Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

He said he actually enjoyed the ride, but didn't want to ride again with me when I used the rider swap.
At least he didn't freak out and enjoyed it. I guess he really was more into the Wilderness Explorer thing than the rides!

We spent that time relaxing in the Rivers of Light theater (still hadn’t opened at that point), but I thought the area was beautiful.
The theater is really nice. I'm glad that they went through the effort to build that infrastructure rather than just putting a show out there on the river and making everyone stand around somewhere on the walkways for an hour waiting for the show to start.

I also got one last picture of the floating mountains during the construction phase (can't wait to go back and see the completed project).
They did a great job with those things. Hard to miss them once your'e near AK/AKL.

I'm a little behind but just caught up on your AK day.
I love Boma breakfast we had it for the first time in May, I was so excited, it definitely is one of my favorite buffets on property.
Your AK day looked like so much fun, both relaxing and busy at the same time! Your ears are adorable! I can' believe that Dug doesn't meet anymore. What happened?
Love FoTLK and so did my family! You got some great PP shots too. Such fun memories with the WE too. We would have done that with the kids if it wasn't so hot. They would rather sit inside with a cold drink than walk around AK getting stickers, LOL.

Day 7: Part 4
Grim Grinning Ghosts Telling us it's Time to Go

We were driving to our dinner ADR this night. When I was getting DS2 in his car seat, my Minnie ears got knocked off. Unfortunately, I was busy buckling him and by the time I was done I forgot about them and we drove off with them still in the parking lot:sad:. I didn’t even remember until much later that evening. That’s two Minnie ears lost this trip:sad2:. DS4 fell asleep on the way to dinner.

Our dinner this evening we were back here.

Ready for some Ohana.

The boys did the coconut race and the meal was fantastic as always.

It was a great way to close out the trip:thumbsup2. After dinner, we headed to our last park of the trip, MK. The boys wanted to meet Tink so we got in the short line.

They had a really good time talking to her. She kept calling them lost boys. Earlier I had gotten another FP for HM as the boys decided that they now liked this ride. So we headed that way.

The boys started to second guess their decision when we got to the queue.

It was insanely crowded after the stretching room and the boys were really second guessing it at that point, but the rest of the ride was fine. At the end the ghosts held up signs that said Michigan here we come and sadly this was very true :sad1:. We saw the stockades empty for once, so DS6 needed a picture there.

We were able to get another FP for Pirates so we went there next.

Last edited:
Oh no, another lost set of ears :(

Glad it was a good dinner at Ohana, that's definitely a good plac to have your last dinner.

Cute pics with Tink! Sounds like you had good luck making extra FPs on this night.

When I was getting DS2 in his car seat, my Minnie ears got knocked off. Unfortunately, I was busy buckling him and by the time I was done I forgot about them and we drove off with them still in the parking lot:sad:. I didn’t even remember until much later that evening. That’s two Minnie ears lost this trip:sad2:.

Oh no! So tricky to keep hold of!

Awesome that you had a great meal at Ohana! It doesn't usually disappoint. :)

At the end the ghosts held up signs that said Michigan here we come and sadly this was very true :sad1:.

Aww man! Sad day!

Great rest of your day at Animal Kingdom!
It was, I always leave there wishing we could have stayed there longer.

My girls were the same way!
Kids seem to get that it's more than jumping from ride to ride, I need to embrace that more.

It's such a mix of scared faces and some folks just looking like "Oh a dinosaur" Too Funny!
:rotfl2:This ride always has great pictures

Always love the pictures that come from Dinosaur

At least he didn't freak out and enjoyed it. I guess he really was more into the Wilderness Explorer thing than the rides!
He really rather would play these little side activities like Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Explorers :confused3

The theater is really nice. I'm glad that they went through the effort to build that infrastructure rather than just putting a show out there on the river and making everyone stand around somewhere on the walkways for an hour waiting for the show to start.
I appreciate that too, I would hate to have to stand.

They did a great job with those things. Hard to miss them once your'e near AK/AKL.
:hyper:so excited to see them for real next month.

I'm a little behind but just caught up on your AK day.
I love Boma breakfast we had it for the first time in May, I was so excited, it definitely is one of my favorite buffets on property.
Your AK day looked like so much fun, both relaxing and busy at the same time! Your ears are adorable! I can' believe that Dug doesn't meet anymore. What happened?
Love FoTLK and so did my family! You got some great PP shots too. Such fun memories with the WE too. We would have done that with the kids if it wasn't so hot. They would rather sit inside with a cold drink than walk around AK getting stickers, LOL.
That's okay, I feel like I am constantly behind on people's TR. I am not sure why Dug doesn't meet anymore, but considering he's a furry character and anyone can play him, I assume it's because cost cutting.

Oh no, another lost set of ears :(
I know, at least they were Disney ones that I can easily buy again and not my special Etsy ones.

Glad it was a good dinner at Ohana, that's definitely a good plac to have your last dinner.
It's our family's favorite, so I think it's nice to close with.

Cute pics with Tink! Sounds like you had good luck making extra FPs on this night.
We usually do at MK, not so much other parks.

Oh no! So tricky to keep hold of!
I have horrendous short term memory, s it's a shock I haven't lost a pair until now.

Great updates!
:thanks:

I didn’t even remember until much later that evening. That’s two Minnie ears lost this trip:sad2:.
Oh no!

DS4 fell asleep on the way to dinner.
:rotfl2: I envy his ability to sleep anywhere.

It was insanely crowded after the stretching room and the boys were really second guessing it at that point, but the rest of the ride was fine. At the end the ghosts held up signs that said Michigan here we come and sadly this was very true :sad1:.
Salt in the wound...

I'm glad the boys were up for trying it again and made it through ok even if they were a little hesitant.

I'm actually surprised it's taken this many trips for it to happen :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I envy his ability to sleep anywhere.
I know, I have insomnia, I am very jealous.

Salt in the wound...
I know right :(

I'm glad the boys were up for trying it again and made it through ok even if they were a little hesitant.
Hopefully this leads to them being brave on even scarier rides in the future

Day 7: Part 5
Make a Wish and Do as Dreamers Do

It was getting close to Wishes o’clock and I badly wanted to see it. DS6 asked to do the Tiki Room and we decided to do that instead:sad:.

I was so sad to miss Wishes, but I knew this was something DS6 really wanted to do and to be fair I had seen Wishes a lot during the time I held my AP. Since this attraction is rumored to be going away, I’m actually really glad we made the time.

DS2 was enthralled by the singing birds

When the show was over Wishes still had a few minutes left so we ran through the walkway over to Frontierland and were able to watch the end. I was letting the tears flow at this point:sad:. It was a build of all the amazing memories we had made this trip combined with the fact that going home was going to be so hard. Since our first family trip in 2014, I have always at least had an idea about when we would come back. And this past year I had gotten spoiled with so many trips, but leaving the next day was going to be hard. The company my husband worked for was not doing well and we were unsure of our future and if and when we would be able to come back. So crying was all of those emotions bubbling out. I was able to pull myself together long enough to let the boys drag us on the Magic Carpets.

DS6 is taking his piloting role very seriously:rotfl2:

Our time was running out, but we had just a little bit of time to squeeze in a few more rides. First Buzz x2.

Finally, our last ride for the trip the Peoplemover.

Leaving was so hard, we stopped for a PP in front of the castle that sadly never made it into our account:confused:.

It sucked because there was the After Hours event going on, which made leaving sting. Like, hey if you shell out another $600 you can stay. Joe very sweetly offered to take the boys so DS6 and I could stay, but even with the AP discount I was not willing to pay for the event when DS6 wouldn't do any thrill rides. Plus I wanted us all together on our last night. We made one last stop for PP in front of the train before dragging ourselves out.

Clearly DS2 is over pictures

We made a stop at the Poly for one last Dole Whip.

Finally we headed back to our car.

We wrapped up the night by getting every packed and ready for our departure the next day.

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Last edited:
It was getting close to Wishes o’clock and I badly wanted to see it. DS6 asked to do the Tiki Room and we decided to do that instead:sad:.
:sad2:

I was so sad to miss Wishes, but I knew this was something DS6 really wanted to do and to be fair I had seen Wishes a lot during the time I held my AP. Since this attraction is rumored to be going away, I’m actually really glad we made the time.
Fair enough. The Tiki Room isn't necessarily my number one favorite or anything, but I hope it doesn't go away. I remember it from when I was little and I know our kids have always been fascinated with it. They need attractions that can handle capacity that are family friendly!

When the show was over Wishes still had a few minutes left so we ran through the walkway over to Frontierland and were able to watch the end. I was letting the tears flow at this point:sad:. It was a build of all the amazing memories we had made this trip combined with the fact that going home was going to be so hard. Since our first family trip in 2014, I have always at least had an idea about when we would come back. And this past year I had gotten spoiled with so many trips, but leaving the next day was going to be hard. The company my husband worked for was not doing well and we were unsure of our future and if and when we would be able to come back. So crying was all of those emotions bubbling out. I was able to pull myself together long enough to let the boys drag us on the Magic Carpets.
Totally understand. Wishes just always had a way of bringing all those feelings out.

Finally, our last ride for the trip the Peoplemover.
Not a bad way to end it!

The things we do for our kids...

Since this attraction is rumored to be going away, I’m actually really glad we made the time.
Wait! Enchanted Tiki Room is rumored to be going away? I am not sure I know how I feel about that...

It was getting close to Wishes o’clock

Wishes o'clock. Love this!

DS6 asked to do the Tiki Room and we decided to do that instead:sad:.

Uggh! Kids! haha

DS6 is taking his piloting role very seriously:rotfl2:

Oh my gosh! He's so sweet. A very serious pilot.

Clearly DS2 is over pictures

He's so done! :P

Leaving is always so hard, especially when you don't know when you'll be back again. :(

Last nights are always tough, especially when you don't know when your next trip will be :( I can understand why you got emotional! But it sounds like you squeezed in a lot of final rides, and ending the night with a dole whip is a great treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter