Yet another photographer question

Vayleen

Mouseketeer
Sorry it may seem redundant, what are everyone's thoughts about Disney's photographers vs. outside photogs? I emailed Randy Chapman because I've read all these wonderful things about him on here and he is available for my wedding, which is awesome. I sort of wanted to look into outside photogs because I wasn't sure if the Disney photogs are like the people in the parks... You know, regular joes. Does Disney have professional photogs that do ONLY weddings or do they have "professional photogs" who can get the scene and it's nothing spectacular? I'm also kind of bummed that Disney has to be sticklers and only give out 20 4x6s (I got my planning kit in my email yesterday!!! :thumbsup2).. I kind of was hoping for a bigger album of 8x10s or something at least bigger than 4x6s so you can see SOME sort of detail....

OHHHH the decisions.

The PhotoPass photographers and the wedding/honeymoon photographers work under the same department, but are completely separate. They are professionals who also cover Disney's other events (everything from conferences to portraits; I'm not sure if they bring in others for their commercial/ad photography). Most have been doing this for years and are definitely in a different class entirely than the PhotoPass fellas.

That being said, their work does vary from photographer to photographer. Some brides have gotten only so-so shots, coupled with bad attitudes. Others (like me) have gotten phenomenal work, coupled with the nicest guys you could ask for! The downside (other than not receiving the CD, which is a big deal, I think) is that you cannot choose your photographer in advance, as far as I know. By the way, if you could, you should ask for Byran Mazur!

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter