*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

We’re officially booked for 5/2 - 5/11. Split stay at the GF wasn’t in the cards because there was no availability for the dates we wanted except on the back end and that was a no go for us. On one hand I’m bummed out but otoh it just means more time at the Poly!

You're on the list, celebrate! :p

I think their availability is wonky. No way are all the garden/standard view rooms sold out for both Yacht and Beach in early May. No way.

We’re officially booked for 5/2 - 5/11. Split stay at the GF wasn’t in the cards because there was no availability for the dates we wanted except on the back end and that was a no go for us. On one hand I’m bummed out but otoh it just means more time at the Poly!

We’ll be arriving the same day at the Poly. Maybe we’ll see you at check in ...

Nope! Since we aren't trying to change it to a package, my rate stays the same. I even called today to make sure nothing changed. We have one AP (purchased in Feb, thank god) and are buying one hopper, probably through undercover tourist.

Now if we were trying to add tickets/dining and make it a package, or change dates, then the price would adjust itself.

Speaking of, when will Undercover Tourist have 2020 tickets available? I thought it might be today since the packages came out today but I see it still stops at the end of this year

I don't know, I don't know, what would you do? I've never stayed at a moderate....

For $200 more than a room only at Yacht Club (no tickets, no dining) I can book club level in the new tower at Coronado Springs with 9 day hoppers and the dining plan.

If we stay in the tower, do you still get to use the dig-site pool? What is club level? Would you hesitate to switch from Yacht Club or say heck yeah, switch!!!

I don't know, I don't know, what would you do? I've never stayed at a moderate....

For $200 more than a room only at Yacht Club (no tickets, no dining) I can book club level in the new tower at Coronado Springs with 9 day hoppers and the dining plan.

If we stay in the tower, do you still get to use the dig-site pool? What is club level? Would you hesitate to switch from Yacht Club or say heck yeah, switch!!!

I’ve never done YC, but we’ve done club level (at gf). There is turn down service, food throughout the day, concierge people in the building/floor to help you with reservations or questions and a separate phone number you can call for any Disney needs/questions/reservations. Also, at this moment, there is the club level FP trial program that allows you to purchase 3 extra FP for $50/person without following the tiers at 90 days from checkout (3 day minimum). Now that is a trial, it’s been around a year, will it be here next year?? Who knows.

We actually booked Club Level for our May trip. While I can understand why it may be hard to justify the cost of CL, especially since we don’t do the food in the lounge. We like the DSS phone number to call, the turn down and loved the CL FP at 90 days. I also loved the fact that when we had purchased merchandise in the park and have it sent to the hotel, in club level, they bring the merchandise to your room. You don’t have to pick it up in a store or lobby of the hotel.

I’ve never done YC, but we’ve done club level (at gf). There is turn down service, food throughout the day, concierge people in the building/floor to help you with reservations or questions and a separate phone number you can call for any Disney needs/questions/reservations. Also, at this moment, there is the club level FP trial program that allows you to purchase 3 extra FP for $50/person without following the tiers at 90 days from checkout (3 day minimum). Now that is a trial, it’s been around a year, will it be here next year?? Who knows.

We actually booked Club Level for our May trip. While I can understand why it may be hard to justify the cost of CL, especially since we don’t do the food in the lounge. We like the DSS phone number to call, the turn down and loved the CL FP at 90 days. I also loved the fact that when we had purchased merchandise in the park and have it sent to the hotel, in club level, they bring the merchandise to your room. You don’t have to pick it up in a store or lobby of the hotel.

I sound like an idiot, but I'm having trouble going from deluxe to moderate. The only reason I'm considering it is because it's going to be brand spanking new.

And quite frankly, less of a money strain on us.

Last edited:

I sound like an idiot, but I'm having trouble going from deluxe to moderate. The only reason I'm considering it is because it's going to be brand spanking new and have gondola access.

I get it! I’ve only done deluxe. That’s a tough decision and I don’t envy you having to make it. Good luck!!!

Ugh, no gondola access. But bus is supposed to be great and quite frankly with the money we'd save we can just Uber...

I've got time, I'll think on it.

Of all of the moderates, Coronado Springs seems more like a deluxe to me. I have no idea how the tower will change the feel, but the lighting and fountains and courtyards are so pretty at night. The only deluxe perk I missed was no balcony. Maybe the tower will have balconies.

We will be celebrating our “baby’s” 21st birthday at Boardwalk Villas with a group of 7 in May. We are possibly switching the 1st three days to a Copper Creek cabin or Poly bungalow to take advantage of the club level 90 day fast passes.

I'm not as experienced of a Disney goer as most of you and I've yet to stay in a deluxe (soon to change on this next trip), so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But we stayed at Coronado in November and I thought it was lovely. And that was even with the tower construction! We stayed in a preferred room and the bus stop nearest to there was easy to get to, and had the benefit of being the first stop at pick up and drop off so we never had any crowding problems.

Your mileage may vary and it seems like you have the funds to have a great vacation whichever you choose, but Coronado was great for us.

I'm not as experienced of a Disney goer as most of you and I've yet to stay in a deluxe (soon to change on this next trip), so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But we stayed at Coronado in November and I thought it was lovely. And that was even with the tower construction! We stayed in a preferred room and the bus stop nearest to there was easy to get to, and had the benefit of being the first stop at pick up and drop off so we never had any crowding problems.

Your mileage may vary and it seems like you have the funds to have a great vacation whichever you choose, but Coronado was great for us.

I wish we had the funds to stay anywhere! ;) After a lot of talking last night we decided to stay at Yacht next time, probably 2023. We will have a lot of time to save and not feel so stretched. Staying there we still would have to pay for our food (we love to eat at table service), etc. Staying at CS Tower allows us to be able to splurge on paid after hours, etc., get the dining plan and we are still spending almost $3000 less.

So in the end:

We booked 9 nights next May in a Tower water view with hoppers and dining plan. Decided against club level since doing dining plan. Even with dining plan we are saving so much money over staying at Yacht Club that it would have been financially irresponsible to pass this up.

This is entirely new for us!!! I have so much research to do. Micky (my guy) is freaking out, he's really excited to stay in a brand new building! We know it's only buses for transportation, but we are okay with that. We can always uber if needed.

Well, looks like I’ll be just able to stay in here. Yesterday I booked a trip over Memorial Day weekend. Then I found out my daughter won’t be going to vo tech next year which puts her getting out of school up to a week later, so I changed it this morning to May 31-June 4 staying at All Star Music

Hi All! Just found this thread today and so excited that the 2020 packages and pricing is out. It'll be myself, my husband and our son, who will be 9 by the time we travel. Planning on going from 5/11/20-5/15/20 at Pop Century. I can't wait to see the new rooms there and keeping my fingers crossed the pool refurb may be done by then. We've been going since my little guy was 2, so we're all huge Disney fans :) This will be a surprise trip for his birthday and our anniversary. Can't wait to plan with everyone!!

I sound like an idiot, but I'm having trouble going from deluxe to moderate. The only reason I'm considering it is because it's going to be brand spanking new and have gondola access.

I get it! Every time we decide to go we’re like “let’s do moderate this time and save some money” and that plan lasts about a week until we find a “deal we can’t pass up” and switch to deluxe 😂
The gondola seems fun but I think walking to two parks trumps the gondola. But at the same time all the other stuff you mentioned for not that much more is hard to turn down.

In conclusion, I’ve been no help at all 😂

Edit: I see now by actually reading the whole thread that your decision has been made! Me and my husband honeymooned at Coronado but that was 8 years ago and SO much has changed. We really liked it, though!

Excited to hear your experience at the tower at Coronado Springs. Saving money and getting to try a brand new place, I think you made a good choice!

I get it! Every time we decide to go we’re like “let’s do moderate this time and save some money” and that plan lasts about a week until we find a “deal we can’t pass up” and switch to deluxe 😂
The gondola seems fun but I think walking to two parks trumps the gondola. But at the same time all the other stuff you mentioned for not that much more is hard to turn down.

In conclusion, I’ve been no help at all 😂

Edit: I see now by actually reading the whole thread that your decision has been made! Me and my husband honeymooned at Coronado but that was 8 years ago and SO much has changed. We really liked it, though!

Haha! I ramble so much it's hard to keep up with me. It's not gondola, only bus but I'm totally fine with that. :)

We have been really curious about the new Coronado. Can't wait to hear about your trip there! Transportation is a big factor when deciding where to stay, so the gondolas really intrigue me! Do they go to the TTC?

We have been really curious about the new Coronado. Can't wait to hear about your trip there! Transportation is a big factor when deciding where to stay, so the gondolas really intrigue me! Do they go to the TTC?

It doesn't have gondolas, sorry! I mis-typed.

Just bus, but only 10 minute rides, so I'm cool with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter