Year of 50,000 Photo Vouchers

This is worse than I could've imagined. It all seems so unmagical when you read the rules.... That being said, I'll take the extra 220 DVC points at SSR...

Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE ..snip....ARV of each prize: US$587

Oh please! Some fancy accounting going on through this whole thing.

Gotta love those lawyers. They can make a (fill in your favorite pleasurable experience here) sound like a root canal.

Nothing in here to make me change my take on the whole thing as a marketing promotion, but there is some neat stuff to be had by the lucky few.

Matt if I win, I will........give you a detailed trip report! ;

Honestly, I do agree with you on the likelihood of this being a successful promotion from a business standpoint. I'm just trying to be happy and sort of "Rose colored glasses" on this thing! Maybe I'll score one of the quarter mill in mouse ears !

Gee, I surely hope that I win the one-time use fastpass!

(I would sign away my first-born for the 220 points with no maintenance, though.)

I read somewhere else that the Dream Squad will be wearing different uniforms. We're going down in a week and a half, and getting on Disney property on the 2nd, so I'll be on the lookout!
Could you imagine winning a night in the castle?
DVC points?
A Disney Cruise?
A Happiest Celebration On Earth Keychain :rotfl:

too many rules for my ADD... i doubt i will be able to win anything there, since i am related to an employee! lol (well engaged to one atleast)

but i did find this interesting and odd:

"within the time frame specified by Sponsor. In addition, in order for a resident of Canada to be declared a winner, he/she must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind in ascertaining the correct answer, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in person or by mail or telephone, at Sponsor's option."

maybe i missed the context it was in... but is this saying you need to know math if you are from canada, or you can't win? lol.

TheDogbots said:

"within the time frame specified by Sponsor. In addition, in order for a resident of Canada to be declared a winner, he/she must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind in ascertaining the correct answer, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in person or by mail or telephone, at Sponsor's option."

maybe i missed the context it was in... but is this saying you need to know math if you are from canada, or you can't win? lol.

It's because of Canadian law.

Sections 197 to 206 of Canadian Criminal Code detail the restrictions about gaming in Canada, including a law against private companies presenting games of chance with valuable prizes, including contests.

But apparently it's not gambling if companies add a skill-testing question, which is why you have to put your long division skills to use before you can claim a prize.

TheDogbots said:
too many rules for my ADD... i doubt i will be able to win anything there, since i am related to an employee! lol (well engaged to one atleast)

I finally found you love! :wave2: And you will still be eligible! We aren't married yet... and I've heard rumors that cast will be eligible for certain things as well! How exciting... but with 57,000 employees in Disney World alone the odds don't look good!

P.S. You need to update your ticker thingys!

tinkspark, I may do that...

but its really a law in canada? i was just joking around with a friend that we should make it a law here to win anything, and used all that untapped brainpower to figure out what dark matter is or some other scientific mystery... lol give every winner a piece of the equations needed... they must solve it to get their price, meanwhile helping to solve the overall problem... lol...

but what does the law state? how did it get passed? that is so weird...

but since I am not canadian, i guess i wont have to buck up on math before visiting dani at WDW in october!

All cynicism aside (which is a bit of a stretch for me), there's a sweet little piece in Joey's Walt Disney World College Program Blog today, where he talks about giving out the first "Dream" at Soarin'. It's not that great of a "dream", in terms of sweepstakes-style prizes, but it's a sweet little story nonetheless, much like the random bits of magic many of us have enjoyed from kind, thoughtful CMs.

Little kids being bellhops on ToT sounds pretty cool to me. Talk about a picture for the fridge! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter