• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yea! good news

zaksmom

Mouseketeer
Just got some information from the reservation CM at Disney... My son said to make people scroll for it! He wants to make it a surprise. So...

The CM said that by this time next year every pool on Disney property will be a zero level entry pool. They have already started changing some. Hope she is right. He almost rocketed off the bed when he heard!

WOW that would be alot of work to convert I wonder if they ment all new pools or ones being redone in a major way.

I think if they do it to existing pools it will make them a lot smaller as they wwould have to slope them instead of changing the footprint.

Well, all I've got to say is we all know how knowledgeable all the CMs are. The vast majority of people on these boards know more than most of the CMs.

. . . The CM said that by this time next year every pool on Disney property will be a zero level entry pool . . .

1) I don't see it happening.
2) If it was true, it would have been announced - or at least leaked out.
3) But, there is no such info floating around the resorts.
4) In most resorts, there just isn't the pool room to put in the zero-entry.
5) That uses at least 20' of water space.

It's a big construction job to modify a pool, and the pad and landscaping around it. I can't see them closing a pool at all the resorts that don't have one within a one year timeframe... that would cause chaos with multiple pools closed.

Like at GF and SSR, I would expect one pool to be converted, and that it would be a long range plan as pool renovation gets planned for each resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter