Yikes! 2 weeks to plan a 9 day trip on March 2nd

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
I'm normally a fantastic planner. I get all the details worked out months in advance and write out daily park touing plans the few weeks before the trip. This time though, I've been too busy! Our trip is in a couple weeks. And I need to think it out. Feel free to give me feedback!

Here's the group...
Me-- 31 weeks pregnant at the time of the trip. No rollercoasters on this trip. I'll be hungry all the time, but won't be able to eat much at one sitting. (Baby limits tummy capacity.)

DH--Never leaves a moment to rest. Always wants to be doing something. Will insist on going on all his favorite atractions (rollercoasters) even though he may not have a ride partner.

DS6-- A brave guy. Will try some bigger rollercoasters if he's tall enough.

DS4--Afraid of almost every ride and attraction especially if the line is dark. He does like Test Track though and It's a Small World.

DD2-- She's up for anything she's tall enough to go on.

Here's the plans so far, but they are subject to change. That's what I want help with, please! Also, what else should we do that's more on the relaxing side? We'll have our moments of being ride commandos, but we've been to WDW last May and December so we don't need to do it all this time. We have APs, so popping into a park for dinner or a nighttime show is fine too.

Plans to follow...

Here's the itinerary at a glance...

Wed 3/2:
Arrive 1pm and transport to AKV
Swim?
Jiko 6:15pm

Thu 3/3:
Character Breakfast at Tusker House 8am
AK opens at 9am
Break/Swim
Back to AK use FPs from earlier
Dinner at Yak & Yeti 5:15pm

Fri 3/4:
Breakfast at Boma 7:30am
DHS for Rope Drop (9am)
Mama Melrose 2:55pm

Sat 3/5:
Luggage transported to BLT
MK (whenever we are ready)
Lunch at Tony's Town Square at Noon
Check-in at BLT
Luau at the Polynesian 5:15pm

Sun 3/6:
Epcot at Rope Drop (9am)
Lunch at Le Cellier 11:55am
Dinner at La Hacienda (5:45pm)

Mon 3/7:
Crystal Palace breakfast 8:05am
MK rope drop at 9am--Do all of Fantasyland
Afternoon break/swim?
Epcot for dinner --Teppan Edo 6:50pm
IllumiNations (unless we're too tired)

Tue 3/8:
Breakfast at Kona 9am
Water Park?
DHS for Fantasmic 8:30pm (maybe?)

Wed 3/9:
MK (when we feel like it)
Pirates League?
Dinner at 'Ohana 6:30pm

Thu 3/10:
Epcot by lunch time, grab FP for Soarin' and TT
Lunch at Coral Reef 11:30am
Kim Possible Adventure?
Dinner at Tutto Italia 7:10pm

Fri 3/11:
Chef Mickey's 7:45am
MK
Leave early afternoon for 4:55pm flight home

Wednesday, March 2nd:
Arrive at 1pm at the airport. Take MME to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We'll be staying here for 3 nights, then moving to Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary for 6 nights. If it's warm, we'll swim at the Kidani pool. If not and our room isn' ready, we may head to AK and let the kids play at the Dig Site if we can't stay entertained at the resort. We have reservations for Jiko at 6:15pm this evening.

Thursday, March 3rd:
We have an ADR for Tusker House at 8am. That's a character breakfast. AK opens at 9am, so we should be finished with breakfast and ready to get a few attractions and Fast Passes right away. I'm a big fan of making the most of rope drop! We'll take an afternoon break, maybe swim too. We'll come back to AK, use FPs collected in the morning and play at the dig site. Dinner is at Yak & Yeti at 5:15pm. This is just after the park closes. I guess they do this regularly? Anything I need to know about this?

Friday, March 4th:
This looks like the best day to start the day at DHS. I know we want to get there at rope drop to ride TSM and grab a FP too. But DH loves Boma so we plan to eat breakfast at Boma at 7:30am, then head out to DHS. We plan to be done here in the early afternoon. I made an ADR for Mama Melrose at 2:55pm. We have no other plans for this evening.

My greatest concern about this day is the special ESPN event taking place at DHS. Has anyone been there for this before? Do I need to be concerned? I'm thinking it will make the park more congested, but won't effect the rides a lot. We'll have TSM out of the way early and grab FP for RnR and ToT or use the single rider line. DH is on his own for those.

Saturday, March 5th:
Our luggage will be transferred from AKL to BLT this morning and we'll head over to MK when we're ready. We plan to eat lunch at Tony's Town Square at noon. I haven't been there in 18 years!

We'll keep tabs on when our room is ready and go there ASAP after lunch to settle in. We plan to go to the Luau at the Polynesian this evening.

If you've been keeping track, you'll notice we have a lot of table service reservations. I'm thinking of getting the DxDDP for us for these first 3 nights. I've planned 9TS credits in 3nights/4days so that would be great. I've done the cost analysis and it would save us a little money compared to just using our TIW card, plus we'll get a ton of snack credits essentially for "free." It will be more snacks than we can use, but the kids will have fun trying! And we'll stock up on water or juice with the extras.

We'll just use our TIW card for the last 6 nights.

Has anyone done the Luau? Any advice for us?

I know I said I want this trip to be relaxing, but with 3 kids is that possible anyway? It will be more relaxed than we usually are. We won't do parks at rope drop every day or see evening shows most nights.

I'm thinking about letting the boys do the Pirate's League. I'm afraid they'll grow out of it in the next few years. What do you think the ideal age is? I'm sure they'd love it now (at ages 6 and 4) but I'm also worried my two year old will feel left out. She's 2, so she'll get over it fast enough.

I'm really hoping it's warm enough to go the water park. The kids would love this. DH was also thinking about mini0golf or something like that if it's not warm enough.

We've done movie under the stars and the campfire sign-alongs before. Any other suggestions for unique experiences?

I've just found this, I hope you're still updating.

I'm so tempted to try the DxDP but don't know if I would use all the credits as we're not overly big breakfast eaters. If you have 9 TS credits worth booked, I would definitely book this as like you say, you will get all the snack credits free.

I think I would book the Pirate's League for the boys. At 2 Ella won't realise that she is missing out on something. If she is anything like my 2 year old DD, an ice lolly or sticker will make her forget her brothers aren't there!

We stayed at Kidani and BLT last October - the pool at Kidani was great, especially the little slide which my DD loved. She didn't like the water play are part but I think she was being a wimp!

I think your plans sound really good so far. We did Tuske House and really enjoyed this. The room we were in was quite small, maybe 30 or so in total and didn't seem rushed or too busy like Chef Mickey's or even Crystal Palace.

Did you do a TR for your December trip? I hope I didn't miss it! Either way, I hope you had a great Birthday trip for Jacob.

Will you do a TR for this one? I loved your last one with all the photo's.

Lisa

If you are still updating and I don't reply straight away, I often check at work when I can (shh, shouldn't really be doing this!) and when I am at home I get distracted by all the TV programmes I watch!!!

But I definitely want to read along if you still want to write.:thumbsup2

Wow! You are brave! A last minute trip and 31 weeks pregnant! I can't wait to read about this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter