Yet another Manta thread...

x.laura.x

Mouseketeer
Sorry for yet another one! But i was wondering what the lines are like for Manta? When we went 2 years ago before it opened the lines for Kraken and Atlantis were only about 20min max, is manta the same or is it packed out?

can't say what it's like now, during passholder mornings the queue was filled and at least 30-40 minutes at opening

I go after work in the evenings (if it doesn't look like rain) and the lines last week were 60 minutes, one evening only the one side was open and it was super slow moving. spoke with people in line who said that they wanted to get one ride on it, since the wait time posted was 75 minutes, or it was shut down when they went back during the day.

Laura, when I was there in June the longest we waited was 20 minutes for Manta, we rode it all day, certain times of the day we would walk on the ride, along with Kraken. So hopefully lines won't be to bad for you..

The last few days when it hasn't been raining our waits have been topping out around 100min. Very long, surprisingly. It is the busiest time of the year for all parks here though, so i am not surprised.

Thanks everyone. It seems pretty varied so i guess we will just need to see when we get there. Only 3 days now =D

Yesterday (Sunday), wait started at around 30 minutes (I was at the rope line for opening, maybe 20 people back--it is a stampede), jumped to 100 minutes by the time I got off. Stayed until the rain rolled in, a little after noon, never saw it go back below 90.

In what seems new to me, they are making people put bags in lockers, like Universal. Unlike Universal, there is no sign announcing this--they wait until the height check--and there is no free period. It's only 50 cents, but you have to pay. Bring quarters.

Finally, general FYI, the back half of the park does not open until 10 now. That includes Shark Encounter, Wild Arctic and Shamu's Happy Harbor. Another cost-cutting move under InBev I guess.

It's 75 to 100 minutes right now (DH is there).

100 minutes :scared1:

Ah well, its better to know beforehand i suppose lol, guess i was just being a bit too hopeful.

Only 2 days now :cool1:

They were only running two trains so that was a big part of it. Kraken was almost walk-on. DH is going again tonight so I'll post an update later when he texts me from the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter