• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay Me!

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
I posted on the community board too but I thought people here could read the news as well.

Today I finished up my undergraduate education and I am a college graduate (took my last final this afternoon) :banana:

Despite my issues (bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety, OCD...), I finished in four years. I have a great GPA. I have tons of friends. I am happy with my life. I have done what my first psychiatrist told me I would never do- live on my own, graduate college, and have meaningful relationships (I was 15 and he is no longer my doctor!).

I thought I had problems with change and transitions (like missing a singular day of class :rotfl: ) until I realized that I have to leave the life I have had for the past four years and "move on" :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

I can and will do it- I've gotten this far! :cool1:

So #1 dont believe everything a doctor says about the future and #2 Children (or teens) with disabilities can grow to lead wonderful, fulfilling "normal" lives. My life is far from easy but the thing that makes my life easier is I know myself, I know my needs and I know my limitations.

Well, good for you.
CONGRATULATIONS
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce: pixiedust: :jumping3: :jumping2:

Thanks for sharing your good news with us.

Congrats - what a huge accomplishment. I wish you continued success - you sound like a VERY determined person!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congrats! :cheer2: What a accomplishment. And you did it in less time than me! (4.5year!) and I'm only ADD :rotfl:

You are wise beond your years. :goodvibes

:grouphug:

Congratulations! My first love had bipolar disorder and dyslexia and was told he would never finish high school. He graduated high school, college and got a Master's degree! Bah to the naysayers! You can do whatever you put your mind to! :cool1: :woohoo: :moped:

Adding my congratulations. :thumbsup2

Forevryoung, I have to agree with your strategy. As long as I accept and work within my limitations, I can accomplish far more than my "prognosis" said I could. :teeth:

Congratulations!!!!!!! :figment: :figment: :figment:
That is so wonderful, I am actually six month away from graduating with my undergraduate degree so I know and share with you the joy of being person with a disability who rose up to take on the challenges of doing what so many people said I could not do. It is so cool.
Enjoy the feeling of this wonderful moment you so deserve it!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter