Yet More TV Production In Feb

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
We just got this email…

Aloha Guest,​
Welcome home!​
We are delighted you have chosen Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii, as your vacation destination. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

We wanted to make you aware that during your stay at Aulani Resort we will also be welcoming a national television production. This television production will utilize a portion of Ko Olina beach at Aulani Resort from February 8 –14, 2023 for filming. Aulani beach activities and amenities will be provided along the rest of the beach.

During the dates listed above, it is possible that you may see or hear production taking place. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope you will enjoy being at Aulani Resort during this exciting time.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

On one hand, it might be fun to see some activity, on the other, it might be kind of a pain. Probably more of American Idol. I guess we’ll see!

American Idol filmed there the same time last year. Perhaps that's it, like you said.

Anyone have any experiences with something like this at Aulani? Good, bad or ugly?

They were filming something this past August when I was there. It was only minor inconvenience because they would close a particular pool and the surrounding area for a few hours. I was not curious so I stayed away from the filming areas.

American Idol filmed there the same time last year. Perhaps that's it, like you said.

Anyone have any experiences with something like this at Aulani? Good, bad or ugly?
We were there for the Idol taping last year. We thought it was a blast. We're not American Idol fans but it was cool to be able to see a major TV production like that. I've seen people complain that the stage "blocks the view of the ocean" but in my opinion that's a complete non issue.

This was the view from my room with the Idol stage circled in red. It's barely noticeable even when pointed out.

PXL_20220213_033905808~2.jpg

We were there for the Idol taping last year. We thought it was a blast. We're not American Idol fans but it was cool to be able to see a major TV production like that. I've seen people complain that the stage "blocks the view of the ocean" but in my opinion that's a complete non issue.

This was the view from my room with the Idol stage circled in red. It's barely noticeable even when pointed out.

View attachment 711057
Yeah…doesn't look like it will be an issue at all. I think it will be fun to see what’s happening.

We just got this email…

Aloha Guest,​

Welcome home!​

We are delighted you have chosen Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii, as your vacation destination. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

We wanted to make you aware that during your stay at Aulani Resort we will also be welcoming a national television production. This television production will utilize a portion of Ko Olina beach at Aulani Resort from February 8 –14, 2023 for filming. Aulani beach activities and amenities will be provided along the rest of the beach.

During the dates listed above, it is possible that you may see or hear production taking place. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope you will enjoy being at Aulani Resort during this exciting time.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

On one hand, it might be fun to see some activity, on the other, it might be kind of a pain. Probably more of American Idol. I guess we’ll see!​

I got the same email. I expect it will be more of a distraction than a fun activity. Our entire stay (except the first night) falls into this window. My niece may find a way to turn it into an educational experience for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter