YEAH! Honeymoon is really coming together! We can still afford it ;)

Alarose

Mouseketeer
I am just so happy...and antsy right now! The honeymoon to Walt Disney World we are planning in January is coming together wonderfully! It seems so far away! We just got married on October 25th, and because of my husband's (wow, that still sounds strange and nice) work we aren't going for a few months yet.

He can't get vacation time at his job until he has worked there a year, which will be in January.

What stinks especially is the day of our wedding, one of the guys quit at his mechanic shop (they wanted to call him!),so he came back after the wedding to working 6 days out of the week. They are so short-handed right now! So, this is just wonderful...we are newlyweds who barely get to see eachother.:guilty:

I didn't think it would be such a big deal to wait until January, but it is killing me. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't stuck working 60 hours a week. This sucks!

Wow...I started out this thread so happy. :confused3 Ok...Disney...honeymoon! :) got it! Happy again! :woohoo:

ANYWAY! So, we are going to Walt Disney World from Jan. 8th-15th, so we are first of all taking advantage of the 7/4 deal! 'Woot woot!' I was jumping for joy when that came out :banana: We saved $200 through this deal! That doesn't even count the $200 gift card!

We are staying at Pop Century. I know that doesn't seem like such a honeymoonish place, but we are already stretching the money belt for this trip...even with the $$$ savings. I ALMOST had my husband talked into moving up to a moderate resort with this new 7/4 deal. It really would be better though if we spent money where we really need to spend money for this trip. He promised that someday we would stay at a nicer resort when we are more financially secure.

We are getting the meal plan though :yay: ! I am so excited about that! I did the meal plan with my mom a few years ago, and LOVED it!

I got some great deals for plane tickets! Just under $600 for the both us us. The grand total for our honeymoon (plane tickets, hotel, tickets to WDW, meal plan, and transportation) is just under $2000! I am especially happy about this :yay: because when looking through our fiances, we aren't breaking the bank to go on our honeymoon. We have just enough! :cheer2:

Who would have thought that a person could go to Disneyworld for a trip like this (plan tickets, on DW ground resort, the meal plan...) for under $2000.

Congratulations!! We will be there from Jan 6-10 :) Hope u have a wonderful time. It will be here before you know it!

Ohhh we will be there at the same time! Did you take advantage of the 7/4 deal???

Thanks! ;)

unfortunetly my DBF said he didnt want to go that long..now that he is reconsidering it is completely booked for Jan 6th-13th. If he finally makes a decision I'll just call everyday to try and get an opening lol

I'm so glad everything is going to plan for your honeymoon trip you will have an amazing time.

When we came back from our wedding I had to work six days a week and was doing over 80 hours each week. It was tough so I know how you feel. People kept asking me how is married life and I would say I will let you know when I can get to see my husband!

Congrats! We are doing like you and getting married in November (just over a week - eek) and then honeymooning in January. We will be there Jan 18-24 tho. You will have so much fun!

I am just so happy...and antsy right now! The honeymoon to Walt Disney World we are planning in January is coming together wonderfully! It seems so far away! We just got married on October 25th, and because of my husband's (wow, that still sounds strange and nice) work we aren't going for a few months yet.

He can't get vacation time at his job until he has worked there a year, which will be in January.

What stinks especially is the day of our wedding, one of the guys quit at his mechanic shop (they wanted to call him!),so he came back after the wedding to working 6 days out of the week. They are so short-handed right now! So, this is just wonderful...we are newlyweds who barely get to see eachother.:guilty:

I didn't think it would be such a big deal to wait until January, but it is killing me. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't stuck working 60 hours a week. This sucks!

Wow...I started out this thread so happy. :confused3 Ok...Disney...honeymoon! :) got it! Happy again! :woohoo:

ANYWAY! So, we are going to Walt Disney World from Jan. 8th-15th, so we are first of all taking advantage of the 7/4 deal! 'Woot woot!' I was jumping for joy when that came out :banana: We saved $200 through this deal! That doesn't even count the $200 gift card!

We are staying at Pop Century. I know that doesn't seem like such a honeymoonish place, but we are already stretching the money belt for this trip...even with the $$$ savings. I ALMOST had my husband talked into moving up to a moderate resort with this new 7/4 deal. It really would be better though if we spent money where we really need to spend money for this trip. He promised that someday we would stay at a nicer resort when we are more financially secure.

We are getting the meal plan though :yay: ! I am so excited about that! I did the meal plan with my mom a few years ago, and LOVED it!

I got some great deals for plane tickets! Just under $600 for the both us us. The grand total for our honeymoon (plane tickets, hotel, tickets to WDW, meal plan, and transportation) is just under $2000! I am especially happy about this :yay: because when looking through our fiances, we aren't breaking the bank to go on our honeymoon. We have just enough! :cheer2:

Who would have thought that a person could go to Disneyworld for a trip like this (plan tickets, on DW ground resort, the meal plan...) for under $2000.
I just wanted to tell you we are also staying at POP century for our honeymoon. I LOVE that resort. Some people might not but I am sure you will have a blast!! I am also glad not to be breaking the bank for ours. Make you feel better when you get home.

I've stayed at Pop Centry with DH and we had a great time! Your honeymoon will be wonderful! Which meal plan did you get? Do you have to make any ADRs?

If you want try to ask for a King size room when you get there or in advance by fax. Nothing better than a King size bed on your honeymoon!

unfortunetly my DBF said he didnt want to go that long..now that he is reconsidering it is completely booked for Jan 6th-13th. If he finally makes a decision I'll just call everyday to try and get an opening lol

Just keep trying! Our AAA agent couldn't get the discount at first, but she kept trying and rooms opened. I'm glad DBF is reconsidering :) This is the year to do a long DW trip :)

I'm so glad everything is going to plan for your honeymoon trip you will have an amazing time.

When we came back from our wedding I had to work six days a week and was doing over 80 hours each week. It was tough so I know how you feel. People kept asking me how is married life and I would say I will let you know when I can get to see my husband!

LOL! I've said stuff pretty close to that! ;) So, you made it through, and we will too. I just hope they hire someone soon. LOL, my dh keeps telling his bosses they don't need to give him anymore overtime because he has the ring paid for lol

Congrats! We are doing like you and getting married in November (just over a week - eek) and then honeymooning in January. We will be there Jan 18-24 tho. You will have so much fun!

WOW! In one week! Hang in there :) IT will be here before you know it. Enjoy your day and don't sweat the small stuff. EVERYTHING may not go perfect, but your day can still be perfect ;)

I am glad I'm not the only one spreading out the wedding and honeymoon. I feel kind of silly telling people our honeymoon isn't until Jan. One person told me, "well, then it isn't a honeymoon but a trip." LOL, I disagree.

One great thing is if yo uwait between the wedding and honeymoon, then you can focus on planning DW AFTER the crazyness of the wedding is over.

I just wanted to tell you we are also staying at POP century for our honeymoon. I LOVE that resort. Some people might not but I am sure you will have a blast!! I am also glad not to be breaking the bank for ours. Make you feel better when you get home.

So true. We arern't planning on spendings tons of time in the room anyway :) I am glad I'm not the only one going to Pop. When are you guys going? I've never stayed at POP, but it looks really fun :) our style

I've stayed at Pop Centry with DH and we had a great time! Your honeymoon will be wonderful! Which meal plan did you get? Do you have to make any ADRs?

If you want try to ask for a King size room when you get there or in advance by fax. Nothing better than a King size bed on your honeymoon!

We got the regular meal plan (can't remember what it is called...not the small one or the delux, the middle one). We were thinking about adding the drinks, but now we are going to use our $200 gift card for some of that lol

That is a great idea about requesting a King sized bed. Thanks!

Hey just wanted to tell you that my DBF did reconsider and now we are going Jan 10-17 and staying at Coronado Springs. So it worked out better in the end. :)

WOW! In one week! Hang in there :) IT will be here before you know it. Enjoy your day and don't sweat the small stuff. EVERYTHING may not go perfect, but your day can still be perfect ;)

I am glad I'm not the only one spreading out the wedding and honeymoon. I feel kind of silly telling people our honeymoon isn't until Jan. One person told me, "well, then it isn't a honeymoon but a trip." LOL, I disagree.

One great thing is if yo uwait between the wedding and honeymoon, then you can focus on planning DW AFTER the crazyness of the wedding is over.

Oh yeah I feel a little silly having the honeymoon like 2 months later 2 - esp since we will be in WDW before then (but only for one night so it doesn't count!) It just worked out better for the reception to have it in November - plus it works out better for my job. Oh well! It will be so exciting to have something to look forward to instead of having everything all at once - right? :)

Regardless of where you stay you can't escape the magic of Disney. I know you will have a wonderful honeymoon with tons of memories to last forever. We still talk about our honeymoon to Disney everyday!! I'm glad that plans are going so smoothly and hope you have a great time. Now you'll get a chance to see your husband :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter