Yeti thermos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
I think we can take a thermos into the parks...if we can, will they allow a 36 oz yeti water bottle or is it too big?

One more question...do we need to wait in the line for ordering food to get our ice water or can we walk up to the counter and ask for it?

One more question...do we need to wait in the line for ordering food to get our ice water or can we walk up to the counter and ask for it?

We walked up to the counter and asked for it. But we didn't try to have them fill our cups, just took the paper cups they handed us and dumped them into our own cups. Not as environmentally friendly but held up the line less I think? Not sure if they fill bottles if you ask.

We walked up to the counter and asked for it. But we didn't try to have them fill our cups, just took the paper cups they handed us and dumped them into our own cups. Not as environmentally friendly but held up the line less I think? Not sure if they fill bottles if you ask.

Awesome :) We're going to each get a cup and then pour it into our thermos, I didn't even think about them filling our bottle.

Will we be able to fill the thermos with ice from the ice machine at the resort and bottled water in the morning before we head to the parks, or will they make us pour it out before we go in?

Will we be able to fill the thermos with ice from the ice machine at the resort and bottled water in the morning before we head to the parks, or will they make us pour it out before we go in?

You can bring it in with you. I got my coffee every morning at the food court of my resort and drank it as I walked into the parks at rope drop.

You can bring whatever drink you want inside the park as long as it's not alcohol or in a prohibited container.

Thermos, fast food cup, Starbucks/DD, resort mug, etc are all fine

We bought a 32oz Hydro Flask thermos (same concept as Yeti) a couple of years ago and we figure it has paid for itself 9-10 times over all of our trips vs. buying bottles of water in the park. We mostly use it in summer. During the other seasons, we tend to take it with us in the day and leave it in the room in the evenings and walk up and get cups of water.

Word to the wise: If you haven't bought yours yet, think long and hard about the size you want. A 64oz vessel sounds great, but lugging it around isn't. Friends of ours have a family of 5 and they purchased a 64oz and borrowed our 32oz to take last year. After the first day, they left their 64oz in the room and used the 32oz exclusively. In a backpack the smaller size is not too noticeable.

Starbucks inside the park usually has a water station as well, where you can fill up cups and then pour them into your water bottle/thermos.

Great news :) We already have ours and used it at Hershey park and loved it! It kept our water cold all day and we carried it in our bookbag. Is the water they give out as bad as what comes out of the water fountains? I made the mistake of drinking from a water fountain once at MK (11 yrs ago, haven't done it since lol) and it was horrible!

When I got my Yeti thermos it was touted as one of the most amazing thermoses ever created and there was even a whole TV show produced about its construction and design. It was going to hold my beverage in a whole new way. I was going to be blown away.

It worked for that first year. Then it stopped working as advertised and when I went to guest services they stuck some tape on a few cracks.

It still carries a beverage for me, but it's just...not the same. Some people claim to not even see my thermos!

Great news :) We already have ours and used it at Hershey park and loved it! It kept our water cold all day and we carried it in our bookbag. Is the water they give out as bad as what comes out of the water fountains? I made the mistake of drinking from a water fountain once at MK (11 yrs ago, haven't done it since lol) and it was horrible!

All water at Starbucks and restaurants/quick service locations is filtered water. It won't have the water fountain taste

When I got my Yeti thermos it was touted as one of the most amazing thermoses ever created and there was even a whole TV show produced about its construction and design. It was going to hold my beverage in a whole new way. I was going to be blown away.

It worked for that first year. Then it stopped working as advertised and when I went to guest services they stuck some tape on a few cracks.

It still carries a beverage for me, but it's just...not the same. Some people claim to not even see my thermos!

I can't get behind the Yeti movement.

I have a $7 Ozark cup that is nearly the exact same as Yeti except it keeps drinks colder a little longer, and it doesn't come with that ridiculous pricetag

All water at Starbucks and restaurants/quick service locations is filtered water. It won't have the water fountain taste

Yessssssssssss!!!!

I can't get behind the Yeti movement.

I have a $7 Ozark cup that is nearly the exact same as Yeti except it keeps drinks colder a little longer, and it doesn't come with that ridiculous pricetag

We had our yeti before the Ozarks came out...we now own 3 of the Ozarks in different sizes and LOVE them!!!! We did a test one night, same size cups, amount of ice, water everything to see if one was better than the other and one was...the Ozark! There was still ice in it the next morning.

Because there are actually two different conversations going on within this thread and because the OP’s questions have been answered, closing before the thread derails in reverse. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!