*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Park hours for the 17th-23rd have been removed. 😭. there goes my week, lol. I say that knowing full well that the lives lost to the pandemic is far greater of a catastrophe than a Disney vacation cancelation.

We've talked about late august/early september, but no plans to rebook just yet, but with our daughters birthday and our anniversary, it'd be a perfect time to go.

Yeah... They just removed all of my fast passes, but my DVC reservation remains. I was expecting it and yeah, the world has bigger problems, but it still sucks.

It looks like I have to wait until September for my first DVC stay. I don’t think I’ll be able to get a trip in between now and then. :(

Yeah... They just removed all of my fast passes, but my DVC reservation remains. I was expecting it and yeah, the world has bigger problems, but it still sucks.

It looks like I have to wait until September for my first DVC stay. I don’t think I’ll be able to get a trip in between now and then. :(
Yeah, just saw mine were gone too. Noticed Reservations were gone around noon, then at 2pm, got spammed with all the cancellation emails. Now this!!! so sad.

Yeah, no surprise our Memorial weekend trip is off but sad nonetheless. Now to focus on our June trip and figure out our July FP's that I make on Monday :goodvibes
Be well everyone!

Because I like to torture myself I randomly go into the app even though I canceled our MDW trip last week. I noticed the hours area is completely gone, not sure if it is my phone glitching (been acting up all morning) or Dinsey took it off for now.

Because I like to torture myself I randomly go into the app even though I canceled our MDW trip last week. I noticed the hours area is completely gone, not sure if it is my phone glitching (been acting up all morning) or Dinsey took it off for now.
Yeah, they've been updating the app home screen. Not sure where to find it in the app anymore, so I end up going to the wdw site and finding today's hours under parks and tickets, then able to change the date to what I'm looking for there.

This change is super convenient, lol

Yeah, they've been updating the app home screen. Not sure where to find it in the app anymore, so I end up going to the wdw site and finding today's hours under parks and tickets, then able to change the date to what I'm looking for there.

I should have known - one trip I was trying to get a dining res quick not reazling they made the app "better" couldn't find anything. Now I log in to the app the day before and of travel to make sure I am capable of using it LOL

I noticed last week that park hours had disappeared from the home screen. You can still view park hours in the app by going to the search tab and searching for "park hours."

I noticed last week that park hours had disappeared from the home screen. You can still view park hours in the app by going to the search tab and searching for "park hours."
I figured it had to be somewhere, I guess I just don't use the search in the app very much. Lol. Thanks for the tip.

Just found that if you have an Annual Pass Blockout button on the app homepage, you can click that, then change over to the Park Hours tab as well.

I haven't been around this board too much lately because it's just too depressing. I was supposed to be there today as well, so I feel for all of you. This looks like the most active "happy dance" thread on these boards, which is a testament to the excitement and passion of all of you (us) who were going in May. Thanks for being on this journey with me, even if it had a sad ending (this time). Especially @kylenne who, whether she knows it or not, became kind of a Disney guru to me on the basis of this thread alone.

At this point I'm looking at next April for a trip - I just don't like the way things are trending for 2020 right now. Maybe I'll see some of you over there, once my trip is confirmed. Stay safe and be well, friends. "Tomorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past."

We would have been leaving next week. Still mourning all my perfect ADR’s and almost perfect FPs. Not to mention $100 roundtrip tickets at perfect departure and arrival times...

I feel your pain, May fam. We were supposed to be hanging out at our patio by the Oasis pool at the Poly right now. I thought I had erased everything to do with this trip from my travel apps but I had App in the Air yelling at me this morning to get to JFK at 5am for our early flight...sigh. It is what it is. We ended up rebooking for next May, and we're doing 2 weeks instead of 10 days, with a CL GF/Poly split because dang it we deserve it after all this. We just can't risk going any sooner though with my gf's health issues. Watching the countdown balloon to over 365 days was depressing, but just having another trip in MDE made me feel a lot better.

If anyone is waiting that far out to rebook, you're welcome to join us in the May 2021 thread. We already have 5 people so far with a couple still nailing down dates and resorts. Some old faces from here too!

I feel your pain, May fam. We were supposed to be hanging out at our patio by the Oasis pool at the Poly right now. I thought I had erased everything to do with this trip from my travel apps but I had App in the Air yelling at me this morning to get to JFK at 5am for our early flight...sigh. It is what it is. We ended up rebooking for next May, and we're doing 2 weeks instead of 10 days, with a CL GF/Poly split because dang it we deserve it after all this. We just can't risk going any sooner though with my gf's health issues. Watching the countdown balloon to over 365 days was depressing, but just having another trip in MDE made me feel a lot better.

If anyone is waiting that far out to rebook, you're welcome to join us in the May 2021 thread. We already have 5 people so far with a couple still nailing down dates and resorts. Some old faces from here too!

We're looking at April instead of May next year - maybe we'll even avoid the love bugs! The place we rented DVC points from (I don't know if I'm allowed to say on here) is giving us a travel credit so I'm hoping to use it for the Poly again for real this time, but we'll see. So many unknowns with what's going on with the parks, what availability will be like next year, etc. But I'm hoping for the best. Plus the week we picked would encompass my birthday which would be amazing. We need to wait at least a few more weeks to see if there's anything to rent for that time.

I originally considered November but I really have no idea what the park situation will be like then, not to mention if there would have been any availability and we're sort of tied to the rental company for now. If things are looking good, I'm considering a quick Universal trip at that point (my DD6 loves Harry Potter) so I'm hoping things will be getting back to normal by fall (I mean, I need the kids to go back to school, plus I want football back!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!