Yet another question from me about bustles/dresses and MK photo shoot!!

Lorelei528

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

You were all so helpful when I wanted to know about who fixes your dress/train for your pics throughout the whole day...

I have another question....

So, when it comes time for your MK photo shoot, walking downstairs to meet your photog, getting in the van/car and getting out etc...

Did you have your dress bustled for all of that? Or if not, how did you take card of your train?

Please help! I'm wondering if DF will have to figure out the bustle before we leave the room at 5:45am! :lmao:

Thanks!:flower3:

Not bustled...totally undone. It made for better pictures IMHO. I just threw it over my arm...or DH helped carry it. It was going to the cleaners that day anyway!!!:lmao:

Heidi-
Thanks! Yep, I'm planning on having it not bustled for the photo shoots,I'm just worried about the getting around before the shots...

Our shoot is the day of the wedding, so I'm afraid of the dress getting too yucky before the big day really starts! :rotfl:

So, when you got in and out of the photogrpaher's car etc and walked down to the lobby, you didn't have it bustled then?

This is the new thing I'm worrying about and as I'm so close I really need some opinions on this please...

sigh. I'm trying not to stress, really I'm not.....

I just picked up the dress last night and it's at my mom's house now:yay:

My DH held my train and my flowers, got some great shots of him doing that :rotfl2:

Is it just you and your hubby? If not, I would rope the MOH into helping you get into the car....from there on out, I think Hubby would be the man!

If you don't think he is capable, or if your MOH doesn't fancy a 4.45am wake up, safety pin a loop of ribbon to the center of the train, on the outside. When you are dressed, have DF (at that time!) hand you the loop of ribbon; loop it over your wrist. Result? Train off the floor, you can walk (no bustling!) and it is easy to remove when you get to pics.

I hope this helps!;)

Note: I wasn't a Disney bride, my dress didn't have a train, but I am used to working with dresses that have them and I am VERY familiar with photoshoots involving them!

Just hold it up yourself or have your DH hold it up for you. It was take up too much time to unbustle it at the MK. That is a precious hour and you don't want to waste time fussing with your dress.

I don't think DPS allows anyone but the B&G into the park for the shoot.

I had it totally un-bustled getting in and out of the van (we rode in a minivan, so it wasn't too hard. I will say that my train was already REALLY dirty because of the wedding, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. So, I would get in, and DH hold it up off the ground and pile it on top of me.

Sounds crazy, but any wrinkles that might come from this won't show in the pictures. I had dirt streaks and they didn't show!

But other than that DH carried it or I threw it over my arm (which is how they have you carry it for your staged exit, since you'll probably have pics afterward you want it un-bustled for) .

Here's at the shoot...
011993-0106.jpg

Here's how I held it coming out for the staged exit.

0479.jpg

The day of the wedding, a friend of mine came and did the bussle for me just before the reception. Then the day of the MK shoot. It was still bussled, due to I forgot about it. The photographer was great, he and his assistant along with DH un-did it for me. Worked out fine.

Unbustled as well - which was good since after riding Rock n Roller Coaster and walking all over MGM it was dirty!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter