Yikes extra $900 to bring mom along on 4 day cat. 11!!

Francisca64

Mouseketeer
I thought it was outrageous since I only paid $399 per person for the 3 of us. Mom wanted to come along and DCL said we'd have to move up to cat. 10 to accomodate her at a price of almost $900extra. Are there no quads on cat. 11??

OK, OK, the good news is I just booked another cruise for just Mum and myself also 4-day Wonder cat. 11 for same price as just bringing her along with kiddies. So now I have two cruising dates in one year. Can life get much better.:Pinkbounc

Watch out Nov 9, 2003...here we come. I get to be an adult for four days without my lovely kiddies. Bring on the Spa and Konk Koolers, the dance floor and Palos! :smooth:

When we cruised in January 2002, I initially booked a single cabin for our family of four. When DW Sue suggested that we bring her mom along, the price went up $1200 because we had to add another cabin. I feel your pain.

I'm pretty sure there are quad rooms for cat. 11's. I know the price is higher for the 4th person if over 12 yrs old., but I didn't think that much more. I'd call again.

Travelocity said they checked with DCL and there were only cat. 10's available that had room for four, so perhaps the quad cat. 11's were already sold out? Just seemed extraordinarily high. I could understand if we had been bumped to a porthole cabin, but I know cat. 10 is not much different at all from a cat. 11 except split bath (and the obvious extra bed).

But like I said happy ending, since it meant I'll just have to cruise again. :-)

Just a note for someone else who may be reading this in the same situation. When a category you want is unavailable, you could book a guarantee for that stateroom.

Anyone out there that can back up that statement?

Joanna

:cool: I just added my friend to my cabin for our Oct cruise. We are in one of the secret porthole rooms;) on deck 5 and too add the 3rd person will be $313. I thought that was great!!:cool:

It is a 4 day wonder cruise........:p

Michelle,
Who did you book through? Is this for another adult??? Great price. Guess mine was more because four people?

:D I have a travel agent that I always use. I had the cruise booked for my Daughter and I,but decided to add a friend and that is the price Disney gave her.:p :p
I was very happy about that too. It is an adult that I added,but I don't think it matters to much on the 3rd passenger since you pay more for the first two wether it is a child or not?;)

Plus I don't think our ship is full and they are still offering some pretty good rates. Early dining is still available too.:p

good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter