Yet another Randy Chapman question

PrincessBride07

Anyone want a peanut? Has crush on House. Have t
Hey guys,
I am debating between Randy Chapman and Disney for my photography. My wedding is at night with an illuminations reception. I looked at Randy's pictures and there aren't really any taken at night. I asked him about nighttime photos, and he mentioned that I should have my photos with my df taken before the ceremony (almost two hours early to have enough light). I have no problem with this, but df wants to not see each other before the wedding. I am just wondering if any of you have had Randy for a nighttime ceremony. If so, what did you do?

I'd be interested in this too, as I was thinking of asking Randy to stay later and have some pic's near the Poly with the fireworks in the background.

I think most photographers are going to recommend the exact same thing as Randy. Night time photos just won't come out as well. Illuminations pictures are different and of course you will have pictures from your reception etc but the photos at the ceremony location and posed pictures will be done before the ceremony. If you don't want to see each other than maybe you can change your times?

Photography is about the control of light. Night time photography is more challenging and requires multiple light sources to avoid harsh shadows and flash glare (i.e more than just one flash mounted on the camera), but is possible. It may also require the use of a tripod and a bit longer pose time from bride and groom.

All of this is possible but it is more work and equipment for the photographer to properly execute this.

WE just booked Randy last weekend and came into the same problem. While we were going over the schedule he said that it was going to be horrible lighting---our ceremony is @5pm---if we were to take pictures later. We didn't want to see each other but opted to do so for the sake of the pictures. THe way Randy had recommended (which we are doing) is that he will set up a "revealing" on the steps of the Boardwalk and DF will meet me and we will have a "moment together" and Randy will be in the distance taking pictures and then the bridal party will join. That way we will have the light and it might also calm some jitterbugs. Also, after the ceremony, we won't have that many pictures to take! It actually works out great!

His studio was awesome! I couldn't believe the photos he takes and the quality. The price is also something that made us choose him over Disney's photographers.

Hope this helps!

Hmmm well first it depends on time of year. We have a 5 pm wedding in late June and Randy thought that was good lighting conditions(the sun doesn't set until 7-8 pm in FL during the summer) He does do many illuminations pictures which come out gorgeous( they are so good that even though we are having our dp as welcome party we had to book him for that as well) but I think he has a point- no matter who you go with the nightime pics just won't be the same as the daytime IF you do them outside. Is doing your "couple" portraits indoors an option for you? where is the ceremony? If you don't mind doing it in a well lit place it may be OK as opposed to the beach by the pavilion which will be quite dark (there are very few lights in that area).Maybe people here can come up with some cool indoor/well lit locations close to your ceremony location!;)

I understand were you are coming from though because DH2B and I refuse to see each other before the ceremony:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter