Yen VS. Dollar

HMANSION LOVER

PIN TRADER
Just a quick note for those planning on pulling the trigger on a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. DO IT SOON!!!!! Two months ago a night at the Disneyland hotel would have cost you approx. $300.00 + considering the exchange rate at the time. Now since the recession in japan and a drastic change in the exchange rate a room for one night at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will cost about $98.00. I am pretty sure I did the math correct, not a banking guy, if I am incorrect please let me know. :confused3

Well 2 months ago the yen was about 106 to 1 dollar, now its up to 118 to one dollar, but I don't believe that makes the room 1/3 the price...though I'm no mathematician either

Currently, the cheapest room at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel during Value season is 36,000 Yen per night. Currently, the exchange rate is about 118 Yen to the Dollar. That works out to approximately $305 per night, not $98.

In the past two months, the Yen has fallen by about 10% against the Dollar - notable, but the rate would need to fall to approximately 370 to the Dollar for even the cheapest TDH room price to be $98 - and if it had fallen by that much in two months, the cause likely would have been a catastrophe that would have left Japan an unattractive tourist destination...

Currently, the cheapest room at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel during Value season is 36,000 Yen per night. Currently, the exchange rate is about 118 Yen to the Dollar. That works out to approximately $305 per night, not $98.

In the past two months, the Yen has fallen by about 10% against the Dollar - notable, but the rate would need to fall to approximately 370 to the Dollar for even the cheapest TDH room price to be $98 - and if it had fallen by that much in two months, the cause likely would have been a catastrophe that would have left Japan an unattractive tourist destination...

Thank you jsilvers, as I stated I am no banker and I was not sure I was doing the math correctly. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part:rotfl2:. As always I can always rely on the great people on the Dis to help me find my way. THANKS AGAIN :thumbsup2

Just a quick note for those planning on pulling the trigger on a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. DO IT SOON!!!!! Two months ago a night at the Disneyland hotel would have cost you approx. $300.00 + considering the exchange rate at the time. Now since the recession in japan and a drastic change in the exchange rate a room for one night at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will cost about $98.00. I am pretty sure I did the math correct, not a banking guy, if I am incorrect please let me know. :confused3

What drastic change in the exchange rate? I wish!

You might want to check a currency converter; many are available online:

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

It is a drastic change though, since 2 years ago when the Yen to dollar was about 75 yen to 1 dollar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter