• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YC, BC or BWI - Which is best for couples?

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
Ok, I'm trying to talk family into going over our March 2004 break from school. My oldest DS said we've been taking too many trips. We're trying to show the kids as much of the eastern seaboard as possible. We also travel for basketball tournaments and I think he's just worn out. DS (9) doesn't care one way or another.

DH is worried about spending the money, but I think I can convince him to go. He has mentioned just the two of us going back and just enjoying the park atmosphere. He doesn't like to get on rides so we'd probably just walk around MK and eat our way around World Showcase. If the kids really don't want to go I'd like to convince DH to just have the two of us go down for four 3 or four days.

We ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC and loved it. We love the BC pool and all the restaurants at BWI. Since we'll probably be spending alot of time in Epcot which resort would you recommend? BWI, YC or BC?

We might inquire about upgrading to concierge upon checkin. Have anybody been successful at any of these resorts?

I've never stayed at any of those resorts. Isn't that sad? If you stay at BWI you are right on the boardwalk which could be good convenience wise but bad noise wise.

I would probably choose BWI for myself. YC/BC are so gorgeous, though. What a tough decision!

We've stayed at both the Beach Club and the Boardwalk. Both are really nice hotels, but we liked the Beach Club better. We just really enjoyed the atmosphere there, plus love the pool!

BC/YC and Boardwalk are walking distance from each other and Epcot. For any of these, you can't beat the location.

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are sister hotels, and share the pool area (Stormalong Bay). The rooms are pretty much the same between the hotels as well, the difference is the atmosphere. Beach Club is has a more casual atmosohere, Yacht Club is a little more formal.

I'd recommend Beach Club or Yacht Club. You can enjoy the pool area there, but can still easily walk over to the Boardwalk and check out the restaurants/clubs over there. We prefer the Beach Club- we just like the atmosphere there better, and it does have a slightly shorter walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk area (although we're only talking about a couple of minutes difference).

All three are really nice though, so I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you pick.

I happen to love the BC/BCV - they are so close to Epcot - it is faster and easier to walk than to take the boat.

I have also stayed at BWV and YC - the YC was quite a long walk from the front desk to the room - if it is raining and you don't want to be outside more than necessary - this can be a problem.

the BWV is okay - the atmosphere is very nice - but unless you are guaranteed a BW view then I would stay at the BC.

you can rent points from a DVC member and stay at either BCV or BWV if you want to save some money. just don't stay over the weekend.

I've stayed at all three. The BWI is definitely the most romantic and an excellent choice for a couple.

The BC is the most family friendly.

The YC was OK, but my least favorite of the three.

If you have specific questions about any of them, feel free to ask!

Anne

My BF and I stayed at the YC (we are in our early 30s) last spring. We loved it. It was a little quieter than the BC. There were a few business conventions going on at the Yacht Club, and less kids running around in bathing suits in the lobby.

We had a room that overlooked the wedding chapel area, and it was a great location -- close to the lobby and gift shop.

Plus, we still felt like we were going out when we headed over to the Boardwalk (we loved Jellyrolls!).

If you plan to spend a lot of time at Epcot, you have a choice of the Yacht or Beach Clubs, Beach Club Villas, or the Boardwalk. Also, the Swan and Dolplhin although they are not Disney hotels.

Couldn't go wrong with any of the above. Have a wonderful time.

I would stay at the BC, because I happen to like the atmosphere and the beachy decorating theme!!! I also like the fact that it is technically the closest resort to Epcot. It is between the BW and the YC, so you'd be close to the restaurants etc that you like in both of those hotels. Youcan't beat the pool.

I would go with BWI for an adult couple - seems the most adult oriented of all the potential choices you have mentioned and it is a short stroll to Epcot as well

Having said that any of the ones you mentioned are great places

Thanks
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter