Yes John, we met in kilts.

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
I remember hearing someone say they can't stand the ol bag horn so I thought I'd add in the we really did meet playing in a pipe band. He plays the bagpipes and I play the scottish tenor drum. I know - we're so cool.

Don't hate ;)

Thanks for playing my story!

Your story was really terrific - thanks for sharing it with us listeners!

And yes, we all did a double-take when you said "Scottish Pipe Band," I'm sure!

(I'm asking the obvious now . . . you two can pull out a couple Disney tunes, can't you!?)

Hi Kelsey, great story you shared! I too was weeping like Teresa LOL :rotfl2:
ps: I love the bag pipes

I loved your story also. I also was wiping away the tears.

Do you both still play your instruments?

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Val & I so enjoyed your story on the 15th anniversary show. Hope to meet you in person sometime.

Fair to say the bagpipes make the hairs on the back of my neck tingle and my feet start a tapping.

Really enjoyed your story Kels. Thank you for sharing :grouphug:

Thank you for your kind words! I think I got myself a little choked up at the end there too :goodvibes

Disney Enabler - We're not longer competitive in the pipe world. The timing of my husbands deployment in 2009 came right at the beginning of the Highland Games season so we both went on hiatus that summer. Since then, because of our Disney trips and wedding/honeymoon we haven't been able to commit to the demanding lifestyle of a competition band. We both still play occasionally for fun or if needed for an event but thats it for now. I'll try to post a pic later :)

T Morrows Child - I will have to ask my hubs if he could work out a disney tune. I'm sure it could be done but bagpipes only have 9 notes and no key changes so sometimes regular music doesn't translate very well. (I'm a tenor drummer so playing a disney tune on my drum would be ... abstract :lmao:)

OKW Lover - YES PLEASE! I was pushing for PCC 4.0 but it's not looking good. My new obsession is getting the Disneyland during my work furlough at the end of Auguest. I'll let you know how that goes!

Nothing wrong with pipe bands I met my wife in one two. We are both pipers. I make living playing and teaching.

We also get to travel with the band a bit but not to disney yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter