• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YC or Poly for 1 night then POR - how does transfer work?

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
I am unofficial plannner in charge of extended family group's trip. Originally, I booked my flight one day ahead of everyone with idea that I would get cheap priceliine room near airport then next AM get a mini-van from Dolllar, go to POR and get rooms checked in, then back to airport in afternoon and evening to pick up and transport others as they arrive.
Now, I just ordered AP - and am having selfish thoughts. I arrive 4:30 and get shuttle to YC or Poly for the one night. Then I could see Fantasmic or Illuminations yet that night. Next AM transfer to POR and spend time in a park til others arrive. Each group contains at least one competent adult and should be able to handle the ground transportation on their own. I will of course make the shuttle/town car/rental car arrangements for them.
Is this doable? And how does transferring between resorts without a car work? Will I be spending most of my time on buses hauling my luggage?

Hi Tiggerish-
Don't worry Disney will transfer all of your luggage for you. Call bell services in the morning and they will transfer your luggage to your next Disney hotel where they will hold it in storage. This usually doesn't happen until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. So don't worry about trying to lug your bags-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter