Yesterdays Dooney and Bourke Event

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
Yesterday I decided it was time to finally give in and go purchase my Dooney Bag. They had an event at TrenD with Ian from the company there and a free gift for every $150 purchase. I was so excited to get my free gift. So off I went with my son, a friend and her daughter. Well the lot was full but we lucked out and found a spot. We start waking towords the entrance to DTD between Trend -D and Once upon a toy. I see a line in the parking lot. :scared1: Snaking all the way back towords where Ghirdelli is. Walking further up they have turnstyles set up at the back of team Mickey and then between TrenD and Once upon a Toy. I herd the CM say to the people she was moving from turnstyle 1 to turnstyle 2 outside the store. Now you are about an hour from being in the store. I walk to the front of the store and the regular Dooney counter is empty and they are selling the bags with no wait but no free gift. Being dinner time and having 2 - 5 years olds underfoot I guess most of you can guess that I opted for no free gift. With my Disney Visa and 41 reward points I got the largest WDW Dooney for $175 not to bad. Overall it was an eye opening experience. I would have totally waited if I had not had children with me. It was a very cool gift. A cosmetic bag that matched either the WDW or black and mulit Mickey bags. I wish they would have had the line running smoother for us mothers who could not wait in line with smaller children or at least some kind of voucher to get the gift at a later date without meeting the spokesperson for Dooney. So for all you fans that is what I experience yesterday. The huge plus side is they had hundreds of bags on hand and I had alot to choose from for placement of characters on the bag. :goodvibes

Thanks for the report! I wondered what the whole event was about. I'm not a Dooney fan, so I didn't miss out....but glad you got something you wanted!! :goodvibes

Liz, I saw the picture of your bag on FB, it is so cute -- I can't wait to take a look at them during our next visit (hopefully they will be around awhile).

If anyone wants some "free money" to put towards the purchase of their D&B, you can earn a $25 Disney giftcard by taking a DVC phone tour...lots of us DIS Unplugged fans are DVC owners and I'm sure any one of us would love to give you a referral (including me!). Just send a PM and ask...piece of cake!

I was very lucky to see a D&B last Halloween while at the Magic Kingdom. I can't wait until summer when I'll bring it out again. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. :cloud9:

WOW! :scared1:
I can't imagine there being so much fuss over a very expensive purse. :confused3

Glad I haven't been exposed to D&B enough to be swayed to think that I need one! :rolleyes:

Yesterday I decided it was time to finally give in and go purchase my Dooney Bag. They had an event at TrenD with Ian from the company there and a free gift for every $150 purchase. I was so excited to get my free gift. So off I went with my son, a friend and her daughter. Well the lot was full but we lucked out and found a spot. We start waking towords the entrance to DTD between Trend -D and Once upon a toy. I see a line in the parking lot. :scared1: Snaking all the way back towords where Ghirdelli is. Walking further up they have turnstyles set up at the back of team Mickey and then between TrenD and Once upon a Toy. I herd the CM say to the people she was moving from turnstyle 1 to turnstyle 2 outside the store. Now you are about an hour from being in the store. I walk to the front of the store and the regular Dooney counter is empty and they are selling the bags with no wait but no free gift. Being dinner time and having 2 - 5 years olds underfoot I guess most of you can guess that I opted for no free gift. With my Disney Visa and 41 reward points I got the largest WDW Dooney for $175 not to bad. Overall it was an eye opening experience. I would have totally waited if I had not had children with me. It was a very cool gift. A cosmetic bag that matched either the WDW or black and mulit Mickey bags. I wish they would have had the line running smoother for us mothers who could not wait in line with smaller children or at least some kind of voucher to get the gift at a later date without meeting the spokesperson for Dooney. So for all you fans that is what I experience yesterday. The huge plus side is they had hundreds of bags on hand and I had alot to choose from for placement of characters on the bag. :goodvibes

Did you happen to find out if they are going to have these in DL or if they are planning on coming out with even more designs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter