Yes i am capable of making my own choices but i want to know what tax payers think

One thing I do not understand though is how come you can be on disability and collecting money but be able to volunteer places to work- why not get a paying job instead of volunteering and not get disability? Not being snarky-just wondering how that can be?

No one had a problem with it till now
I know that your volunteer experience is with little kids, but this may be why you are always sick. Little kids are germ balls. If you are worried about always getting sick, maybe look at a pet shelter, library, or other community outreach center to volunteer at.

I agree to some dagree and having a low imune system does not help but before I was told i had a low imune system my dream was always to teach

But my problems did not become obvious to me till i was 20 I just dont have the stigma to work 14 hrs everyday even on a good day maybe i am good for 7 to 10 hrs a day

One thing I do not understand though is how come you can be on disability and collecting money but be able to volunteer places to work- why not get a paying job instead of volunteering and not get disability? Not being snarky-just wondering how that can be?

I can't speak for the OP. However, I know someone with an intellectual disability (not saying the OP has this). She was employed at a grocery store for a few hours a week. With her disability, she will qualify for SSDI, regardless of her employment status. It is difficult to secure employment, and stay employed, depending on the disability. Her grocery store merged, and they closed her store. She volunteers at the Food Pantry, and it took her a year to find another part time job. Our younger daughter will come extremely close to qualifying for an intellectual disability (she's 14 now) as an adult. She will need a program like Goodwill, to employ her, I am certain. I am also certain there are not enough jobs for people with this type of disability.

I can't speak for the OP. However, I know someone with an intellectual disability (not saying the OP has this). She was employed at a grocery store for a few hours a week. With her disability, she will qualify for SSDI, regardless of her employment status. It is difficult to secure employment, and stay employed, depending on the disability. Her grocery store merged, and they closed her store. She volunteers at the Food Pantry, and it took her a year to find another part time job. Our younger daughter will come extremely close to qualifying for an intellectual disability (she's 14 now) as an adult. She will need a program like Goodwill, to employ her, I am certain. I am also certain there are not enough jobs for people with this type of disability.
I know i am not the brightest star in the sky but the reason i am on disability is more physical then mental

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter