*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I’ve booked a lot of Disney Trips but never on package release day! But I have such a high level of anticipation for this trip and with little wiggle room for dates I want to book as soon as they let me.
That being said, does anyone know what time on the 18th I’ll be able to book on-line? Or am I going to have to wake up early and keep checking 😂

I’ve booked a lot of Disney Trips but never on package release day! But I have such a high level of anticipation for this trip and with little wiggle room for dates I want to book as soon as they let me.
That being said, does anyone know what time on the 18th I’ll be able to book on-line? Or am I going to have to wake up early and keep checking 😂

Hi!

I don't know what time, but I don't think there is an urgency to be up early like with fast pass. Most people - not us ;) - won't even know the packages are available that date.

Hi!

I don't know what time, but I don't think there is an urgency to be up early like with fast pass. Most people - not us ;) - won't even know the packages are available that date.
Good point! I’m just too excited 😂

The phone lines open at 7am EST so that's the earliest you'd be able to call. Online, it probably opens up at midnight, but don't quote me on that!

Okay!!! 6/18 is upon us!

I'm fully prepared for the influx of new May Adventures that are sure to come our way!

I wish everyone good deals and the hotel of your dreams!!!!!!!!!
:jumping1:

Our TA has the room on hold for us officially. I'll make my payment probably later tonight. She has to call in to Disney to confirm my true package price because we have a unique situation with our tickets. But I won't lie, my eyes bugged out a bit when I saw the pricing on the website this morning. Yeesh!

Our TA has the room on hold for us officially. I'll make my payment probably later tonight. She has to call in to Disney to confirm my true package price because we have a unique situation with our tickets. But I won't lie, my eyes bugged out a bit when I saw the pricing on the website this morning. Yeesh!

I can't believe how lucky I am that I decided to book room only back in February. Same trip is just about $400 more today! Insanity.

So because Disney has enough of my money ;), I went ahead and ordered a magic band skin through Etsy - theskindudes.

About $8. Cute, right???

il_fullxfull.1739809577_m20f.jpg

I was so shocked!!! There was a 2,000-2,5000 difference between what the prices for May 2019 and May 2020 for days we are going. I had written May 2019 prices down as a start for a rough budget. I knew the price would go up, but I wasn’t expecting that much!!

I was so shocked!!! There was a 2,000-2,5000 difference between what the prices for May 2019 and May 2020 for days we are going. I had written May 2019 prices down as a start for a rough budget. I knew the price would go up, but I wasn’t expecting that much!!

what??? oh my god!!! That's ridiculous!!! How much money a night did the rate go up, a few hundred?

what??? oh my god!!! That's ridiculous!!! How much money a night did the rate go up, a few hundred?

I was wrong, some only went up about 1,500... which was still a good amount.
I wrote down the prices for the packages (me, DH, DD, DD) and I did a few different room types at the GF.
Outdoor building TPV went from 8720 to 10,461
Club outdoor building was 8900 and now is 10,498
Main standard view went from 10,900 to 12,734
Main building TPV went from 12,240 to 14,885
I had a spot for lagoon view, but apparently forgot to write the number down.

I can't believe how lucky I am that I decided to book room only back in February. Same trip is just about $400 more today! Insanity.
Won't your pricing adjust to today's increases now? I thought there was no financial benefit to booking early since the rate adjusts after packages post. Or maybe you know secrets I don't. :scratchin

We’re officially booked for 5/2 - 5/11. Split stay at the GF wasn’t in the cards because there was no availability for the dates we wanted except on the back end and that was a no go for us. On one hand I’m bummed out but otoh it just means more time at the Poly!

Won't your pricing adjust to today's increases now? I thought there was no financial benefit to booking early since the rate adjusts after packages post. Or maybe you know secrets I don't. :scratchin

Nope! Since we aren't trying to change it to a package, my rate stays the same. I even called today to make sure nothing changed. We have one AP (purchased in Feb, thank god) and are buying one hopper, probably through undercover tourist.

Now if we were trying to add tickets/dining and make it a package, or change dates, then the price would adjust itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter