAH is better because the park is less crowded and you’re able to ride more. We did the villains this past summer and it was very crowded and rides did have a wait time. We waited about an hour just to get on the monorail back to the poly. But if you’re interested in all the food, parade, show and dressing up then I would go with that because it is fun. Just know it is busy!

Last edited:
Is anyone planning on going to the DAH events at MK? We're trying to decide between the regular and the villains.
I’ll be at the DAH on May 5th. I’ve done both, and imo DAH is better because the park is less crowded and you’re able to ride more. We did the villains this past summer and it was very crowded and rides did have a wait time. We waited about an hour just to get on the monorail back to the poly. But if you’re interested in all the food, parade, show and dressing up then I would go with that because it is fun. Just know it is busy!

I agree with this review as well after having done both. We loved regular AH and then went to Villains and couldn’t believe the crowds. We were there for the rides (and treats lol) so thought the later crowds were not for us . Now maybe this year with offering them both it will change but it’s hard to say.
On that note - still debating if we’re going to go May 25 to the regular one or not

We’re going to Villains on 5/8. I actually went to the last Villains event last summer which was my first AH and tbh I wish they had called it something else so that people wouldn’t have flipped out so badly about “crowds”. It was still a lot less than an average MK day. I had a blast, dressed up and everything, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I’m just glad my gf can go this time. We’re huge villain fans. And the truth is with such a long trip I’m not especially concerned with squeezing out every last ride we can. It’s not like we’ll have any lack of MK time. The cost is also negligible with 2 people and the AP discount so it was a no brainer for us.

We will also be doing AK AH the next night pretty much solely to ride FoP as much as we can.

Also, quite frankly I think it’s a mistake to go into this year expecting the same attendance. Last year saw very limited dates, it was a brand new event, and it was villain programming which is rare and in heavy demand at the parks. And even then, people reported some nights that were pretty much the same as regular DAH crowd numbers. It also wasn’t running for months and months concurrently with regular DAH event at a lower price point.

There is nothing wrong with holding off on your decision until we get actual relevant data. It’s not like these things will sell out in May.

We're going to our first VAH this year! We've done two regular DAH at MK and we loved it, but we're looking forward to something a little different.

We’re going to Villains on 5/8
So are we! It's our first VAH and I'm so excited to see the special offerings.

Posted elsewhere but also wanted to check with the may family 😀.

I've been making reservations, changing them and cancelling over the last week or so as we iron out our plans. I'm not receiving cancellation emails except on two occasions but they do show removed from disney experience. Should I be concerned that I don't have a cancellation email? I don't in an event of an error to be charged for a reservation I've cancelled and not have proof. Thanks for the help

I've been making reservations, changing them and cancelling over the last week or so as we iron out our plans. I'm not receiving cancellation emails except on two occasions but they do show removed from disney experience. Should I be concerned that I don't have a cancellation email? I don't in an event of an error to be charged for a reservation I've cancelled and not have proof. Thanks for the help

I haven't had to cancel anything for a bit (we moved some ADR's around a couple of months ago but nothing since then) but I was guess that if they're not in MDX, you shouldn't worry about them. I always considered the emails as backup to what it said in the app. Someone else can tell me if I'm wrong, but I think you're fine.

We’re planning on going to DAH on May 5th, because that’s my birthday. We haven’t done after hours before, so I think I’d rather do a regular one first as well.

Disney IT strikes again lol. As long as they aren’t showing in MDE you should be fine.

I was actually planning the opposite. Figuring that no one would want to go to AK that day I had planned on been there - we have 2 AK days so a short one would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!