Yellowstone winter 2013/14

Anne_Aus

Mouseketeer
I am after any advice/help with putting together a trip to Yellowstone in winter at the end of this year.
I don't have a choice of going in another season being from Australia and December/January being my vacation period.

I have looked into some snowmobiling tours which run over a couple of days but given it is something I haven't done before I am a little apprehensive.

So experts, people who have been before please help!!

I would find out what parts of the park are open in the the winter months, I believe certain areas are closed. When we went 6 yrs ago it was in the spring, sorry cant be more help. Loved the mammoth area hope you can see it very pretty!

I would find out what parts of the park are open in the the winter months, I believe certain areas are closed. When we went 6 yrs ago it was in the spring, sorry cant be more help. Loved the mammoth area hope you can see it very pretty!

I believe the road from Gardiner to Mammoth Hot Springs is plowed. The NE entrance might also be open. Old Faithful is open, but the only practical way other than cross country skis to get there is to take a snowcoach or be part of the daily snowmobile train.

I hear Old Faithful is spectacular in the snow, but you'll need skis or snowshoes to get around.

Thanks for the help, I have done some research, it seems the easiest way is to fly into Bozeman and head to west yellowstone entrance.

Mammoth is open so will endeavor to head up that way also. I ended up buying a book which is all about traveling to Yellowstone in the winter has been extremely helpful and made some things much clearer.

Thanks for the help, I have done some research, it seems the easiest way is to fly into Bozeman and head to west yellowstone entrance.

Mammoth is open so will endeavor to head up that way also. I ended up buying a book which is all about traveling to Yellowstone in the winter has been extremely helpful and made some things much clearer.

I didn't know much about the West Yellowstone snow coaches. I thought that they only came from Mammoth.

It's spectacular in winter seeing all that heat surrounded by all that snow. One of these days I want to take my family there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter