Yes, another Room Question thread

ToniDMB

Earning My Ears
I am sorry if this is a beaten subject, but I just got confirmed for my date and locations today and next up is working on my room block and choosing. Since our reception is taking place in Epcot, we're leaning towards a moderate and luxury resort close to Epcot for our guests, but since we've never stayed at a value resort we're having a hard time guessing....what I know about value resorts is that the inside decorating is quite loud...can anyone recommend the best value resort for our room block?

I was going to go with Pop Century, but I wanted to gauge your thoughts first.

Thanks!

Pop Century is the favorite on the DIS's Resorts board. For one thing, it doesn't share buses with other resorts.

It was definitely my first choice for our Value resort in the room block, but back then they wouldn't let us use it. :sad1: Some of my guests ended up staying at the All Stars and were not impressed.

I dont think they let you use pop for room blocks. At least they didn't let us - something about not having a group department at that resort.

We are using the pop century. It was not an option on the room block spread sheet that we received but we requested it and they said no problem!!

Thanks for the tips already coming in girls...I appreciate it.

Well, when she sent me the email with my options, pop century was missing from the list and that is because they don't have a group reservation office so they cannot guarantee that our guests who stay at that resort would be close to one another, but I'm not sure how much that means to me. I'll have to talk it over with the gang, but I'm leaning towards Pop Century especially now that I know about the bus situation.

The whole room block thing is really overwhelming, I have no idea how many guests would stay at a moderate resort vs. a value...when should my room reservation days begin and when should the end? I'm feeling really overwhelmed already and I only found out we got our date and locations today...sigh.

How did you guys figure this one out?

POP is definitely the best of the value resorts. I didn't know I could use it though so I picked the AS Movies. I stayed at all of them and my favorite was POP!

The whole room block thing is really overwhelming, I have no idea how many guests would stay at a moderate resort vs. a value...when should my room reservation days begin and when should the end? I'm feeling really overwhelmed already and I only found out we got our date and locations today...sigh. How did you guys figure this one out?

Don't let it get you down - the room block is a work in progress - you don't have to nail it all down in one go. You can always change it later. I kinda closed my eyes and pointed (OK, I guesstimated) and then adjusted as necessary. The thing is, unless your wedding is in high season, there are going to be rooms for your guests *somewhere* even if you don't block them in the right combination or for the right length of time.

Think of your room block as kind of a backup. If people can't get reservations on their own because the resorts are full, they are guaranteed to be able to use the rooms in your block. But most of the time guests can do their own thing and you just add their reservation numbers to your block so they count toward your minimum.

Your Wedding Consultant can talk you through it... :thumbsup2

This is one thing df actually did..! (thank goodness) But we have already changed our block one time already so no stress it was so easy to change it!

I would go with Pop. I had AS music and for some reason none of my family was put together. Even though I asked when we booked their rooms & I also called 5 days before hand to double check. Lets just say that one of the things I hated about the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter