YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Awesome wrap up! I forgot how much stuff you did...and how much food was consumed! How you do not gain one ounce of weight, is beyond me :faint:

I loved reading this TR and i'm SO looking forward to reading your next adventure!:goodvibes

Wow Brenda, I hoped on the train at the right time. You must have just been finishing as I began reading over the weekend. I spent many a night of insomnia reading your fun antics.

My fav was the high tea, and your tours, the castle first, keys to the world, and early safari. Thanks so much for taking the time to give me a trip fix as we count down our trip.

Oh I'm so sad it's really over! Following along has been so great and also so helpful! You inspired a lot of the dining choices on our recent trip! Thank you so much for sharing all of this!

What a wonderful wrap up to a wonderful trip!!

I ordered Dean's book and every single story brought me to tears! My husband threatened to take the book away from me! What a blessing to call him a friend!

Hi Brenda, Sorry I been away from the Dis. Loved your trip report. Sad that it is over. Well kind of,,, I can't wait to hear your other two trips. Thanks for a wonderful wrap. So much I forgot happen this trip. Loved every minute of reading your reports.

Great report and pics and wrap up. Thanks for posting.

Maybe next year we will see you in Disneyland as we are going there later in the year.

I just read about your meet with Dave on his PTR... sounds wonderful!! And looks like a classy place to eat dinner!

I love how you wrapped up your report and I'm so glad you'll be starting your next one soon!! Thank you for sharing your amazing experiences with us :goodvibes

Wow Brenda, it's a little bittersweet that this is wrapped up!!! I have been bad about keeping up on the boards, but it seems that I can always pop on and read a little about your AMAZING trip!!! (and I LOVE the food recaps!):lovestruc

I am trying to catch up with everyone before I FINALLY get to go on my own trip.......two years in the making it is a little surreal for it to be 10 days away!!! I am sooooooooooooo excited though!

I look forward to reading more about your next adventure!

I'll try to knock out a few responses here. I'm going to try to get caught up with the gazillion TRs/PTRs/DRs that I'm so far behind on this weekend.... reports may be long over and closed down but I'm going to finish every one of them. Kinda like I keep saying that I'll start my December TR! I do have it ready to post, I just need a little more free time....:)

What a nice meet with DaveinFallsChurch- I haven't faithfully followed his reports, but I have popped over a few times and you are not lying! His photos are truly amazing!!!

Carthay Circle was my favorite meal at DL/CA- I am sure you had a great one as well, in addition to pleasant company.

Fantastic wrap up of your trip- I love the way you have it organized with resorts, dining, meets, special experiences.

I don't know if it is just me, because I haven't met either character, but this beautiful blonde looks a lot like another icy blonde I have seen in recent pictures. Did she get promoted to a royal gig in the great white north?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of the details of your magical mother-daughter adventures!

Hi Dee! Dave's sunrise photo over the Washington Memorial moved me to tears.. his work is just so amazing.

Carthay Circle is such a beautiful restaurant and even better that we were able to enjoy a meal with Dave and his family.

Honestly, I'm not sure about that blonde... maybe she did get a new gig.

Talk about organized... your well thought out chapter links for your TRs are legendary! :flower3: I'm so glad that you followed along. Seriously, thank you. :hug:

This is really what these family trips to Disney are all about, aren't they? Funny enough, our kids came away with wonderful memories of our trips, too. And even when we returned as an extended family, they wanted to be together, just like the old days. :)

What a great trip wrap-up! I hope you have time in your busy schedule to write more of them. And maybe one day our paths will cross. It would be so nice to meet you. :)

Awww I love hearing that Sue. Em mentioned a few days ago about going to WDW years from now when she has kids and bringing grandma! I thought she meant my mom but then realized she was talking about me. :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading along.

Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Another wonderful TR in the books! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us!! :goodvibes

p.s. I bought Dean's book for a co-worker -- she's undergoing her 2nd round of breast cancer treatment, and loves Disney, but hasn't been able to get there in a few years. She loved it! :cloud9:

Thank you Julie. I'm so glad that you have read along.

What a sweet thing you did for your friend. I'm glad that she enjoyed those stories. :)

Brenda, I've been absolutely terrible at commenting lately but I obviously had to come by and say how much I enjoyed this TR! What an incredible trip this must have been. Thank you so much for sharing your stories in the special way you do. :)

Hi Marissa!! No worries. I'm slooowww to update and respond but I'll keep plugging away. I'm so glad that we were able to meet up ... I finally noted our shared breakfast together in my DR.

Thank you for reading!

Even though it's a sad occasion for such great TRs like this one when the wrap-up is posted, it still always amazes and reminds me what an incredible and impactful journey a Disney trip really is. Thanks so much for sharing your magical adventures with us, Brenda! I cannot wait to read about your next one.

See ya real soon! :mickeyjum

Thank you Timmy! You are always so sweet.

You get what Disney is all about and I know you have had some great Disney memories as well.

Thanks again for reading. Wishing you all the best this semester! :goodvibes

Great timing on the Dave DISmeet update. I just read about on his PTR. Perfect!!!

Oh and just FYI, I haven't finished quite yet... but almost. ;)

Wow. Honestly, your wrap up is better (and longer) than many people's whole Trip Reports. What an amazing recap of a wonderful and magical trip. Even though it took a while, you put so much into every single post that it is such a pleasure to read, and I genuinely get excited every single time there's a update. Thank you for sharing this epic trip with us. And obviously I am so looking forward to the upcoming December report so very much that I just might bust!!!! :hyper:

Hey there Rob! Thanks for the heads up for Dave's PTR.

Now that I've made it back to your TR, I see that the fun wasn't over. And then you made me cry. Gosh! You are so sweet.

THANK YOU for reading and sharing this experience with me. Smack dab in the middle is where the inspiration for the December TR coming up will fit....

I would say enjoy your current trip but I KNOW you already are from seeing your FB posts. :thumbsup2

I'm going to have a really good excuse for not starting my Dec. TR yet... really.

What an incredible wrap up Brenda! I love how you categorized the different experiences and reposted some of your memorable moments. I'm looking forward to following along when you post your December adventures and I hope to have the privilege of meeting you on a future trip. Hopefully we'll be at the World at the same time some day! :goodvibes

Thank you Carol. I'm so glad that you read along. Hopefully one day our dates will align, I would LOVE to meet you. :goodvibes

Great wrap up Brenda!! What incredible memories you have. Hope to hear more in another trip report.

Thanks! I'm glad that you've followed along. Not sure we can top the special experiences from this trip but I can attest that every trip we create new and wonderful memories.

Hi Brenda,

The only way to describe this trip report is "EPIC!":thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing.

Neal ºoº

Thanks so much Neal! I'm so glad that you joined in. :)

Brenda, as always, I thorougly enjoyed reliving your trip with you. Thank you so much for sharing.

I think I have done two PTR's and two TR's since our trip last August. ;)

And thank you for includingi Mark and I in your Wrap-Up. We had so much fun meeting you and Em and then bumping into you often.

I'm sorry the plans did not work out for this month, but certainly understandable under the circumstances.

Mark and I are still hopeful to get to Disneyland next year. And, if we do, we will try to coordinate with you ahead of time so that we can hopefully see you, Em and my best friend that I have never met (I promise to behave as far as our Bears/Packers rivalry).

:hug:

Thanks Kathy! I'm so glad that we had our first meet up with this trip.

Ha ha! I knew it was some round number for your TRs/PTRs... just goes to show how productive you are. :thumbsup2

ENJOY your trip! We'll meet up sooner or later again. Whether here or in the Chicago burbs, your best friend you never met will have a blast with you guys. And please, you owe him for the Packer tape deal... Although you are both Blackhawk fans so you have that going for you. :rolleyes1

First off, thank you so much for writing this EPIC trip report! It was so much fun to follow along - though I am sure not nearly as fun as experiencing it!

disneyexaminer-mickey-mouse-thank-you.gif

You did such a great job with your recap! It is so amazing to see all the new things you can still experience at Disney ... and also, I got a little misty eyed as you recounted your time spent with Em at the Writers Stop.

And so much good food!

Thank you Phil! You are so sweet. :hug: Not every trip can be Dream Suites but they are spent with those I love so it doesn't need to be special. Just wait 20 years from now when Olivia and Emma come up to you and Judi and give massive hugs for the special memories that you have given them with the gift of Disney family vacations.

Brenda, your trip report has been so much fun to follow so thank you for taking us along! And what a wonderful recap! So many memories made indeed.

It was truly a pleasure to meet and have dinner with you and Emily. All of us had a great time getting to know both of you better. As our DD said, maybe we'll get to see you again at Disney World in the near future! Our trips are bound to overlap sooner or later, right? :thumbsup2 I may also have another conference trip in 2015 that'll take me to San Diego so stay tuned. ;)

Awww thanks Dave. I'm so glad that our paths crossed here on the Disboards and in real life. :)

Anytime our trips overlap we'd love to see you or... back here in So. CA.

Say hi to the family for us!

Brenda, What an incredible TR journey this has been over the last year; I am so jealous of the "magic" that falls your way on your Disney visits. ;) Just kidding, it has been fun reading and seeing everything you have shared. Your experiences even challenged me to try a few places on my last two visits last November and this past June; we ended up enjoying Monsieur Paul and even met your former nemesis turned friend, Phillipe. Just mentioning your name resulted in him bringing us a dessert wine to the table with a request to say hi to you. Very nice gesture, too bad I don't drink alcohol.

I look forward to your next TR; I'm sure it is going to be as exciting as this one has been. I hope someday our paths will cross at Disney and finally have the privilege and honor of meeting you. :thumbsup2

What an amazing trip again. You were blessed with some awesome acts of pixie dust but the best parts of your report are reading and seeing in the pictures the fun you are having with Emmy. I have loved reading your report and I look forward to the next one. :)

Thank you for sharing Brenda. x

Sadly, I was only just a lurker throughout your whole TR! I'm so sad to have this TR come to an end! In my opinion, your TRs are some of the best on the Disboards! It seemed like you guys had so much fun together! I can't wait to read your next TR (and the next, and the next! LOL) and I will try not to be such a lurker and comment more! :goodvibes

I'm glad you both had such a wonderful time!

Thank you for reading along DisneyLuver! I'm so glad that you've enjoyed following our adventures. I appreciate you sweet comments. :)

Daveinfallschurch seems like such a nice person and his photography really is amazing! He should offer workshops during his Disney trips! ::yes::

I loved the ending to your TR. Thanks for the recap. It was really fun!

And the comment about Katmark having written 2 TR's and 3 PTRs totally had me rolling. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: If you feel any better, I'm as slow as you are and I don't have anywhere NEAR 75 chapters. :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to reading all about your latest trip! Send out the bat signal please and thanks for the great read!

It was awesome to meet Dave. I'm so glad that he made it to the DL area so it was easy to meet up. Ahem... I recall someone else may make plans to come to West Coast DL sometime .... :rolleyes1

Thanks, there were too many highlights so my wrap was rather a mini TR!

I swear I'm going to get caught up with your TR! I'm completely fine with you taking your time. I think you have about 5 trips yet to share. :lmao:

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I start December.... spoiler alert.... it has to await our return from our next WDW trip this week.

Great TR! So many exciting memories! What a wonderful vacation!

Looking forward to reading more TR's!

Thank you for reading along! It was a great trip. :)

Amazing wrap-up, Brenda! What a fabulous trip! :goodvibes Really looking forward to your December TR!!!

Thank you Tracy! I'm glad that you followed along.

Great TR! You always have such wonderful trips! Can't wait to hear about the next trip!!!

Thank you Jillian! So glad that you joined in and kept up with this.

Fantastic wrap up Brenda to a great TR! You have given me so many new things to add to our WDW bucket list! I do have a question though...DW and I absolutely loved Bistro de Paris...how would you compare Monsieur Paul's to its predecessor?

Thank you Bill. I'm glad you read along and got some ideas. Glad I can inspire some new adventures.

I wish I'd been to MP before when it was Bistro de Paris but we hadn't tried it for the first time until this trip - a year ago. We've since returned once and it was just as good.... except they made me eat snails. :scared1:

Very awesome that you were able to meet Dave! His photos are truly stunning.

Listen, this was an epic TR, of course it took you time to write! :thumbsup2

Love AKL. Looking forward to staying there again in February. :goodvibes I won't get mimosas upon check in though. I'm not so fancy. Plus, I've banned all liquor on the trip until the race is over. :rotfl2:

Hahahaha, I laughed at your Tortuga Tavern comment. They were definitely NOT amazing nachos.

Thank you so much for sharing everything with us. It was awesome.

Hey Danielle!! I'm so glad that you've kept up with this thing... you are a more faithful follower than myself. I really need a dose of you and your hilarious family adventure.... I WILL catch up soon.

It was pretty incredible to meet Dave. His sunrise over the mall in DC moved me to tears... just incredible.

I'd say that you have a pretty good incentive to say no to the cocktails for now. I wish you well with your training. That is so awesome that you are doing that.

Yeah, if anyone raves about those nachos I want to know if they also eat snails. Oh wait.... :lmao: my little escargot lover.

Awesome wrap up! I forgot how much stuff you did...and how much food was consumed! How you do not gain one ounce of weight, is beyond me :faint:

I loved reading this TR and i'm SO looking forward to reading your next adventure!:goodvibes

Hi Alicia! Two things didn't happen on this trip.... 1. We didn't go hungry and 2. We were never bored! :rotfl2:

Uhhhhh yeah, not sharing the amount of weight I gained. Nope. And when I broke my ankle when I got home that didn't help anything.

I'm so glad that you followed my TR. It was truly a treat to meet you and Dan this summer! :goodvibes

I may have to start the next TR as an 'anniversary' edition of the TR since the calendar may have taken an entire lap before I get that one kicked off. :upsidedow

Wow Brenda, I hoped on the train at the right time. You must have just been finishing as I began reading over the weekend. I spent many a night of insomnia reading your fun antics.

My fav was the high tea, and your tours, the castle first, keys to the world, and early safari. Thanks so much for taking the time to give me a trip fix as we count down our trip.

Hi there ladygoldenhair! Thanks for jumping in and reading. The advantage to a late start is that you don't have to wait for the next updates. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed reading. I see you have a girl trip coming up soon. Enjoy!

Oh I'm so sad it's really over! Following along has been so great and also so helpful! You inspired a lot of the dining choices on our recent trip! Thank you so much for sharing all of this!

Hi Maddie! I'm so glad that you read along. I'm glad to inspire - I hope the choices worked out. I still need to sign on for your current TR. :blush: I have the link saved to read.

What a fantastic wrap up. That was a heck of a trip. I can't wait to follow along with your next trip!

Thanks Kel! Glad you enjoyed reading - thank you for joining. It was a heck of a trip. I'm sure we'll never have anything like that again.

What a wonderful wrap up to a wonderful trip!!

I ordered Dean's book and every single story brought me to tears! My husband threatened to take the book away from me! What a blessing to call him a friend!

Thank you Sara! I'm so glad that you read along.

Ahhh I love those stories that Dean shared. They're an emotional slice of life as he puts it so well. I am very blessed to be counted among his friends. He is definitely a sweet man.

Hi Brenda, Sorry I been away from the Dis. Loved your trip report. Sad that it is over. Well kind of,,, I can't wait to hear your other two trips. Thanks for a wonderful wrap. So much I forgot happen this trip. Loved every minute of reading your reports.

Hi Sandy! No worries. I hope all is well. :goodvibes

After so long I risk mixing up my Disney trips so it is good that I do take notes and that I have photos to keep me honest.

Thank you for reading. Seriously, I'm so glad that you joined.

Great report and pics and wrap up. Thanks for posting.

Maybe next year we will see you in Disneyland as we are going there later in the year.

Hey there Scott. Aren't you still in Italy? Buena serata! (no I don't know Italian but I can google translated phrases!)

Thank you for following along with this TR.

PLEASE let me know if you make it to DL. Our meet up in December was far too brief. :)

Wow what a great trip report.

Thank you! I'm glad you noticed. :rotfl2: Just kidding. Thank you for reading.

I just read about your meet with Dave on his PTR... sounds wonderful!! And looks like a classy place to eat dinner!

I love how you wrapped up your report and I'm so glad you'll be starting your next one soon!! Thank you for sharing your amazing experiences with us :goodvibes

Hi Sue!! Ah yes, Dave chose a very nice place to treat us for dinner. He's such a sweet guy!

Thank you so much for reading along. In the course of this one I gained a sweet new FB friend and am cheering you on in your journey..... :goodvibes

Wow Brenda, it's a little bittersweet that this is wrapped up!!! I have been bad about keeping up on the boards, but it seems that I can always pop on and read a little about your AMAZING trip!!! (and I LOVE the food recaps!):lovestruc

I am trying to catch up with everyone before I FINALLY get to go on my own trip.......two years in the making it is a little surreal for it to be 10 days away!!! I am sooooooooooooo excited though!

I look forward to reading more about your next adventure!

Ha ha! Raina I had to laugh since the interpretation is that this thing has drug on waaaayyyy too long! :lmao: Thanks, I'm glad that you've been able to read along for this one.

I can't wrap this up without a shot out to the tasty food that made our tummies happy.

I hope you are enjoying/enjoyed your trip!!!!! 2 years is a long time to anticipate that. :)

Sounds like I'm just going to miss you. Bummer since we'll be there soon.

Brenda, What an incredible TR journey this has been over the last year; I am so jealous of the "magic" that falls your way on your Disney visits. ;) Just kidding, it has been fun reading and seeing everything you have shared. Your experiences even challenged me to try a few places on my last two visits last November and this past June; we ended up enjoying Monsieur Paul and even met your former nemesis turned friend, Phillipe. Just mentioning your name resulted in him bringing us a dessert wine to the table with a request to say hi to you. Very nice gesture, too bad I don't drink alcohol.

I look forward to your next TR; I'm sure it is going to be as exciting as this one has been. I hope someday our paths will cross at Disney and finally have the privilege and honor of meeting you. :thumbsup2

Hi Bob! I'm so glad that we connected over on Camille's TR. Thanks so much for reading this one as well.

We've certainly been blessed in ways that we didn't expect. We're very thankful to have these great Dis trip memories.

That's too funny about Philippe. His thank you language appears to be alcohol... or snails. (No thanks!) My hubby doesn't drink at all either so his welcome cocktail was sent my way. I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience.

I would count it an honor and a privilege to meet you one day as well. Truly! :goodvibes I see you will be back at WDW next June. (and the VGF no less... ahhh so beautiful.)

What an amazing trip again. You were blessed with some awesome acts of pixie dust but the best parts of your report are reading and seeing in the pictures the fun you are having with Emmy. I have loved reading your report and I look forward to the next one. :)

Thank you for sharing Brenda. x

Thank you Lisa. What kind comments! :) We definitely have been blessed and I am so grateful that we've had an opportunity to create some great memories together.

I'm so glad that you read along. Sweet people like you make this worthwhile.

Hi Brenda,

I did a search for Yacht Club Deluxe Room and your thread was at the top of the results list. I was looking at your pictures from pg 175, and they are very helpful. One question that I still have... is there a balcony or patio? Or do you lose that but gain the second room? We are looking to book a week next May, and trying to decide between club level amenities or a villa with more space to spread out. Darn it... I want both!

Adrianna

Hi Brenda,

I did a search for Yacht Club Deluxe Room and your thread was at the top of the results list. I was looking at your pictures from pg 175, and they are very helpful. One question that I still have... is there a balcony or patio? Or do you lose that but gain the second room? We are looking to book a week next May, and trying to decide between club level amenities or a villa with more space to spread out. Darn it... I want both!

Adrianna

Hi Adrianna. Indeed, the deluxe room had a nice size balcony off the bedroom. The room that we had faced SAB. I believe all Deluxe rooms would have the same configuration with a full balcony. I'm not sure if there are ground level deluxe rooms but if so, they should have a small patio.

What I noticed with the Deluxe room is that as large as it was, it really didn't give more usable space than a villa. A 1 bedroom villa would give you more space and a separate room for the bedroom and sleeper sofa in addition to the kitchen. If I had a family I would likely choose the villa.

I know what you mean about wanting both.. the deluxe room has the CL lounge that the villa wouldn't have. ;)

I hope that helps.

Oh no you broke your ankle?! Ugh, that truly sucks, i'm so sorry! Praying for a quick heal :goodvibes

Oops! That was from last year when we returned from our August 2013 trip which is the basis for this TR. All's well now. I can walk and talk and if I watch where I'm walking I don't fall down. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter