Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

I can see how this would be the scariest part! It's a shame they start with this instead of easing kids in first. Good for them for being brave!
Yeah I agree, it's hard for them to want to go on after that, but luckily they all made it.

Bahaha hilarious!
I know, he really did like it though because he asked to go on it later :confused3

Yum, dinner at Kona looked great! Love that place.
Me too, so yummy.

Looks like you made good work of the evening at MK as well. Love the comment about HM being fun, but should be closed. :rotfl:
:rotfl2:the kid is conflicted clearly.

That is too cute!
Whatever gets him through, right?

I'm glad he was able to meet his favorite princess. And give his mama a chance to see some princesses.
Only 7 moths later and he's over it. Princesses are for girls he says, looks like this mama is done seeing princesses :sad:

That's sweet!
He's a ladies man, he knows how to get them;)

Yikes... got to experience this one too. I can't believe this has happened on multiple occasions and they still freak out and don't know how to deal with it.
Yeah someone else commented it happened to them too, they really should be able to handle better.

That stinks. I think the most consistently poor bus service I've ever had was staying at AKL.
interesting, well I am going without a rental in Nov and doing all buses, I hope my luck is better.

Not a bad association to make! Gotta love some hotdogs roasted over a fire!
That does sound darn delicious right now.

I'm glad you had a nice dinner there! I've heard nothing but great reviews.
We loved it, definitely check it out if you have a chance.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I can tell you right now, that's better than anything they could have planned!
::yes::

They'll come around eventually...
Hopefully
:rotfl2: At least they didn't run out the exit crying. I'd call this a win!
:rotfl2:You mean like DS6 did in September? Definitely an improvement.

Sounds like a good end of the night!
It was :thumbsup2

I realized I haven't update this TR in a month.

200.gif

With the start of the school year things have been a little crazy, sorry. So today I will do a double update :thumbsup2

Day 6: Part 1
A Wild Afternoon

I was finally able to sleep in this morning, which was a nice reprieve. I still got up at 8 though and was finally able to get some laundry done:laundy:. I made a trip down to get coffee before anyone was awake as well. When everyone finally got up we had a very leisurely morning enjoying our breakfast and coffee on the balcony.

We wanted to go to the pool but it was just too cold, so we let the boys watch Disney Junior, while we cleaned and started to get some things packed up. After our relaxing morning, we took the bus over to Kidani Village. On the way out we saw a little graduation ceremony they put on for the International College Program kids, which I thought was pretty cool.

I have never been to Kidani Village, and while I don’t love it as much as Jambo, it is a very beautiful area.

We had some time before our reservation, so we took our time looking around, and checking out the animals.

Today we were having lunch at Sanaa, and I couldn’t wait to try some new food.

We of course got the bread service will all the sauces.

Joe and I are not very adventurous eaters at all, so Indian/African food is quite the step out for us. While we didn’t love all of the sauces, over all I was very impressed and I can see why people rave about the bread service.

For entrees, we didn’t stray too far outside our comfort zone with chicken (for me) and shrimp (for Joe) tandoori, but they both were so good and flavorful that we were happy with our choices.

For dessert, the boys got the make your own cookie, which again they loved.

DS2's creation

Joe and I got the bread pudding, which I thought was very good, but needed more of the sauce.

After our delicious lunch, we took the bus to MK.

Continued Below

When we got to MK, we found a spot on Main Street in front of the confectionery for Festival of Fantasy.

I ran into the shop to get the boys a treat to occupy them before the parade and found lightsabers filled with chocolate candies. While we waited, we took some pictures, because why not?

Nicholas was mad at us about something to do with the lightsaber, so he pouted the entire parade, but the rest of us had a great time and I took an obscene amount of pictures.

Naveen :lovestruc

Pouty boy

After the parade, we left MK and got on the monorail to the TTC. We then switched monorails and got on the Epcot one.

Someone is in a better mood
We were in the car with this very loud family, who were clearly very excited to be there, and one lady was going on and on about how not crowded everything was. To be honest it was pretty quiet the whole time we were there. Hopefully January stays a slow season unlike September:sad2:.

While this family was loudly talking they discovered that they were on their way back to Epcot, when they meant to go to MK:eek:. They were so confused, but they seemed to figure out that they should have switched. It was funny because one lady had told everyone to switch and I guess another one said that was wrong, and when they realized their mistake they all laughed about it instead of fighting, which was nice to see. We obviously got offat Epcot, but I hope they eventually made it to MK.

Last edited:

We of course got the bread service will all the sauces.

Ahh, the bread service. My husband and I loved that on our last trip! Our server was super nice and boxed up our leftovers, gave us some extra naan, and some extra of the hummus that I really liked. We will definitely return to Sanaa!

What app do you use for your wait times? It looks pretty cool.

Ahh, the bread service. My husband and I loved that on our last trip! Our server was super nice and boxed up our leftovers, gave us some extra naan, and some extra of the hummus that I really liked. We will definitely return to Sanaa!

Us too, we'll be back in November, can't wait.

What app do you use for your wait times? It looks pretty cool.
I use the Lines app by Touring Plans. It's a paid service, but I highly recommend. I've been a subscriber since 2013 and couldn't imagine planning a trip with out touring plans or lines.

Holy Moly I am behind! Ever since we got back from our trip earlier this month, things have just gotten away from me......

me with my Lapu Lapu.
Mmm, love love the Lapu Lapu :love:

The girls I was with were discussing where the camera would be and how they would pose, only to get this.
Too funny! I kind of did that on the new Pirates picture this month. I wasn't sure where the camera was so in the picture, I'm pointing to it kind of lol.

I also got this very blurry shot of the highly controversial Tomorrowland tents. I thought the concept was incredibly tacky, but you really didn't notice them there unless you looked for them.
I thought those tents were such a bad idea, just a money grab and I don't usually say that about things they do.

After Dumbo, they went into Storybook treats to wait for us and they were closing up so the CM let them close down the shop and pick out a free candy apple each:hyper:.
Cool! That wouldn't happen to us, we don't have that kind of luck lol.

Afterward he said he liked the ride, but they should get rid of it:rotfl2:
:laughing:

Hidden Mickey
Now I have to look for that one next time we go!

On the way out we saw a little graduation ceremony they put on for the International College Program kids, which I thought was pretty cool.
Aw, I love that! I've never caught one but it would be great to see and I'd definitely stop to watch.

I have never been to Kidani Village, and while I don’t love it as much as Jambo, it is a very beautiful area.
Kidani is beautiful but we definitely prefer Jambo. We stayed at Jambo in 2016 and Kidani earlier this year. Jambo is just more..........."jumping", plus the dining options are better with the Mara being there and the much bigger gift shop with grab and go items. We did eat breakfast at Sanaa twice which was great and I'm very glad they've added that, but overall if I had my choice I'd pick Jambo to stay at :)

I realized I haven't update this TR in a month.
It happens...

Joe and I are not very adventurous eaters at all, so Indian/African food is quite the step out for us. While we didn’t love all of the sauces, over all I was very impressed and I can see why people rave about the bread service.
Great to hear! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was hoping to get over there to try the bread service, but sadly that didn't happen. One of these days I'll definitely have to try it out.

I ran into the shop to get the boys a treat to occupy them before the parade and found lightsabers filled with chocolate candies.
Lightsabers with chocolate. That might just be the perfect distraction.

Someone is in a better mood
Monorails tend to do that.

Sounds like a really nice morning and lunch at the resort! Always good to relax and enjoy AKL when staying there.

I can relate a bit to the monorail mishap, as we had one of those too. Oops, didn't mean to go to Epcot! :rotfl:

Glad to finally be caught up again! Your meal at Sanaa looked delish! And you got some really great shots of the FoF parade :)

Holy Moly I am behind! Ever since we got back from our trip earlier this month, things have just gotten away from me......
It happens, jumping over to your TR to check it out after this. Also, do I spy a very similar countdown to mine in your signature? :sail:

Too funny! I kind of did that on the new Pirates picture this month. I wasn't sure where the camera was so in the picture, I'm pointing to it kind of lol.
:rotfl2:I never know where the cameras all, but I don't usually plan poses either so...

I thought those tents were such a bad idea, just a money grab and I don't usually say that about things they do.

Cool! That wouldn't happen to us, we don't have that kind of luck lol.
:rotfl:Don't worry it never happens to me, I have resting witch face if you know what I mean, but my husband gets it all.

Kidani is beautiful but we definitely prefer Jambo. We stayed at Jambo in 2016 and Kidani earlier this year. Jambo is just more..........."jumping", plus the dining options are better with the Mara being there and the much bigger gift shop with grab and go items. We did eat breakfast at Sanaa twice which was great and I'm very glad they've added that, but overall if I had my choice I'd pick Jambo to stay at :)
Totally agree, I fell in love with Jambo, Kidani while beautiful just didn't do it for me.

It happens...

Great to hear! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was hoping to get over there to try the bread service, but sadly that didn't happen. One of these days I'll definitely have to try it out.
Sorry you didn't get it a chance it is definitely worth the trek over there, Joe and I are doing just that in November.

Lightsabers with chocolate. That might just be the perfect distraction.
You would think so, but then they started to battle each other the chocolate melting and got smashed everywhere :headache:

Monorails tend to do that.
They always do for me

Glad you enjoyed lunch at Sanaa!

You got some great FoF pictures!!
Thanks

Sounds like a really nice morning and lunch at the resort! Always good to relax and enjoy AKL when staying there.

I can relate a bit to the monorail mishap, as we had one of those too. Oops, didn't mean to go to Epcot! :rotfl:
And your a Disney pro :rotfl2:

Glad to finally be caught up again! Your meal at Sanaa looked delish! And you got some really great shots of the FoF parade :)
It was so yummy, and thank you :blush:

Day 6: Part 2
It's Just a Car Ride

As you do, we got PP in front of Spaceship Earth first.

Then we had a FP to use there as well. We thankfully got English this time. Joe sat with DS2 and DS6 this time, but when we saw our future, Joe was laughing hysterically and now I see why.

I guess the flash surprised him :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Up close

DS4 wouldn't sit up for his picture, so I traveled with cartoon guy

He's going back to Michigan

Then because it's some Instagram phenomenon we got pictuers in front of the "bubblegum" wall that I never actually posted to Insta :confused3

DS4 and I then had a FP for Test Track. I had to use some creativity for this one and told DS4 very little about the ride. Just that he would get to design a car and ride in one. I'll take my mom of the year award anytime now :rotfl:. While we were in line there was a dad and his son behind us and he was telling me all about how he was abusing the rider swap system by saying his wife was waiting for him when in reality it was just the two of them. It was one of those moments where I was getting so mad, but really what was I going to do. No matter what I said to him, he was going to keep abusing the system, so I just kept my mouth shut:mad:. DS4 loved designing the car part, but once we got closer to the cars, he started to realize what ride this was. We had this really sweet, amazing woman with us who was an ex-cm and now local who was trying to ease his fears with me. Once we got on the car she offered to hold his hand so we both comforted him as we rode along. Once is got to the fast part, he realized how fun it was and was whooping and laughing, having the best time.

You can’t even see him in the picture, he’s so small but he loved it and I was happy that my tricking him onto the ride worked out:worship:. Meanwhile Joe took the other two to the character spot with his FP.

DS2 looks so skeptical here :rotfl2:

I guess Goofy gets no love from DS2??

Oh wait there he is :lmao:

Joe said it was a great meet, the characters were being silly and really interactive. He also had some time to take them to Club Cool, where he tricked both of them to try the Beverly and they were not pleased.

He also was wearing his birthday button and the CM in there gave them a free Icee. I swear he had the best luck this trip. We met back up with them and DS4 and I stopped in Club Cool so I could trick him with Beverly too. I only got a video so no picture.

After, we all walked over to the land pavilion. Joe and DS6 had a FP for Soarin and the boys and I had one for Living with the Land.

Joe really liked the new Soarin, much better than the old version in his opinion. I used my rider swap to ride Soarin with DS6, while Joe took the boys over to check in for our dinner reservation. He also got a Mickey Canada flag magnet for free while they were waiting because it was his birthday :bday:. How much free stuff is he going to rack up this trip?

Soarin took a little longer than I thought, so DS6 and I had to power walk over to Le Cellier and when we got there they had already been seated. We had a very sweet server, but she was very slow so the meal seemed to drag on. Joe and I got the ice wine flight to split, which we really enjoyed.

It was made of sweet white wines, so I would avoid if that’s not your thing, but we loved it. We also split the cheddar cheese soup, which I loved how rich and creamy it was, Joe wasn’t a fan. For our entrees, I got the filet which was cooked perfectly and I though very good.

We also split the poutine, which was probably my favorite thing. Joe got the ribeye, which he said was too charred and he didn’t love it.

Overall, it was a fantastic meal, but probably not a place we’ll go back to any time soon. Maybe it's because we're from the midwest but good steak, beer cheese soup, and pretzel bread are all things you can find just as good all over the place and for a lot cheaper :confused3. Our server gave us all the Canadian 150th birthday buttons, but in French which I thought was awesome.

After dinner, the Star Wars fireworks started to go off so we watched for a little bit.

Joe and DS6 went to use their rider swap to ride Test Track.I guess they got this picture on the way over.

I took the other two to meet Anna and Elsa.

They had a good time with Anna talking about chocolate.

Why are you taking a picture of me??

Elsa was done with her guests while we were still with Anna and DS2 left in the middle of his meet with Anna to see Elsa.:rotfl2:

He talked more about chocolate and he told Elsa is favorite flavor chocolate is snow:rotfl:. In the dump shop the boys spied Sven and Olaf stuffed animals that they just had to have, so they used the last of their souvenirs to purchase them. I spied this cute Figment on the wall when I was checking out.

Once we were done with our meet, Joe and DS6 were still riding, so I took the boys on the Three Caballeros.

Joe and DS6's Test Track picture

We met Joe and DS6 at Mouse Gears where I was on the hunt for a 2017 mug I had seen on the parks app, which I found. I also purchased a sweatshirt that I fell in love with. The DS6 used up the last of his gift card on a monorail toy. While I was checking out Joe took DS6 and told us he would meet up with us. It turns out that he went over to Art of Disney, because he found the tightrope girl picture I wanted there:lovestruc. I was so happy and felt like I had thoroughly been spoiled this trip. We wanted to avoid the crowds so we left right as Illuminations started.

Until next time Epcot :wave2:

We still ended up getting on a very crowded bus and had to stand but at least we didn’t have to wait this time. On the way back, we passed a broken down bus with probably 20 guests stranded on the side of World Drive:scared1:. When we got back, I did some more laundry and packing, to get ready for our last full day :sad:.

Last edited:

Up close
:lmao: Nice!

but he loved it and I was happy that my tricking him onto the ride worked out:worship:.
Yay - mom of the year award for you! :thumbsup2

Joe said it was a great meet, the characters were being silly and really interactive. He also had some time to take them to Club Cool, where he tricked both of them to try the Beverly and they were not pleased.

Oooh, and dad of the year award for him! :rotfl:

He also was wearing his birthday button and the CM in there gave them a free Icee. I swear he had the best luck this trip.
I learned this in February. A random CM told me to go into Club Cool and show them my birthday button for a free drink. And, sure enough, they were thrilled to give me one. :thumbsup2

On the way back, we passed a broken down bus with probably 20 guests stranded on the side of World Drive:scared1:.
Ugh, now that's a really bad Disney transportation experience (assuming it was a Disney bus, I guess)?

Wow! What a productive night in Epcot! Did your kiddos like Le Cellier? I really need to try Sanaa- I'm hoping on my girls trip this spring!

It took me long enough after getting back to catch up again, but finally I'm here!

Your little DS is hilarious in photos!! Re:

Why are you taking a picture of me??

You can’t even see him in the picture, he’s so small but he loved it and I was happy that my tricking him onto the ride worked out:worship:.

Thank goodness it worked out this way! Could have gone the other way for sure, but it's a great ride, so that's awesome!

That picture is fantastic!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

While we were in line there was a dad and his son behind us and he was telling me all about how he was abusing the rider swap system by saying his wife was waiting for him when in reality it was just the two of them. It was one of those moments where I was getting so mad, but really what was I going to do. No matter what I said to him, he was going to keep abusing the system, so I just kept my mouth shut:mad:.
That does frustrate me. Admittedly, I abused the system a little bit, but it was never anything like that. We always had someone waiting with 1 or 2 kids and we just made sure to get them so that the older kids could maybe get a second ride with the second round of adults. I'm surprised that worked there though. I can't think of any time we haven't had to take the little ones up to the entrance to get the rider swap or the card to hand in later for the RS pass.

We had this really sweet, amazing woman with us who was an ex-cm and now local who was trying to ease his fears with me. Once we got on the car she offered to hold his hand so we both comforted him as we rode along. Once is got to the fast part, he realized how fun it was and was whooping and laughing, having the best time.
That's great! I'm glad he enjoyed it!

We also split the cheddar cheese soup, which I loved how rich and creamy it was, Joe wasn’t a fan. For our entrees, I got the filet which was cooked perfectly and I though very good.
That is just a perfect meal! Love both of those!

Overall, it was a fantastic meal, but probably not a place we’ll go back to any time soon. Maybe it's because we're from the midwest but good steak, beer cheese soup, and pretzel bread are all things you can find just as good all over the place and for a lot cheaper :confused3.
Yeah, good point. It is super expensive and I've had similar steaks for less. I've never had that soup replicated to quite the same effect though.

Elsa was done with her guests while we were still with Anna and Nicholas left in the middle of his meet with Anna to see Elsa.:rotfl2:
At least he was clearly enjoying meeting them! Or at least enjoyed meeting Elsa!

I spied this cute Figment on the wall when I was checking out.

Awesome hidden Figment!!!

While I was checking out Joe took DS6 and told us he would meet up with us. It turns out that he went over to Art of Disney, because he found the tightrope girl picture I wanted there:lovestruc. I was so happy and felt like I had thoroughly been spoiled this trip. We wanted to avoid the crowds so we left right as Illuminations started.
How nice of him! Everybody got their souvenirs!!

Yay - mom of the year award for you! :thumbsup2

Oooh, and dad of the year award for him! :rotfl:
We really make the perfect pair:rotfl2:

I learned this in February. A random CM told me to go into Club Cool and show them my birthday button for a free drink. And, sure enough, they were thrilled to give me one. :thumbsup2
Awesome, didn't know that.

Ugh, now that's a really bad Disney transportation experience (assuming it was a Disney bus, I guess)?
It was :eek:

Wow! What a productive night in Epcot! Did your kiddos like Le Cellier? I really need to try Sanaa- I'm hoping on my girls trip this spring!
Yes they did, other than it being a slow meal and them getting antsy, they loved the bread and the meals they got.

It took me long enough after getting back to catch up again, but finally I'm here!
:cheer2:

Your little DS is hilarious in photos!!
He does make the best faces

Thank goodness it worked out this way! Could have gone the other way for sure, but it's a great ride, so that's awesome!
It could have for sure, but I think I am a pretty good gauge of what he can handle, for example I didn't try to trick him onto Soarin, because I think he would have freaked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!