~Yet another Hoop Dee Doo Review Question~tomorrow's 180 days out

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I have been thinking for the past month about the Hoop Dee Doo Review show..I am staying at the CR so it is easy to get to the show via the boat service..I would love to get some reviews of the food and show..just to solidify my descision. My kids are 9, 7 and 6..are they at a great age for the show? Family style food? and finally how long is the show? and finally it still says that the tip is included in the rate..is that true? My ADR's can be made tomorrow morning..:banana:

Thank you..but the reviews on that site are from 2001...I would like some recent one's..;)

Our last trip there was Xmas 2006 and we went to Hoop dee doo. We are going this June and my kids are now 18 and 14 and still want to go to HDDR. We love the show and the food isn't bad either. Yes the tip is included in the price. I can't remember how long the show is I would guess you are there approximately 1 1/2 hours? Have fun :thumbsup2

We love the food and the show. It's nothing fancy, just good fun and home
cookin'! We've been going to WDW since the 70's and we try to catch HDDR
periodically. We've never been disappointed. The seating on the balcony level
is great. I think we actually prefer it there. Have a blast! :goodvibes

Your children are a good age to enjoy the show. For us, this is a do it once kind of experience. The show is cute, but corny. The food is basically awful. Dry chicken, fatty ribs, and a very gloppy attempt at strawberry shortcake. Our waiter was bored and unpleasant. Overall, once was enough for us. If you do go, pay the extra and get front row seats. It's hard to see otherwise.

We love HDDR. We didn't have fatty ribs or dry chicken. All the food we had in November 2007 was GREAT!!! And our party included 2 professional chefs and 2 professional theatre people. We especially liked that beer and sangria were included. And we all loved the show....6 kids ranging from 7 to 14 and adults ranging from 25 to 69!! We had a great time....you'll love it if you're not SUPER gormet or SUPER critical about entertainment....we went to have fun and that we did!! I recommend it to everyone.

DH and I have been three times in the past and will be going again this December. The show is corny but entertaining! I don't care for the ribs but love the chicken (don't find it dry AT all), the salad, the cornbread, and the beer! :cool1: I think your kids are a good age for this experience. Definitely something you don't get to do every day!!

My 2 DDs and I attended for the first time last summer. They loved the show and it is a must for our return this summer. They loved the chicken! The ribs were ok but that is not their favorite anyway. The corn bread was awesome as was the the strawberry shortcake. My 2 DDs especially like chicken legs and I asked if they could bring an extra out for each of them and our waiter brought a bowl of chicken legs for them to share. I was a little tired and he kept checking on me and if I needed anything else. It is now a must for our family!!:cheer2:

We love the HDDR, but as you have seen by the posts it is not for everyone.
It is a Western themed show which is full of singing, dancing, corny jokes and lots of audience participation. I think your kids are a perfect age to have a blast.
We think the food is good. It is certainly not gourmet, but it is not meant to be. It is classic "DOwn Home"cooking with moist and tasty fried chicken, good ribs, delicious corn bread, fresh salad, baked beans, corn and a really good strawberry shortcake. Beer, Wine and Sangria are included in the meal.
If this sound like fun to you and your family I strongly recommend it. We go back again and again.
Have a Great Trip

OUr family enjoyed it... The food was good, the show was great. I think your kids are the perfect age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!